Character Tier List?

The guy taking his golf game seriously would NOT refer to himself as a "casual" golfer, either. You failed to mention this. He would probably consider it a pejorative term. I'm sick of this "all or nothing" crap where you're either a pro or a casual. It's possible to be a very effective PSO player, who uses high-tier characters, optimal weapons, and good strategies, who isn't interested in TA.

The term has always been used as a slight, and people hide behind BS excuses when called out on it, but I know they get extremely giddy when they get away with it. (In their little back-alley forums where they dedicate entire pages to players they deem inferior.)

Please see

The guy taking his golf game seriously wouldn't refer to himself as a professional golf player though. Amateur would be a more suitable title, but considering there are no actual Professional PSO players the comparison isn't accurate.

If anyone is an actual professional PSO player I'd much like to find out which organisation is paying their salary.. but to follow your example, if PSO were golf then TA players would be amateurs and everyone else casual. Sure you can label yourself as a good casual, same as a good or bad amateur, does that make you feel less resentment?

No the golfer wouldn't call himself casual as there are legitimate professionals in his field and so, as someone who took his game seriously and played as well as he could, without being paid for it, he would be an amateur, surely?

PSO has no professionals, those who push the limits of what can be achieved in game recieve 200 YouTube views and £3.50 in change. These people are amateurs, at the very best which makes casual a pretty decent term for those who aren't pushing themselves, the game or its mechanics. They are just casually playing the game the way it's presented to them. Casual players.

Most of the people your referring to casually play the game all the damn time, and don't view themselves to be elite TA professionals every time they log in

Please see

No the golfer wouldn't call himself casual as there are legitimate professionals in his field and so, as someone who took his game seriously and played as well as he could, without being paid for it, he would be an amateur, surely?

PSO has no professionals, those who push the limits of what can be achieved in game recieve 200 YouTube views and £3.50 in change. These people are amateurs, at the very best which makes casual a pretty decent term for those who aren't pushing themselves, the game or its mechanics. They are just casually playing the game the way it's presented to them. Casual players.

Most of the people your referring to casually play the game all the damn time, and don't view themselves to be elite TA professionals every time they log in

I think you're missing a lot of prior context from earlier servers in which the term "casual" was a substitute for "bad player." This is exactly what they mean when they post it. They're hiding behind semantics. Matt is aware of this, too.

I mean most players in every game are bad...
It's just a fact of life. I'm a tryhard casual league of legends player, but I'm still a freakin' trash casual

I think you're missing a lot of prior context from earlier servers in which the term "casual" was a substitute for "bad player." This is exactly what they mean when they post it. They're hiding behind semantics. Matt is aware of this, too.
All this drama over miscommunication, I didn't intend on my post to offend anyone.
I literally use the word casual to describe playing the game for fun, I really still don't understand why you think there is a motive behind me using the word.

So,revision and I have been doing several casual runs since he returned.
Casual just means non TA, lol.
99% of my games are casual.
We still like to go fast in casual games however.

In some specific quests this is true, but in the majority of the quests they are just worse off than just having a force.

The main reason i think they are not better is just RAcast, I honestly believe without 30S/D RAcast is too weak.

The party setup would have to be 3x HUcast for 20 S/D to be good, Even 15 S/D would work.

One RAcast and 2x HUcast 1x FO is superior in quests where you can't cover every spawn with single target.
Yup, I remember those 2p TTF times on scht were all HUcast/RAmarl or even HUnewearl. Depends on the quests really.

Also, considering that thread was deleted, methinks you save files on people just for trolling them later. Creepy much? Or just sad...
It's up on a Discord channel by a friend of yours. I only had to do the cropping. If we want to bring up sad we'd have to post up a private message recently sent over a 5 year old youtube video. But I won't do that.

Being a casual player isn't a bad thing, it never was. It wasn't used as a substitute for a "bad player" on SCHT, it was just used for people that didn't take the game too seriously. I think the only people that took offense to being called a casual player were those that wanted to prove to others that they weren't "bad" for some reason. I'm casual as fuck, I only play Normal Mode when events come around.

Mayn's Tier List
1.Humar
2.Everyone else
I like you.

I don't even.

A bad player doesn't need an alternative name. They're a bad player.

Casual in the entire community of Time Attackers and Speedrunners is used when referring to just playing the game as it was intended without pushing themselves.

"On a casual run of"...

"When casually playing"

All this drama over miscommunication, I didn't intend on my post to offend anyone.
I literally use the word casual to describe playing the game for fun, I really still don't understand why you think there is a motive behind me using the word.

There was no miscommunication.

Ade "Safe Strats" the not-so-casual just likes to be offended.

While I'm just casually playing PSO casually like the filthy casual I am with everyone else. Casually.

:3

The term was regularly used as an insult on old servers. Attempts to downplay its meaning now are equally insulting to the intelligence of those who remember.

"Casual" play is casual, not bad, and I don't really see anyone here who's claiming otherwise, so can we stop arguing about that? I play casually, I tell everyone I play casually, and I usually play with other casual players. It's not a bad thing or a big deal to anyone. Let's chill the heck out.

Anyway, here's the REAL tier list, guys. For real.

upload_2017-12-7_13-16-38.png

A list so good it needs to be posted twice. As a totally not-biased FOmarl main, I agree with this.

"Casual" play is casual, not bad, and I don't really see anyone here who's claiming otherwise, so can we stop arguing about that? I play casually, I tell everyone I play casually, and I usually play with other casual players. It's not a bad thing or a big deal to anyone. Let's chill the heck out.

Anyway, here's the REAL tier list, guys. For real.

View attachment 5343

RAcl 4 lyfe. (cute automatically subracts 1 minute from all TA times, I hope everyone knows this)

everyone refers to playing without much concern for times as "casually". ade's mad because some mean people years ago used it as an insult. the keywords here are "years ago"
i vividly remember someone whose name shall not publicized that once reported one of our games because it was called "casual rt" when it was literally that, a casual rt.

I agree w/ reason's list from a usefulness standpoint. from an effectiveness perspective, HUcaseal would place higher than HUnewearl as it is better in everything except 2p or ttf

Ade, stop getting yourself into silly arguments. You should realise that you are on no higher moral standing than anyone else, and the way you see the world is not anymore correct than anyone else. To make it obvious, you started this, not anyone else.

And to everyone else, I recommend we drop the discussion of the whole "casual/tryhard/"normal"" mindsets before it causes more drama and actions have to be taken. I have no issue with the discussion, just keep it civil.

To expand on that point, there's only really two types of tier lists:
  1. One is a tier list which compares every character against other character and judges their overall effectiveness. (In a list like this, RAcaseal would probably be around mid-tier)
  2. The other is a tier list which compares the effectiveness of classes in meta situations, and if they offer anything unique or useful to the party compared to taking other classes. (In a list like this, RAcaseal is bottom tier)
No need for the arguments really.

EDIT: Expanded on the tier list categories.

Last edited:
The discussion is more to alleviate the claims made by ade.

They're hiding behind semantics. Matt is aware of this, too.

Kinda makes it sound like you can expect to be shitcanned for using a seemingly banned word.

Of course we're mostly aware that a certain individual has problems with the term and not the community at large, but not everyone played on scht.

Casuals.

Back