Character Tier List?

RAmar forever:D
Since the new DMC patch has been released. Ranger classes has been more powerful since demons won't be as much cancelled as before. But if I had to list the best chars by personnal preferences my list would be
1 RAmar (obviously XD)
2 Racast
3 HUcast
4 FOnewm
5 Ramarl
6 Hucaseal
6 Huneweal
7 FOmarl
8 Fomar
9 Fonewearl
10 Humar
11 Racaseal

dmc patch chances are does change this list a lot. Granted it for sure buffs the hell out of sof as well.

TAtierlist.png

This is a tier list I came up with.
It's based solely on character usefulness in TIME ATTACK, and accounts for niche strategy.

This list is entirely weighted on 2P/3P/4P TA.
(I.E. Solomode RAmar is probably a tier higher)

In casual play there would be differences to this tier list, and all characters are basically viable.

Last edited:
It's not "casual" play, it's "normal" play. Normal play assumes you don't rote memorize everything and you just play the game. You can still be a serious normal player who is skilled and hunts effectively. Labeling them as casuals is pretty careless.

Anyway, assuming you don't have everything rote-memorized, RAcast crushes HUcast's overall DPS. The only way HUcast wins is by knowing exactly where to stand and when to use DF.

Of course, the amount of time spent planning HUcast's positioning out and the number of failures that will occur while perfecting this method is far less efficient than just playing the game. That is, if you just want to hunt items .-.

It's sad to see that this attitude of "If you only play the game 98% efficiently and you don't run for breaking records, you're a casual" rearing its head on this server.

Last edited:
It's not "casual" play, it's "normal" play. Normal play assumes you don't rote memorize everything and you just play the game. You can still be a serious normal player who is skilled and hunts effectively. Labeling them as casuals is pretty careless.

Anyway, assuming you don't have everything rote-memorized, RAcast crushes HUcast's overall DPS. The only way HUcast wins is by knowing exactly where to stand and when to use DF.

Of course, the amount of time spent planning HUcast's positioning out and the number of failures that will occur while perfecting this method is far less efficient than just playing the game. That is, if you just want to hunt items .-.

My tier list is based solely on Time Attack meta which requires memorization of spawns.
Playing the game casually, or normally without knowledge of spawns nets different results.
You yourself can make a tier list based on this if you wanted to.

My tier list is based solely on time attack.
Playing the game casually, or normally nets different results.

I get that. But I know you, Revision, and you're doing this just to take jabs at people who are less pro than you. You've done this for years. You're very subtle, but I see right through it.

I get that. But I know you, Revision, and you're doing this just to take jabs at people who are less pro than you. You've done this for years. You're very subtle, but I see right through it.
How is this a bait, or troll? This is MY HONEST opinion on the balance of the game when related to TIME ATTACK.
If your opinion differs so be it.

The term casual is legitimate in this case since you are not really trying to min max, maybe I should've wrote normally I guess if it offends people.

How is this a bait, or troll? This is MY HONEST opinion on the balance of the game when related to TIME ATTACK.
If your opinion differs so be it.

I agree with your tier list. I was just amused that you took the opportunity to label non-TA'ers as "casuals." I think you tried to slip that past everyone.

Consider the example of the seasoned professional white collar worker who takes his golf game very seriously. He might not be a "professional" golfer, but to label him as a "casual," which would put him the same bucket as the guy who plays once or twice a month, is unfair. This seems to be what you're doing with the "casual" label on PSO. I may not enjoy TA very often, but I very much resent being lumped together with everyone else as a "casual" player, and I'm sure many other skilled, non-TA players would feel the same.

The fact that you exude that sentiment by default, because apparently this was unintentional on your part, is even more upsetting.

I agree with your tier list. I was just amused that you took the opportunity to label non-TA'ers as "casuals." I think you tried to slip that past everyone.

Consider the example of the seasoned professional white collar worker who takes his golf game very seriously. He might not be a "professional" golfer, but to label him as a "casual," which would put him the same bucket as the guy who plays once or twice a month, is unfair. This seems to be what you're doing with the "casual" label on PSO. I may not enjoy TA very often, but I very much resent being lumped together with everyone else as a "casual" player, and I'm sure many other skilled, non-TA players would feel the same.

The fact that you exude that sentiment by default, because apparently this was unintentional on your part, is even more upsetting.
What is wrong with being casual?
I still don't really understand the problem considering I play PSO just for fun exclusively now, and I would consider it casual.

I guess some major miscommunication here, I didn't mean anything bad, or intend to cause drama. (MY ENGLISH IS NOT GOOD)

just to take jabs at people who are less pro than you.

I was just amused that you took the opportunity to label non-TA'ers as "casuals." I think you tried to slip that past everyone.

If you play the game for enjoyment and don't particularly care for min/maxing, glitching or learning lesser known game mechanics, most would say you were playing the game casually.

I mean we could call them amateurs if ade likes to refer to everyone else as "pro" ... but maybe you'd feel better if you referred to TAers as tryhards?

Still RAml/HUnl should be higher imo, SH can be overpowered if you play for it and don't need S30 or gif.

Last edited:
Still RAml/HUnl should be higher imo, SH can be overpowered if you play for it and don't need S30 or gif.
The reason i have them lower is that they are quite useless in 4p since 30 S/D makes HUct/RAct that much more powerful.

Forces have more than just SD, Gifoie is really too useful in EP1/EP4 to ignore.
Example #1
Example #2

Aside from episode 2 there is really no good reason to ever play with them in TA outside of 2p which is pretty niche.

I still think FOmarl is above them in 4p EP2 just because of RM being able to single target kill most enemies plus having 30 S/D 30Z just empowers the top tiers even more.
She also has an amazing slicer animation, and can hell basically as well with SNS glitch.

FOmarl is pretty horrible outside of episode 2, so shes definitely worse overall when compared to HUnl, and RAml.

Last edited:
Don’t want to get involved in all the drama but idk why people rate Ract so highly.
Huct mops the floor with him unless hell is concerned, to which it balances out.
Huct is a solomode god, gets even more proportionally stronger with shifta, and can spawn kill enemies which racast just cant do.
It seems because ract is easier to play, people someone justify him being better than hucast.
I play both and I love both but in TA and non TA Huct has no equal.

The guy taking his golf game seriously wouldn't refer to himself as a professional golf player though. Amateur would be a more suitable title, but considering there are no actual Professional PSO players the comparison isn't accurate.

If anyone is an actual professional PSO player I'd much like to find out which organisation is paying their salary.. but to follow your example, if PSO were golf then TA players would be amateurs and everyone else casual. Sure you can label yourself as a good casual, same as a good or bad amateur, does that make you feel less resentment?

Don’t want to get involved in all the drama but idk why people rate Ract so highly.
Huct mops the floor with him unless hell is concerned, to which it balances out.
Huct is a solomode god, gets even more proportionally stronger with shifta, and can spawn kill enemies which racast just cant do.
It seems because ract is easier to play, people someone justify him being better than hucast.
I play both and I love both but in TA and non TA Huct has no equal.

Eh, HUct is your single target, RAct is your dedicated AoE.

Sure both can do each others role, but RAct can apply (less) damage over a (wider) area. You can't always just walk to the optimal position in time.

The guy taking his golf game seriously wouldn't refer to himself as a professional golf player though. Amateur would be a more suitable title, but considering there are no actual Professional PSO players the comparison isn't accurate.

If anyone is an actual professional PSO player I'd much like to find out which organisation is paying their salary.. but to follow your example, if PSO were golf then TA players would be amateurs and everyone else casual. Sure you can label yourself as a good casual, same as a good or bad amateur, does that make you feel less resentment?

The guy taking his golf game seriously would NOT refer to himself as a "casual" golfer, either. You failed to mention this. He would probably consider it a pejorative term. I'm sick of this "all or nothing" crap where you're either a pro or a casual. It's possible to be a very effective PSO player, who uses high-tier characters, optimal weapons, and good strategies, who isn't interested in TA.

The term has always been used as a slight, and people hide behind BS excuses when called out on it, but I know they get extremely giddy when they get away with it. (In their little back-alley forums where they dedicate entire pages to players they deem inferior.)

30 S/D makes HUct RAct that much more powerful

There are several quests where S30 isn't needed to CK enemies and 15/20 is sufficient and with SH both classes can reach ATP supprisingly close to the males.

It's not for every quest, but there are a few where I'd legitimately say RAml/HUnl would be the best FO to use if you can't 4way. Same for Ramar 2p

There's a reason why I only bring out my HUeventcasts around this time of the year, HUcast is god for PvE.

TAtierlist.png

This is a tier list I came up with.
It's based solely on character usefulness in TIME ATTACK, and accounts for niche strategy.

This list is entirely weighted on 2P/3P/4P TA.
(I.E. Solomode RAmar is probably a tier higher)

In casual play there would be differences to this tier list, and all characters are basically viable.
B> HUmar-only Rainbow just so he could get out of that B+ tier ='(
Forever stuck in mediocrity, he's not even the best class for Battle mode when up against a godly HUney player lol.

You really should stop trying to interpret everything as an attack. Maybe follow your own advice once in a while.

Untitled.png

There's a reason why I only bring out my HUeventcasts around this time of the year, HUcast is god for PvE.

B> HUmar-only Rainbow just so he could get out of that B+ tier ='(
Forever stuck in mediocrity, he's not even the best class for Battle mode when up against a godly HUney player lol.

You really should stop trying to interpret everything as an attack. Maybe follow your own advice once in a while.

View attachment 5342

A completely out-of-context comment taken from a totally unrelated discussion. I would expect nothing less from you, Vex. The fact that I get cranky sometimes doesn't mean that every single time I become indignant is unwarranted. This is an argumentative tactic known as "poisoning the well," and it's wrong.

Also, considering that thread was deleted, methinks you save files on people just for trolling them later. Creepy much? Or just sad...

Last edited:
There are several quests where S30 isn't needed to CK enemies and 15/20 is sufficient and with SH both classes can reach ATP supprisingly close to the males.

It's not for every quest, but there are a few where I'd legitimately say RAml/HUnl would be the best FO to use if you can't 4way

In some specific quests this is true, but in the majority of the quests they are just worse off than just having a force.

The main reason i think they are not better is just RAcast, I honestly believe without 30 S/D RAcast is too weak.

The party setup would have to be 3x HUcast for 20 S/D to be good, Even 15 S/D would work.

1x RAcast and 2x HUcast 1x FO is superior in quests where you can't cover every spawn with single target.

Last edited:
Back