Character data missing? Ver 2

I actually posted this before a few months back and, well never got it resolved. Life got in the way and I dropped it.

Anyway trying this again, logging into my account, I get my character data showing as 4 new EMPTY character slots. I have a 170s+ Ramar that loads just fine on my wife's laptop. So something is up with my PC.

I checked my router, and windows firewall, and there doesn't seem to be anything that would block some character data from reaching my PC.

Any ideas?

(TLDR: My pc won't load character data at the character select screen, wife's works just fine)

When you have the launcher up, check the top right corner of the launcher. Try switching the "Slot(s)" back to "1-4."

You mentioned you uninstalled scht.
I know in the past if you had more than 1 private server installed, they all saved the login info to the same registry. Meaning: if you logged into scht, quit, then opened ephinea, it would still be using the login credentials from scht.

Perhaps this is the issue?

Unlikely, as it useto work.

Also, the account logs in fine, as in, if i type a wrong password it fails to get as far as I am. Character data is just bugged on my machine somehow...

Open regedit.exe, browse to:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SonicTeam\PSOBB\Ephinea

Change the CHARACTER_BANK registry value to 1.

I'm getting the impression the launcher isn't allowed to edit the registry due to permissions on your PC, which I'm not 100% with because I just get rid of all restrictions like that and forget about them.

It should be able to write to HKCU even without admin rights...
Unless something messed up really bad with the registry key "removing" write access.

Open regedit.exe, browse to:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SonicTeam\PSOBB\Ephinea

Change the CHARACTER_BANK registry value to 1.

I'm getting the impression the launcher isn't allowed to edit the registry due to permissions on your PC, which I'm not 100% with because I just get rid of all restrictions like that and forget about them.

It's already 1, good thinking though...

So no votes for some sort of network issue? I didn't find anything in my firewall or router's port forwarding... Does the character data come from a different location than the login server? (I can login clearly, but cannot see characters)

So no votes for some sort of network issue? I didn't find anything in my firewall or router's port forwarding... Does the character data come from a different location than the login server? (I can login clearly, but cannot see characters)
Well if you can login than you should be able to get your character data. Wouldn't make sense for it to be blocked to that granularity (I AM NOT IT ADMIN SO I COULD BE WRONG)

The characters are server side if you have the same slots selected it wouldn't be the client causing the problem. You could either be connecting to a different server or logging in with a different account.

The characters are server side if you have the same slots selected it wouldn't be the client causing the problem. You could either be connecting to a different server or logging in with a different account.

I can log in with this account fine on another PC so I don't think that is the case. It's clearly something I did, probably while setting up my own server.

Though, I had both running fine until a few months ago.

Going to sound crazy. Is pso's executable (not the client, but pso itself) added as a safe program to any firewall or anti malware/virus software you have?

Usually I refer as the client to the executable itself, anything else are assets or other stuff, not the point of your note, I guess you could say "can I execute pso if..."

Either way... when you add something as a safe program or as an exclusion to your "protection" (av, firewall, anti malware, etc) what it does is to tell the protection to not shit itself when the safe program executes or does something, so pretty much it has nothing to do with the safe program and shouldn't affect it at all, besides having the possibility to be allowed to function by your protection.

Usually I refer as the client to the executable itself, anything else are assets or other stuff, not the point of your note, I guess you could say "can I execute pso if..."

Either way... when you add something as a safe program or as an exclusion to your "protection" (av, firewall, anti malware, etc) what it does is to tell the protection to not shit itself when the safe program executes or does something, so pretty much it has nothing to do with the safe program and shouldn't affect it at all, besides having the possibility to be allowed to function by your protection.

For shits and giggles I checked my server, I can login and get online fine. I reinstalled ephinea to a new location and gave everyone full rights, still, I can logon and am presented with 4 empty character slots.

To prove that my character actually exists, I can download my character data right on this website using the same credentials...

VERY ODD!

PS. I also reset my entire router, did not fix this though, my local IP did not change.

Back