Character data missing? Ver 2

We also know that not ALL PSO's are broken on my PC only Ephinea. Though only Ephinea is installed at this point (reinstalled to a few locations by now)

Well.. I guess that's about it.
I guess you could ask someone you trust to log in your account in the correct slots and see if they load or not... (change the password to a dummy one first, then change it back so they dont get your password lol).

Or just wait and see if the staff can help any further.

Well.. I guess that's about it.
I guess you could ask someone you trust to log in your account in the correct slots and see if they load or not... (change the password to a dummy one first, then change it back so they dont get your password lol).

Or just wait and see if the staff can help any further.

My account is fine, it works great on my wife's PC. (as stated a few times, this issue is specific to ephinea and this PC)

It's clearly something I did, probably while setting up my own server.

Does your personal server and your Ephinea account share an identical username and password?

If yes, reset your Ephinea password and change it to something else.

If you can no longer log in with the new password (and the old password still works), this means you were not logging into Ephinea, but another server,

Does your personal server and your Ephinea account share an identical username and password?

If yes, reset your Ephinea password and change it to something else.

If you can no longer log in with the new password (and the old password still works), this means you were not logging into Ephinea, but another server,

Reset my PW, Eph PSOBB failed to login with my OLD password and worked with my new one. So I am logging into the correct server.

I didn't see that pic before, what happens if you set the character bank to 0 (in the registry)?

"No accounts work on his PC."

If this is true....

Step 1) Create new account (just so you're not fucking with your main which may have unintended consequences)

Step 2) Select "create new character"

Step 3) Create a new character

What happens? Any error messages etc?

(I never saw it stated that he actually tried selecting it, but I coulda missed it if he did)

I didn't see that pic before, what happens if you set the character bank to 0 (in the registry)?
It promptly returns to it's correct value of 1 (or 3 or whatever slot i choose)

The last time i successfully logged in was before all of this slot stuff, but clearly our accounts are fine something with this pc tho....

"No accounts work on his PC."

If this is true....

Step 1) Create new account (just so you're not fucking with your main which may have unintended consequences)

Step 2) Select "create new character"

Step 3) Create a new character

What happens? Any error messages etc?

(I never saw it stated that he actually tried selecting it, but I coulda missed it if he did)

Ok I did this,

UN: Abc123abc
PW: Abc123abc

I made a character named "Abc123abc" and logged in, got online fine, logged off and back in. Character is there working just fine.

Something with the account migration when they made extra slots may have f'ed my account up? Seems odd that it works on my wifes PC though.

Any ideas? Maybe someone can just move my character to a new account?

So basically,

My account can be opened on my wife's PC but not my PC

My PC cannot open either my wife's or my account but CAN open a newly created character

A MYSTERY! Something has to be messed up with migrated accounts on my PC?

Ok I did this,

UN: Abc123abc
PW: Abc123abc

I made a character named "Abc123abc" and logged in, got online fine, logged off and back in. Character is there working just fine.

Something with the account migration when they made extra slots may have f'ed my account up? Seems odd that it works on my wifes PC though.

Any ideas? Maybe someone can just move my character to a new account?

What happens when you change slots (character bank)? Does it work? Or does it stay "stuck" on the slot with your new abc character?

What happens when you change slots (character bank)? Does it work? Or does it stay "stuck" on the slot with your new abc character?
Wow, that's it.

No matter the slot I choose my ABC character shows. My PC must be stuck on some slot. I was never showing the slot that I chose.

Now, how do I fix that?

It's editing my regedit location fine, as in my char_bank value is 5 or 3 or whatever I choose, but it must be reading it from an alternate location or bombing out and defaulting to some random number.

Thoughts?

edited my char bank directly, set to 0, ran pso directly (no launcher) ABC still came up with the bank value at 0 which is an invalid number (1-4 is 1)

Tried to find some alternate registry location or some weird config file with the client. Failed on both missions. Hmm...I thought permissions but, running as admin so that shouldn't be the case either...

Last edited:
Back