Character data missing? Ver 2

edited my char bank directly, set to 0, ran pso directly (no launcher) ABC still came up with the bank value at 0 which is an invalid number (1-4 is 1)

Tried to find some alternate registry location or some weird config file with the client. Failed on both missions. Hmm...I thought permissions but, running as admin so that shouldn't be the case either...

Probably won't work, but try 4 things:

1) Log in, create a new character. Change your slot using the /charbank command (/charbank 1). Log out (but dont close the game). Log back in. Did the slot change?

NOTE: maybe backup the EPHINEA registry folder before trying these other options (to save any other settings you had - idk lol just figured I'd put a disclaimer)

2) Delete all your EPHINEA registry keys (the entire folder?). Run the game. Try changing slots.

3) Delete all your EPHINEA registry keys (the entire folder?). Run install.reg (inside your Ephinea folder - unless Soda changed how the game is installed). Run the game. Try changing slots.

4) Delete all your EPHINEA registry keys (the entire folder?). Reinstall the game. Run the game. Try changing slots.

Alright, so I made a brand new account and logged in. Made a character and it's immediately on the last slot. I need to get my PC back to the first slot somehow.

NOTE: The launcher is showing 1-4 and regedit showing bank 0.

upload_2016-12-25_17-43-40.png

Alright, so I made a brand new account and logged in. Made a character and it's immediately on the last slot. I need to get my PC back to the first slot somehow.

NOTE: The launcher is showing 1-4 and regedit showing bank 0.

View attachment 2712
This reply of yours said bank 1 https://www.pioneer2.net/community/threads/character-data-missing-ver-2.4587/page-2#post-47063
But now is 0? weird... can you manually change it to 1?

Also, what happens if you have regedit open in the ephinea key, open the launcher and select lets say bank #3 and launch the game, go to regedit and press F5 and see if the selected bank changed.

Right, regedit is showing the correct value that the launcher is setting. However the game is always showing 29-32.

My main account has it's characters in CBANK 1 which explains why I never see them.

Really no matter what I do in regedit the game just shows 29-32, it's almost like its reading this value from some alternate location.

.....Are you running as admin? :confused:
Or do you have PSO installed in some place that windows doesn't like? (Like Program files?)

The first location was some /users/blabla/ephinea
I installed it to a desktop folder now, and once more on my storage solid state drive.

Are you sure you're looking in the right registry?
They should be recreated.

Deleted registry values, and any PSOs that I could remember. They got all recreated upon reinstall, still going after value 8 or slots 29-32. It's gotta be something due to how I was building my own teth server on this PC. Some dumb thing that I cannot remember.

Also had the registry open as I was typing /CBANK 0 (or 1 or 5) in PSO and watching the registry change values.

I tried a IPCONFIG /DNSFLUSH, I wonder if something is caching "8"

Last edited:
It was not recreated automatically as far as I can tell.
It sounds like your Registry permissions are wrong.

You should delete the whole Sonic Team registry and reinstall the game, though your permissions could be screwed up from higher up. Registry permissions usually are inherit. Even if you deleted the Ephinea registry folder, if the Sonic Team permissions were messed up, Ephinea would inherit those.

I'd make sure that Administrators have full control on the Sonic Team registry and that the Ephinea Registry folder is set to inherit permissions, then run the game as Administrator.

It's definite registry permission related, though. Sounds like it's read only due to insufficient access to write the values.

It sounds like your Registry permissions are wrong.

You should delete the whole Sonic Team registry and reinstall the game, though your permissions could be screwed up from higher up. Registry permissions usually are inherit. Even if you deleted the Ephinea registry folder, if the Sonic Team permissions were messed up, Ephinea would inherit those.

I'd make sure that Administrators have full control on the Sonic Team registry and that the Ephinea Registry folder is set to inherit permissions, then run the game as Administrator.

It's definite registry permission related, though. Sounds like it's read only due to insufficient access to write the values.

If anything it can write just fine, but not read.

The value in the registry changes when I edit it from the PSO launcher. I set "Everyone" to full access. Still failing.

To clarify, I have reinstalled the game, deleted the registry entries, tried "Cbank" and watched it edit the registry.

Very odd. Also, why default to the last one then? ("8" or 29-32) This has only been an issue since these extra slots went into effect.

Time to back up the important stuff on a USB drive and reformat, my friend ;D

We miss you! So bite the bullet :D

Time to back up the important stuff on a USB drive and reformat, my friend ;D

We miss you! So bite the bullet :D
Yea..., I just need a good free day. Maybe on the 7th of January.

Luckily, I have 4 drives/arrays in this pc so backing up is really just moving from C to (D, F, N, or Z)

Yea..., I just need a good free day. Maybe on the 7th of January.

Luckily, I have 4 drives/arrays in this pc so backing up is really just moving from C to (D, F, N, or Z)

Ah, not too bad then. I hope to see you on there one of these days!

Back up all relevant data and wipe the drive. Reinstall. I think you are the last report point

Back