Aggrebee's Guide on How To Install The PSOBB Character Reader Addon For Silly Bees

Does it works on XP os? i've been trying changing the name of the folders and i haven't been able to make it work :/

The log window says "addon_name present a handler errored and has been closed"or something like that. :(
It should work on XP. I think. But what folders are you changing the names to and why? You can't change any of the addon folder names without breaking them.

it seems the mag reader no longer works. its getting errors and refuses to work now starting yesterday. anyone have a possible fix?

Does it works on XP os? i've been trying changing the name of the folders and i haven't been able to make it work :/

The log window says "addon_name present a handler errored and has been closed"or something like that. :(
Actually, all calls to read UTF-16 strings, which is needed for all of Soly's addons, will fail if you're using Windows XP. I made a separate build of the dinput8.dll file that does work on Windows XP and posted that in my fork of the repository. I also submitted a pull request to Eidolon's repository, and he's merged the change but hasn't released another build. So for now you're stuck using the build I put in my fork. Here's the link.

https://github.com/StephenCWills/psobbaddonplugin/releases/tag/v0.3.3-xp

EDIT: Eidolon just released v0.3.4 within hours of my having posted this, so if you download the latest version of the plugin from Eidolon's repository, it ought to work just fine in Windows XP.

Last edited:
Something to note about the current releases of the add-ons. After I gave them a fresh install, nothing but the base Character Reader was active, so I had to go through the folders for Mags, Floor Items, etc, open configuration.lua in each and change local enable to true.

Just thought I'd point it out as the first thing to try if anyone is having trouble.

Something to note about the current releases of the add-ons. After I gave them a fresh install, nothing but the base Character Reader was active, so I had to go through the folders for Mags, Floor Items, etc, open configuration.lua in each and change local enable to true.

Just thought I'd point it out as the first thing to try if anyone is having trouble.
I'm sorry, I chaged them to disabled by default because I didn't want to have all the windows active (I use the github repo as my addons in game so I can quickly see the changes I am making), but I already changed it back.

But there is also this.
I am merging every addon again in a single addon with multiple windows but this time the config for things will be easier to manipulate (it will be in game)

i'm having this problem where it doesn't start. i have all the dll files but an error message comes up that says: "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc00007b). Click OK to close the application". What might be the reason behind that error? how do i fix it?

i'm having this problem where it doesn't start. i have all the dll files but an error message comes up that says: "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc00007b). Click OK to close the application". What might be the reason behind that error? how do i fix it?
It's a bit of a long shot since I've never received that error, but a little research seems to suggest that you may have installed the wrong Visual C++ Redistributable. This is a 32-bit game so you'll need the x86 version, not the 64-bit version.

It's a bit of a long shot since I've never received that error, but a little research seems to suggest that you may have installed the wrong Visual C++ Redistributable. This is a 32-bit game so you'll need the x86 version, not the 64-bit version.
i already have the 32bit version installed. so i went to unistall it to try and reinstall it, but that was not needed. all i had to do was repair it =D. thanks for the help

With the previous character reader I was using, the text file let you make true/false specific items and also customize their colors; including rares. I'm not seeing a way to do that after looking at the text file for the latest version since it doesn't have each and every item listed with the color code next to it. Has anyone figured that out?

With the previous character reader I was using, the text file let you make true/false specific items and also customize their colors; including rares. I'm not seeing a way to do that after looking at the text file for the latest version since it doesn't have each and every item listed with the color code next to it. Has anyone figured that out?
It is in solylib/items/items_list.lua

i got everything working fine but it wont let me move the floor reader it is stuck on top of were my health bar is i tried moving it but it wont let me i even tried manually moving it through the option interface with the x,y coords but still nothing and i dont have the dont move box clicked.

bee2.jpg
PSO players nowadays can see the stats and special attacks of weapons without even picking them up and tekking them. They can remotely look in what's in their bank while in the middle of fighting a boss if they so desire. They can check their inventory without having to even open up the menu. They can see the exact amount of HP monsters and players have. They can see exactly how many seconds it takes until their mags need to be fed.

How? The PSOBB Character Reader Addon, of course! Since it simply reads memory from the game and doesn't alter or hack the game, it and similar addons are allowed on Ephinea. If you want to figure out how to enjoy these conveniences, continue reading!
_______________________________________________​

Step 1: Make sure you have the "Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015" installed, which you can find >HERE< on Microsoft's site. If you have a 32-bit version of Windows, install the x86 version. If you have a 64-bit version of Windows, install the x64 version.

Step 2: Locate your PSOBB directory.

sKkHH8G.png

Step 3: Download the "bbmod.zip" file >HERE< from @Eidolon's PSOBB Addon Plugin Github page. Extract the files, and cut and paste the "addons" folder and the "dinput8.dll" file into your PSOBB directory. This is what enables the addons to function outside of the addons themselves.

j49e2jG.png

Step 4: Download @Soly's PSOBB Addons from his Gibhub page >HERE<, by clicking the green Clone or Download button, under Download Zip. You should get a file called "PSOBBMod-Addons-master.zip". Extract the files, and cut and paste all of the folders (Character Reader, Monster HP, Player Reader, and solylib) into the "addons" folder now located in your PSO directory.

oqPhCVE.png

Step 5: FIRE UP PSO! If you have places everything in the right directories, you should now have 4 little windows inside the game client itself; Main, Monsters, Player Reader, and Character Reader. You can use the in-game cursor to drag the windows around, click and hold the bottom right corners of each window to resize them, and close the Main menu. You can hit the "~" key to open the Main menu back up, which you'll probably do on accident eventually.

pIksrRF.png

The Character Reader in particular will probably become your favorite thing ever, other than bees. You can click the drop down menu to switch between your inventory, bank (your last currently accessed one, or your character bank by default), and the floor (of the current area you're in). You can click the checkbox for your inventory to see mags only.

0lbs43a.gif

If you click the button "Save to file" it will save the list of items your Character Reader is on to a file named "saved_inventory.txt" located in the "addons" folder in your PSO directory. WARNING! It does not create new files for each time you save a list, it rewrites the "saved_inventory.txt" file.

nGMRueY.png

BONUS STEP: There's a plethora of options for customizing Soly's addons from here. You can open up the "configuration.lua" files with Notepad in each addon's folder and turn things on or off if you change "true" to "false" and vice versa. Here's a screenshot of my config file in the Character Reader folder after doing that after the "Enables a dedicated floor items window local floorItemsWindow" line.

SmhgICW.png

Wait, that's a giant unreadable wall of text! FORTUNATELY, you can use Notepad++, which you can download for free >HERE<. When you open a config files in a regular Notepad, the text is a jumbled mess like in a screenshot above. But if you use Notepad++, it's a lot easier to read. Here's the same file after editing "local floorItemsWindow = false" to "local floorItemsWindow = true":

DPt3UgQ.png

A lot easier on the eyes, isn't it? And this will, indeed, enable another window dedicated to floor items in the game.

juTbTHV.png

In addition you can change the colors for all kinds of things. Again, using the config file in the Character Reader folder, the "0xFFFA57B2, -- Havoc" bit refers to the color the special attack Havoc shows up. The last 6 characters, "FA57B2", is a hex color code, and when you enter it into Google, it shows up as hot pink. You can use Google's color selector and get any color you want, and simply replace the last 6 letters of these color strings to change the color items/specials/names/etc appear in the addon windows in game. Lastly, there's a file called "imgui.ini" in the addons folder. This is where your addon window sizes and locations gets saved to, so if you get them arranged in a way you like and mess it up later, it might be wise to make a copy of "imgui.ini" to replace it with. Otherwise, you can go to the properties of it by right-clicking it, and put it in "Read Only" mode. This way if you move your windows around, your changes won't be saved.

That's about all. I hope this improves your PSO experience and makes your life a little bit easier. Happy hunting!

Set this up a couple days ago but found the floor reader too distracting xD

Do enjoy the player & monster reader, helps with knowing some jz & sd info. For when dealing with fleshy HU RA & PB chains.

Looking to get the Drop reader (floor reader), Was wondering if this works on Mac (ios)?

Looking to get the Drop reader (floor reader), Was wondering if this works on Mac (ios)?
Since you use wine propably (same as with linux) you should look for guides here on this forum. I know that they are there, just not where they are exactly.

Since you use wine propably (same as with linux) you should look for guides here on this forum. I know that they are there, just not where they are exactly.

that is extremely good news and yes am using wine! the tool is almost essential so i can focus on the game play and not checking every drop!

now the question is where to find the guide ><

Thanks!

Back