Your opinions about a NEW and FUN Battle mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

fishhao

Wisest Ramar on Ragol
Hello Ephinea

I am thinking of making a new battle mode "rule" that is not TRYHARD, but also FUN and REWARDING. Details of the rules are currently a Nandos secret (and if not approved, impossible or just low interest, no point making)

I want to know from previous QEditors if new bmode rules/quests are possible to make, and if it is possible to add small prizes like DSR tickets or Lucky Coins to these custom Bmode rules. Also curious if GMs would approve of these kind of rewards for such bmode games (or if it is too centralizing and etc).

I think the official SEGA made bmode rules can remain prizeless, but what do the other players think of having small rewards for unofficial fanmade bmode rules, like:
1st - 4 tickets or 2 lucky coins
2nd - 3 tickets or 1 lucky coin
3rd - 2 tickets or 1 lucky coin
4th - 1 ticket or 1 lucky coin

I would like to hear your opinions, my lovely ephineans.

The TRUE & HONEST Nandos

Too easy to exploit. Multibox - Win endlessly against your alt - profit.
Unfortunately this is the case for adding rewards.

It would be nice if there was a tournament for bmode. Idk if the server would be willing to sponsor it. If not then maybe players could put up an item on entry? Or if others wanted to just donate and not participate then they could do so. We've spoken about it for a while now but I think you (Nandos) or Vex need to come together to organise it. We could see some old bmoders return for it and that would be great!
Even if no items are put up a legit elimination tournament would be fine too, with random names generated for brackets.
I think battle mode is a lot of fun yet 90% will not even attempt it because there is nothing to gain so they will continue playing NM and CM. Idk how else to incentivise without rewards yet rewards can't really be done for bmode sadly.

A flaw with bmode essentially is that in NM and CM you work together, but in BM you play against each other (obviously). Discourages newbies from trying it out bc they know they will just keep losing (to begin with at least) against experienced players. W/o rewards people are quite happy to sit it out rather than invest the time to improve.
However bmode is fun, there is no animosity and it is the most competitive out of all the modes! It is also a welcome break from NM and CM. People love competition in games so why not give it a try? > Everybody

I am always for new bmode rules however, maybe some that would contain more advanced weaponry?

Last edited:
Unfortunately this is the case for adding rewards.

It would be nice if there was a tournament for bmode. Idk if the server would be willing to sponsor it. If not then maybe players could put up an item on entry? Or if others wanted to just donate and not participate then they could do so. We've spoken about it for a while now but I think you (Nandos) or Vex need to come together to organise it. We could see some old bmoders return for it and that would be great!
Even if no items are put up a legit elimination tournament would be fine too, with random names generated for brackets.
I think battle mode is a lot of fun yet 90% will not even attempt it because there is nothing to gain so they will continue playing NM and CM. Idk how else to incentivise without rewards yet rewards can't really be done for bmode sadly.
We had a bmode tourney on sega bb. I'll see if I can find the old thread. Very successful. Got a lot of new people into it. The prizes were community funded

Considering multiclienting is allowed here, we definitely couldn't have some sort of battle mode reward that's automatic, you'd have to do some sort of community event where things can be looked over.

I wouldn't mind adding rewards into battle to get people into it (you would have to get rewarded whether you win or lose though, just more rewards if you win), but as it stands it would simply be abused.

Great suggestion.

Rewards are definitely something that's needed, the fears over abuse seem slightly exaggerated though.

You'd earn more and be less conspicuous botting mags or unsealers, than constantly remaking games 24/7 on auld 2 with 4 accounts for less coins than vr1. The latter would also get you shitcanned by the other 20 players on the server.

It's great your reigning in the Ubers but not all rewards are bad, seems this could be tuned fairly easily. (Enforced minimum time limits, 3/4p only 1st place reward, no currency - those kinds of ideas)

:3

Last edited:
Without knowing the specifics, it's hard to make a recommendation. If there is at least a hard timer of ten minutes, I don't see an issue with regards to multiclienting. Mainly because it would be more of a hassle to abuse it than to actually do the quests.

And if someone was constantly "winning" an unrealistic amount of battles each day I'm sure that would be pretty obvious to the mods that they were dual clienting. Bmode can v easily go either way.

Last edited:
There's currently what, 3? 4 whole people with W:1 or more on the server.

Unknown players floating around with 50+ would kinda stick out... It might become an active moderation issue, but how much effort do you think people would actually go through to hide their activity for well tuned rewards? Alt accounts, vpns?

Seems like only a minor downside.

Not too long ago we had a battle mode event with rewards, all community run with our team. It worked out fairly well, outside of the expected issues like meet times, etc.

I think attempting to get people interested in bmode with this is only going to go so far though. Not that I discourage it, but I wouldn't expect much out of it. People who play this game, for the most part, are people who have played it for a long ass time. Competitive games in particular also only attract a specific kind of player, and those players already play bmode here. This would just be for them, I think.

Regardless, anything worth trying is worth doing, so I say go for it. I suppose the only limit is actually being able to implement it, but even if you can't Qedit or automatically prize people, you can still make it work some other way, I'm sure. Just depends on how much you actually want to do it.

There is no way to do a reward for singular battles. Period. You don't think people would approach this with an exploitative mindset? That's what hunting and playing efficiently IS. However, on hunts, the AI fights against you, so you still have to play well.

For a concrete example, the highest level PSO Ep. 3 player of all time was a FOmar named Jack Bauer. Now, I know Ep. 3 card battles are different than BB's Battle Mode, but Jack Bauer purchased 2 GameCubes, 2 copies of the game, went to an obscure block, and beat himself over and over until he reached CLv. 999.

Regarding people being "obvious" about it. It would be too easy for someone to say, "Oh, I'll just have to purposefully lose once in awhile so my win ratio doesn't become too unrealistic." The rewards would always have to be tourney-based and monitored.

There can be NO system-generated rewards for a mode in which there's the potential for no actual adversary.

Wouldn't change anything, nobody would start playing it unless it was worth their time. And like said already with the whole dual clienting it'd have to be monitored tourneys or community funded in which vex+Japanese players would win, so why bother.

This game's battle mode is equivalent to those push button water games you got 30 years ago where you tried to put the rings on the pegs. Mike Tyson's punch out has more depth than this garbage. I literally made this post just to be a bitch.

I'd wager my bkb 0/0/30/40/30 for something nice in a pk battle once I hit level 200 :<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back