Xenoblade Chronicles X

I tell myself that for my entire backlog, but I always get distracted by something like PSO instead and don't play anything. =P

I was meant to play the original Xenoblade through emulation since my friends got hooked on XCX and I wanted to understand the hype (and I don't have a Wii U), but still haven't gotten around to that!

I tell myself that for my entire backlog, but I always get distracted by something like PSO instead and don't play anything. =P

I was meant to play the original Xenoblade through emulation...

Lmao come on Matt, you can do better than this. Don't get easily swayed by the oldie games and give yourself a chance to complete the backlog! You can do dees! I HIGHLY recommend playing Xenoblade Chronicles thrue emulation. In fact if your computer is strong enough, you may as well apply HD Texture Packs to the game and you can thank me later. :cool:

Trying to play through this myself, I'm only on Chapter 3, trying to take on too many side quests at once, all the while exploring as much as I can, and I still don't really understand the combat system that much resulting in lots of bullshit deaths. It's a little overwhelming but it'll probably get better as I go along though. When do I get my first Skell? I have a feeling that will make exploration a lot easier.

The game does a very poor job at explaining half of its mechanics to you, so the fastest way to learn everything you need to know about the combat system would be to talk to someone who's already familiar with it and/or go through the online manual.

You get your Skell through a sidequest that unlocks after Chapter 6. It does make exploration easier, but keep in mind that the first one you get can't fly. I'd recommend you start building up a solid FrontierNav revenue as soon as you can, because some of the Skells are pretty pricey.

So like it's been a while since I or anyone else has posted in this wonderful thread. It has come to my discovery of my version of Heaven in Xenoblade Chronicles X. It is the Majestic Lands of Cauldros ♥

Here it is in picture:
latest

Here it is in music:

Xenoblade Chronicles X is my one true love for the Wii U era. It shall be the one game I will continuously return to in the future even though I have already beaten it by then--- in which by all means thus far I have not. I have about 180 hours in and I'm still not done. Though just to add some comic relief to that, I have fallen asleep with the game on like from natural sleepiness late at night which I unintentionally added unnecessary hours in and sometimes just to gather up enough Miranium and Funds, I would leave the game running as I take care of my daily chores and during my workout routines. So to be safe though, I would halve that 180 hours and say that I have 90 hours of actual gameplay in, or roughly around that.

But yeah I love the story, character creation, the gameplay, the class systems with their arts and skills, the environments/atmospheres(in order; Cauldros, Oblivia, Primordia/Noctilum/Sylvalum), the music(except the ones with lyrics... the series was always better off with just instrumental soundtracks instead of vocal songs, for example I would have actually liked the NLA themes if it just didn't have voice in them, and at times I find myself digging the little beats in NLA night theme lol which catches me off guard when I'm playing the game late at night), the xenos/aliens(I have a big thing for games/stories featuring aliens... super sci fi advanced aliens).

This is the game that I would love to return to a eon amount of times and play each file(well technically NNID files, I understand that the game itself is huge but I still wish there was at least one more character slot instead of making a whole new NNID.. though since I'm a sucker for this game, I would say its worth it in the near future) for eons.

Finished it yesterday (with "only" 41%, 117h)

As I said since Final Fantasy XII, open world sux lol it is good to make a world bigger and bigger but why ? What do you plan to do in term of gamedesign with such a world ? Also, an open world break the storyline, look at Skyrim or even TW3, nothing deep as a Xenogears or a FFVII.

Not english, so it would be hard to say something deep (or at least, complet) but I'm enjoying more FFX-2 remake than XCX... Sorry to say. A solid 7/10 for me, for that gigantic and beautiful world I really enjoyed to explore for over 100h (open world really well designed, better then The Witcher imo), but story, sidequest, charadesign (PSO charadesign is better imo which means a lot) music (those with lyrics...) sux or really bad to me.

BUT; I can deal with people who think that is a masterpiece, because unlike FFXII (got friends who think ff12 is best jrpg..:/) I understand what you can feel playing a such game.

Not my taste, that's all.

@Aelphasy I think the character designs are fine, however the armor designs need to look more appropriate. Some are a bit uncovered than others and it's weird to look at, so in that part I agree with you. I haven't beaten the game yet, but the story seems fluid for the most part, some of it seems a bit rushed yeah. I do have to say that I do miss the whole "religion" in the series, like how in the first and original Xenoblade Chronicles there was religious themes to it which just made the story a whole lot juicier. Even though I have not beaten the game yet, I'm really not sensing that at all... though in some parts of the Chapter sequences it hinted its potentiality(with how Luxaar says "Great One" in like Chapter 9, which is the part I beat this morning). The music in the game is wonderful, except for the lyric ones. In the previous Xenoblade there were no lyrics, it was all instrumental bliss for the ears. I guess the only lyric song that I do like is the part where you select the squads to choose from/after hitting the Continue button... but only the first half of it, I sort of feel like its Elma that's singing to us lol, I don't know why. My most favorite soundtrack in Xenoblade Chronicles X as far as the environment goes is Cauldros. I do like the BLADE Barracks too because that's my groove right there lmao. All the battle music would be a whole lot better if it wasn't for the lyrics... annnd also the flight mode in the Skells, I wish there was a "radio" option in there. Like let's say if you want to not hear the flight soundtrack and just hear the environment instead, that would be so awesome. That and also say if you're in Primordia or Oblivia and you want to hear Cauldros while in flight mode, there should be that option too. Of course these are just little fun knick knack features that would be nice for the next game Monolith Soft makes. The last thing that I absolutely hate for sure in this game is that the online system could be a whole lot better, what it essentially does is it makes you jump thrue hoops and do vigorous activities just to play with your friend... I tried playing with my VIP Friend and we could barely connect with each other. I wish I could explain more in detail but I'm not finding the right words for it. I just remember being ultra pissed and let down from it because I so badly wanted to play with my friend there but eh anyways... So yeah, even though this is my masterpiece game for the Wii U, I do have those constructive criticism/feedback for it. Another reason why it's my masterpiece game for the Wii U is that it is the most fleshed out game for a rather deserted console(since it lacks good games to play on it)... though even if the Wii U had a lot more variety of games to play, I'm sure Xenoblade Chronicles X would still win my heart thus it being my one true love.

About story and final climax its... What the fuck ? Yeah, what the fuck. Most weirdo twist and "revelations" ive ever seen in a story whatever the support (book/movie or videogames)

One point I can't be agree with you its charadesign... Worst I've seen... (but I'm playing FFX-2 like I said and Duscae atm, which are... a bit better in terme of characters I guess ?) ;)

About OST, I think its weird for a JRPG, hip-hop... But just my opinion. Cauldros is pretty cool, I also love Noctilum tracks.

ps : sorry for that terrible english.

Back