Xenoblade Chronicles X

Matt said:
I agree that SO3 was the best SO, and SO4 was a bit of a disappointment (not too bad, but not that great). I never did unlock FAM sadly, although I really wanted to. Maybe I should play again and get that.

I want to play SO4 (never played much of it to be honest) and SO5, but I only have a PC at the moment so I'm kind of SOL. Wish they'd release everything on PC these days, heh.

SO4 is worth playing all the way through if you like the series, but if you're worried about how it stacks up to the older ones, I'd say it's the worst of the four. Combat system is really the only reason I'd ever play it again.

Plus, SO4's "Edge Maverick" (shitty name) looks like a reskinned Fayt Leingod anyhow.

SO4 was great in that it made me believe Japan just consults deviantart OC's for character names.

lol, Kamui... Yeah, I'll have mine today too. Wooooooooooo!!=p

I am not sure I'm going to get the game today.

UPS says "Scheduled Delivery: Friday, 12/04/2015, By End of Day", but uh, it's still on the Arrival Scan in South San Francisco since 12am... So, I think UPS fucked me. :/

Actually, you know what, if it doesn't arrive today, I'm just going to go to Best Buy, buy it, and refuse the shipment from Amazon when it *does* arrive.. getting a refund.

OK! Just picked up the game from Best Buy... Now to play it... Well, after I quickly rebuild my NAS... Right now it's running on a Pentium G3258 and 4TB RAID1. I now have a spare i5 and had a spare 180GB SSD in my closet I forgot about... Going to redo it with the i5, OS on the SSD, but still data on the RAID1... So... another 2-3 hour delay until I can get around to playing Xenoblade Chronicles X... BUT IT'S GOING TO GET PLAYED TODAY.

Attachments

• xbc_box.jpg
    xbc_box.jpg
    269.4 KB · Views: 215
Tried some online play with a friend that got this game and this is what I can say about it:

I am highly upset with the online play... I wish we could help each other out with real time assistance for strangers and our friends. Just like how in Dark Souls, you have the summon sign. Thing is in Dark Souls, you helped people with their main story line which is amazing. In this one you cant. Also I wish there was free roam and not have to just do a set quest... me and my friend were very dissappointed in this. :/

Other than this, I still like the game and know that it has a lot to offer. That is my only complaint about the game. I dont understand why the online has to be so restrictive in a massive world like this. In PSO for example, you can either embark on a quest or you can do a free play from like Forest to Ruins or Temple to Seabed. I wish this game was like that where if you dont want to do a quest, you can free roam with your friend in a open world just killing things that way... am I the only one feeling this way? :(

I can understand why it's like that... The world is massive... Having to sync the entire world flags, quest progress and so on for the entire world in multiplayer would probably too RAM and CPU intensive to actually be viable. Therefore, they put you in an instance chunk with a quest you have to do (sort of like Monster Hunter or Ragnarok Online Odyssey Ace) instead.

PSO is able to do the full free roam because, well, let's face it... PSO isn't a very big game at all. Keeping the state of the game in memory is fairly easy.

I can sort of see the reasoning behind your understanding of it... :( I just... just... don't know. I was expecting a lot more from Online play. It just really hurts I guess. I still feel Monolith Soft can do better and possibly patch it up to make it work the way I described it to be. Siiiiiiiiiiigh.

Galaxy Knight confirmed god tier.

Also you can blame the lack of extensive multiplayer on Nintendo's lack of extensive netcode knowledge.

You know, I've been so busy, I haven't even played this game past the first day I opened it... I'm a little ashamed. However, I will make up for that this Christmas holiday. Getting off work early tomorrow and have a 4 day weekend. Gotta play this and, well, a bunch of stuff. I know CyanRyan was getting on me about finishing Undertale...

I have a bunch of AAA titles I haven't even opened yet that I need to play too like... The Last Of Us, Destiny, and God knows what's on my Steam library. It's really hard to focus on one game when you have so much to play...

But, Xenoblade Chronicles X will have my priority this weekend.

You know, I've been so busy, I haven't even played this game past the first day I opened it... I'm a little ashamed. However, I will make up for that this Christmas holiday. Getting off work early tomorrow and have a 4 day weekend. Gotta play this and, well, a bunch of stuff. I know CyanRyan was getting on me about finishing Undertale...

I have a bunch of AAA titles I haven't even opened yet that I need to play too like... The Last Of Us, Destiny, and God knows what's on my Steam library. It's really hard to focus on one game when you have so much to play...

But, Xenoblade Chronicles X will have my priority this weekend.

Yeah I hear you on that! Surprisingly enough, I am actually taking a sharp break as of a week and half ago. I'm still raging at the poorly structured Online system they put in this game. Literally feels like hoop jumping and just terribadly sloppy. As soon as I cool down from this, perhaps I will reunite with the game. Til then I'm going to just keep on replaying Xenoblade Chronicles.

How will you manage that backlog, Sodaboy? :p

Back