Xbox One controller support

middle_pickup

How do I get my xbox one controller working with Ephinea? I talked to some guys in-game who said they were using theirs, but mine doesn't seem to work over USB. I've used it in plenty other games this way.

Did you use a cord? Or the usb wireless thing? i couldn't get mine to work.
Mew will often tell excited new players who have the WIRED usb pads laying around wanting to use them immediately...."Before you go SHOVING it into a hole like its your GF/BF and expect it to Like it right away....you need to close out PSO completely for the pad to handshake first!". Wired pads are plug and play. Most operating systems like WIN 10 will aanounce something like "A new device has been detected, want me to use it?". Bluetooth devices require a little moar attention to handshake for PSO don't they? =3

I really, really wouldn't recommend an XBOX One controller for this game. For me the game will randomly spaz out and my character won't turn properly with an XB1 controller. XB360 wired controller works fine though.

I really, really wouldn't recommend an XBOX One controller for this game. For me the game will randomly spaz out and my character won't turn properly with an XB1 controller. XB360 wired controller works fine though.
I have been playing with my Xbox one controller for about a week. I haven't experienced any of these issues.

This is the second result on google that showed when searching, "ephinea on xbox controller". Here is the quickest way to get situated: Download Anitmicro, get your computer to read your xbox controller, open antimicro while the controller is on, open ephinea and hear the ding. Default for me is right trigger to change your abilities, click right stick to open menu.

Is there away to change controller bind i guess you can say. My x and B are inverted and not sure how to change it. along with that R3 being inventory instead of start.

Is there away to change controller bind i guess you can say. My x and B are inverted and not sure how to change it. along with that R3 being inventory instead of start.
You can mess around with the button config in game I believe under Options/Pad Button Config/Custom if you don't have a way to do it externally for the game.

You can mess around with the button config in game I believe under Options/Pad Button Config/Custom if you don't have a way to do it externally for the game.
Everyone here has bits of the whole puzzle, but I'll make it as clear as daylight:
First, as stated, plug your xbox one/360 controller into your pc, wait for antimicro and your pc to detect it.

Start the game and when you get to the lobby go into options and pad controls, then make sure everything is set up, make sure the Start button is open/close menu (right stick click will always be open menu/select and this cannot be remapped afaik, just don't use it unless spammed in conjunction with A/Enter to fast forward through NPC dialogue)

Exit the game and there should be a setting within windows 10 or whatever you're using to disable your controller's 'xbox' button from opening the "xbox game bar", but I don't remember the exact settings location to do this, just google it.

Now, @Gary said his default was right trigger for change abilities, and I don't know how he does that because by default pso makes right button (R1) as that function and you can't change it, even if you map something else over it on antimicro. For me, I change all the unrecognized buttons in pso to spells or other things, and here's the best way:

Also download from these forums a program called Palette Manager under Tofuman's Tools.
It gives you a secondary 1-0 action bar by shifting to it every time you hold R1 to shift your action palette controls. Combine the use of this program with Antimicro and you've got a very well oiled machine because you can make every button on your controller do 2 things depending on whether your holding down R1/ctrl.

Now, what I've been using forever is a layout like this:

'xbox' button: resta/anti *
Back button: shifta/deband *
RT: rabarta/gifoie *
LT: zulure/jellen *
LB: straighten camera *
Dpad left: /bank
Dpad down: megid *
Dpad up: grants *
Dpad right: Trimate/'A'/'D' *
RS up: up arrow
RS down: down arrow (these for faster menu skimming)
RS left: sol atomizer
RS right: trifluid
LS click moon atomizer/telepipe
(Go into the button controls on antimicro and turn on the Auto function on the buttons I've marked with a *)

Lastly, listen to me on this now and save yourself and everyone else some headaches later - DO NOT assign anything at all to your secondary action palette, just leave it dedicated to photon blasts only. This will prevent you from ever accidentally launching it like people are constantly doing. Just anything you would need in there can be assigned to other controller buttons now anyway.

(Oh and when your PB meter fills up, it will disable the use of your secondary action bar so to use the other spell for each button just select it in your quick spell menu (RB+Y+RB) then move those spells to the top/bottom permanently by toggling their location with X button, especially Jellen and Deband.

Good luck and have fun, I hoped this helped clear things up and save some time.
Cheers and viva Ephinea!
@Harborer of Hope
@zjdrummond

Last edited:
Back