wrath of forest and path to salvation are bad quests

Status
Not open for further replies.
And the point about megid traps before...Anti-dark rings are made available now via Tyrell's Ego, so go work for it instead of complaining about how Megid traps are stupid

Also, every single one of the megid traps are avoidable, dodge-able and able to be shot before they hit you on every single class; RA, HU and FO. You just simply need to learn the spots.

PTS and WOF getting nerfed or removed huh? I never did like those quest that much anyway, I do play them to get items though (but that's just abuse anyway). Some people claim killing those monsters are a challenge but even with 3 people PTS is still pretty easy to get through.

Just so you'd know though the more angry you get about this the more it justifies its removal.

@Vex:

Wait, so you're asserting that I'm ignoring all of your points because I didn't specifically address the solution you provided for walling off the "secret room" of PTS?

That's not a solution at all!

The quest is still highly broken. It still ends with Falz, so people are going to be just as motivated to finish it, so shuffling around the highly broken pieces here solves nothing.

@fishhao: I've played PTS several times. This isn't just a matter of "not liking how someone else is playing the game." This is a matter of having at least SOME controls and restrictions on access to enemies to keep the game's economy dynamic and to avoid "immediate gratification burnout."

If you don't think PTS is broken, then what is? Is "what is broken" also just a matter of opinion? Why don't we just go all out and make every enemy worth 10,000 experience? Then we can hit Level 200 in just a couple of runs. Let's make the drops 10x, as well! Hell, let's just give everyone a max-stat Level 200 character of every class with the all of the top tier weapons with 100% hit and 100% N/D or A/M. Why work for anything?

We all know that humans generally find the path of least resistance. That's why having a robust set of quests that focus on different hunts is a GOOD thing. If the best hunt for every single enemy is in ONE QUEST ONLY, that's all everyone is going to play, and to defend that by saying, "That's just how I want to play," is short-sighted, and will ultimately ruin the game for everyone.

Just play Sandbox mode if you want a game without any balance or economy. Because that's what PTS and WoF are basically leading to.

I think we would all agree that we're not trying to become Ultima here. The gameplay there is ridiculous for anyone who wants to enjoy a semi-vanilla experience. There's a reason this server exists and is unique.

@Vex:

Wait, so you're asserting that I'm ignoring all of your points because I didn't specifically address the solution you provided for walling off the "secret room" of PTS?

That's not a solution at all!

The quest is still highly broken. It still ends with Falz, so people are going to be just as motivated to finish it, so shuffling around the highly broken pieces here solves nothing.

Limiting it to 2-3 times every 24 hours is a very reasonable solution.

That's why having a robust set of quests that focus on different hunts is a GOOD thing. If the best hunt for every single enemy is in ONE QUEST ONLY, that's all everyone is going to play, and to defend that by saying, "That's just how I want to play," is short-sighted, and will ultimately ruin the game for everyone.

Alright, I don't play this game for drops but I did look up the possible loot from Ruins. What are you going to hunt from this once the Easter Egg event is over? Spread Needle and DoB? These are not game breakers. FoM is still be the best way for Guld (which is an extremely hard drop that gets reduced to 1/52,XXX in PTS with PSO2 system anyway) especially if it's just soloing. PWand you're still better off doing Girth's LHB or MA4C than the impossible 1/300,000 in ruins.

There were so few people playing PTS before Easter event (maybe me, vex, Zen, few of the JP peeps) and nobody was complaining then. If people complained when the quests were released, maybe I'd understand (like when me and a few JP peeps found out you could get a hit Master Raven from boxes in mine simulator, which caused the 24 hour rollback oops), but it's been like a month or 2 since PTS was released. And the complaints are coming now that other people are learning and profiting from it. To me, that sounds like entitlement...

"I don't like how that person is playing the game, they're not playing how I want to play"

I'm sorry but everyone just enjoys different ways of playing. And the point about megid traps before...Anti-dark rings are made available now via Tyrell's Ego, so go work for it instead of complaining about how Megid traps are stupid.

If you want to be gatekeepers of so called standards in a 15 year old game, maybe you should be the first ones to jump on the new quests and try them out.

This is pretty much it right here.

Excelsior!

(I did miss the part about limiting the number of runs per day, so I am sorry about that. I'm at work so sometimes I get interrupted by work stuff and stop reading and lose my spot.)

@vex, to be fair, I was running tyrells ego for most of that 12 hours for Pluto's HP hunt. Switched wof when LKA came on. But either way, I'll still play the quest with the best event drops. That doesn't make it a good quest or a balanced quest.

My quests have a lot of enemies in them. They're also long and use every room. LHB is still hovering towards the border of "too much" but again...its long as shit and obviously not meant to be easy.

Anyways everyone's gonna have their own opinion of my quests/your quest/everywhere a quest quest but at the end of the day it doesn't take a genius to realize multiple spawns of 15+ enemies in 1 room is just...why even play at that point? The whole essence of pso comes from the balance between item rarity vs the satisfaction of hunting it within meaningful means. I'll be the first to agree that 16 years later we deserve higher enemy counts but event or not, PTS and WoF to a point is just...laughable.

Last edited:
I just wanted to show some of my smart ass cred:
Every Maximum Attack quest should have been treated like an event quest alongside these crazy bootleg quests (I immidiately had second thoughts when seeing DarkLink and Ultima, but - just decided to be quiet, similar to how I stopped complaining about Resting by the Beach.) Ultimately people seemed fine with them though, so the fact it took such a bit to come to this is odd.

...oh, shit. Time to hit the ol' dusty trail...

I can understand both sides of the argument, and don't really have much to say about it than what's already been said. I enjoyed the spammy quests and the competitive nature of it, as well as the egg drop rate of course, however I can see the argument that it's not true vanilla PSO. This server strikes a balance between vanilla and new so I'm not surprised that the line has to be drawn somewhere. However, I do disagree about taking it away right in the middle of the event, I have been busy since the start of the event and it's a little unfair that when I have my time off after Sunday, I won't be on even grounds for quest options. Just my two cents!

I think many people actually thought it was "not right" but stayed silent, and now that someone brought it up they start to openly speak about it. Some of them might have ulterior motives as was suggested, but some people are just lazy or scared to speak up.

Another thing that's currently transpiring is that many trade lists are posted in the main Trade forum and not the Trade Lists forum. Only today did someone finally brought it up. Why didn't anyone speak about it when the first one appeared? I think the same three reasons, ulterior motives/lazy/scared are to blame. I can't speak for ulterior motives, but for laziness, people just want to have fun when playing PSO, how many people are willing to spend extra effort and speak up when something's wrong happens? There's also bystander effect in the works. As for "scared", there are people who are not very brave in social situations, and is reluctant to point out something is wrong, in fear of angering others.

For PTS/WoF supporters, I just want to say you should not be under the prejudice that those who are against it are all scheming bastards; for people against PTS/WoF, I'm not here to give you an alibi. Ask your heart whether you really have good intentions, or secretly have ulterior motives and are blinded by greed.

Thanks for removing this quest now it`ll be very hard for people to knock me out of the top 10 eggs found.

But they're in favor of removing the quest because it gives too many items, that's kind of the opposite of greed. You might want to reevaluate the situation.
Not necessarily; suppose you have already hunted 20 Spread Needles from PTS and now you ask it to be taken down. Also suppose you already got some egg gamble items or are on the leaderboard, and you ask it to be taken down.

Not necessarily; suppose you have already hunted 20 Spread Needles from PTS and now you ask it to be taken down. Also suppose you already got some egg gamble items or are on the leaderboard, and you ask it to be taken down.
Better to minimize the damage already done than let it continue. Of course there's going to be a huge amount of butthurt over the people losing out on a quest that basically hands them everything on a (really stupidly constructed) silver platter. Just be thankful you're not getting a server rollback with this. You could have it worse. In any case making it where the rarity and value of items aren't trivialized because of a spam quest is for the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back