Why is this game so unfair to me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

R-Matri

I am not new, I'm just not getting it, and I haven't got why this shit is so bad for me ever since the Dreamcast days. Yeah, I've played this when SEGAnet was still up, and, still today, it's STILL as unbalanced and emotionally draining as it was 15 years prior.

How the hell am I Lvl 41 yet people who are lower levels than me are able to do better attacks and have better drops? AND better items from the itemshop?

I'm still on the normal setting and I STILL can't do anything to advance the game WHAT SO EVER. WHY? WHAT AM I NOT GETTING?

I can't finish ANY god damn quest because I'm too fucking weak and I can't do anything about it, so what the fuck am I doing wrong? I feed my MAG but it does jack shit and just ruins me inside.

I keep getting these damn items that I have no idea where or how to use them whatsoever.

Somebody, for the love of God, tell me, what secret to being able to have a balanced run-through and not making me want to bash my fucking head in with a bat even further?

I'd highly recommend playing with other groups for a while and try to find people to help carry you. Quests can be tough if you're playing alone and you don't have good gear or aren't a high level.

Speaking of good gear, it's entirely possible that the people you're playing with have a maxed out mag, maxed out materials, and nice equipment that they've acquired during their time playing on another character. That could make them look much stronger than you at a lower level. Don't take it personally...you'll be at that point soon. :)

If you have questions about items or weapons, feel free to ask us. www.pso-world.com is a great reference as well.

I'd highly recommend playing with other groups for a while and try to find people to help carry you. Quests can be tough if you're playing alone and you don't have good gear or aren't a high level.

Speaking of good gear, it's entirely possible that the people you're playing with have a maxed out mag, maxed out materials, and nice equipment that they've acquired during their time playing on another character. That could make them look much stronger than you at a lower level. Don't take it personally...you'll be at that point soon. :)

If you have questions about items or weapons, feel free to ask us. www.pso-world.com is a great reference as well.

How is that even possible? You can't use items between characters in this game.

Of course you can. :) There are shared banks. Type /bank to switch back and forth between your character bank and the shared bank between your characters.

Starting out is definitely hard without external help. The trick is to play in a group. With 4 players, you'll find the pressure the enemies give you is much smaller, and your team will plow through enemy groups a lot faster. That was how we started out when server was new.

However, since most players have already went through this step, you probably can't find a group of similar levels/equipments easily. While less fun in my opinion, getting carried by helpful high level/geared players, will greatly reduce the tedium you're facing.

Not sure what else to add, we're happy to answer any questions.

How is that even possible? You can't use items between characters in this game.
There's a shared bank system you could use, so whatever item you get on character A (i.e main/high level or whatever) you could put in the shared bank for character B (alt/low level) to access and utilize.

I just started on this server a few days ago and it's probably best to have people help and carry you through TTF until you're at a fairly decent level to take on Hard, Very Hard, and (eventually) Ult. You'll meet a bunch of folks along the way and things will get underway from there.

Starting out is definitely hard without external help. The trick is to play in a group. With 4 players, you'll find the pressure the enemies give you is much smaller, and your team will plow through enemy groups a lot faster. That was how we started out when server was new.

However, since most players have already went through this step, you probably can't find a group of similar levels/equipments easily. While less fun in my opinion, getting carried by helpful high level/geared players, will greatly reduce the tedium you're facing.

Not sure what else to add, we're happy to answer any questions.

How? I don't level from other people attacking enemies, and even if I attack them first, most of the time I won't have enough time to attack them myself because they get killed off so quickly. It's all based on a system where you have to do too many fucking things at once to even manage through this shithole of a game, and I can barely do so because I'm trying to not get hit by everything surrounding me.

It's so needlessly complicated and it doesn't make ANY sense whatsoever.

How the hell am I Lvl 41 yet people who are lower levels than me are able to do better attacks and have better drops? AND better items from the itemshop?

They're probably new characters of older players which already have maxed out Mags, items and Mats. As for the drops, you're just unlucky at this point. Just play more and they'll come to you, eventually. :eek:

I feed my MAG but it does jack shit and just ruins me inside.

You can only see a noticeable difference when you're switching to a maxed out Mag. As you feed it along leveling your character, you can't notice that much of a difference (but you definitely are getting stronger).

Somebody, for the love of God, tell me, what secret to being able to have a balanced run-through and not making me want to bash my fucking head in with a bat even further?

Just play with other players, that's the only secret. When I started out on this server, I got helped at first then went up my way pretty easily.

I'll be happy to help you anytime. Just hit me up in the lobby if you see me. :D

Step 1) Get strong enough to kill the dragon

Step 2) Spam TTF and kill the dragon, then type "/lobby"

Step 3) Repeat for hours

Fastest way to get strong with minimal gear playing solo.

You need to play with other people when you are first starting out. Be sure to raise your MAG to level 200 as quickly as possible. Don't be afraid if anyone has spare gear in the lobby or your game. I, for one, will always give out gear to newbies that is just rotting in my bank.

Finally, you must pray to RNGesus every night.

How? I don't level from other people attacking enemies, and even if I attack them first, most of the time I won't have enough time to attack them myself because they get killed off so quickly. It's all based on a system where you have to do too many fucking things at once to even manage through this shithole of a game, and I can barely do so because I'm trying to not get hit by everything surrounding me.

It's so needlessly complicated and it doesn't make ANY sense whatsoever.

You are the one complicating this. If you're playing with other players, there are ways to "tag" enemies in the room before they are killed to get experience. Using traps or techniques are good ways to do it. We're trying to help you but I'm not sure you want our help or if you're just going to keep whining about the game. It can be tough to learn at first if you are new, but the game has been out for 10+ years so there are plenty of guides available to assist.

Considering that a level 41 character would easily be able to walk through normal even with just a saber, it's clear that this thread is obviously a troll post.

I wouldn't bother entertaining yourself with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back