White Day Bug

Bliz

Guildcard
I was doing the white day quest on a male character holding the chocolate I made on my female character. I finished it and got the present, and transferred it back over to my female character. I talked to the principal but he didn't do anything, so I tried using the present and was immediately disconnected. When I logged back on I had no present, chocolate, bouquet or heart key.

It did the same for me. I redid the quest with another chocolate but this time it wont allow me to talk to principal to make the present.

I opened the present after talking to him as he didn't accept thinking maybe had to open 1st, this is when the disconnect happend.

Looking into this... but I can't really test it until I get home from work. I may end up putting the Valentine's Day quest up a day or two AGAIN because of the chocolate loss.

If anyone can give me the exact steps to reproduce this problem, that'd be great too.

Play male character, start white day quest, take chocolate out of bank. Explore caves for flowers, get it wrapped when you have 3. Go talk to principal, show him chocolate and then bouquet, he gives you back present. Put present in bank, switch to female character, start white day quest, take present out of bank, talk to principal. Show him present, he makes some comment and nothing else happens. Open present, immediate disconnect.

I dunno if that is exact enough but that is what I did.

Where do I get it wrapped at? Is there an NPC in the caves? (Sorry, I've never done the quest. :p Just put it up. Haha.) I imagine there is some use item condition we don't have compiled into the ship.

The present is supposed to turn into something after you open it?

For the white day quest, when you start it you talk to an npc in town that looks like the storage lady, she tells you to go get flowers, you go down to the caves and find lights on the ground that are the flowers. Find 3 of them and then return to town and talk to that same lady and she offers to wrap it into a bouquet.

I don't know exactly how the quest is supposed to resolve because I've never done it before. I presume that you open the present to receive the bouquet and show the bouquet to the principal who exchanges it for a magic rock heart key, but I do not know for sure.

At first I thought it was just me who had this issue, but I did procedure the same way Bliz did.

Blue Burst doesn't give out a Heart Key for the quest... I remember hearing this from NDW and confirmed looking in the quest script. Anyway, will play with it when I get home in about 3 hours.

i had no issues getting 2 rambling mays today, got both no issues. are you making sure to be in vhard when you talk to principle with female with a present aka marked bouquet? I had done the chocolate part yesterday and then using 2 males in normal i traded in the chocolate then the bouquet i got 2 marked bouquets after both and then using 2 females in vhard talked to principle with the presents that are the marked bouquets and even though quest says the incorrect magic rock "moola" you actually get a rambling may.

Did in nornal and it didn't work. Is it one per character? As It wont allow me to re-make a present after crashing and redoing quest

Ah, yeah, looking at the script, if you're on Normal or you've talked to him before, it does the "Seems I got it wrong." dialog.

I wonder why it was programmed like that?

On hard also, it wont let me make the bouquet & Choco into a present. I assume its due to the fact I already got a present. (Which I lost in the disconnect error)

Yes, it sets the flag whether Normal or not. Normal will gimp you, though.

Ah, yeah, looking at the script, if you're on Normal or you've talked to him before, it does the "Seems I got it wrong." dialog.

I wonder why it was programmed like that?

Yeah, that's what I dealt with when I tried the White Day quest on very hard with a female char. I'm going to assume I made a mishap somewhere.

So, to summarize, you can only get one Rambling May per character. However, you only get the Rambling May on Hard or higher.

If you talk to the Principal in Normal mode, he flips you off and sets the flag that you got the Rambling May anyway, preventing you from getting the item again. Though, you should be able to open the Present and a Flower Bouquet still be inside (I think?), but that is also broken.

I've removed the difficulty requirement for Hard or higher from the quest now and you should be able to exchange the Present for a Rambling May, even on Normal. At least, for future characters.

For the people whose characters got affected by trying to exchange on Normal and got the finger from the Principal, your characters are still affected because there is actual data saved on their character that says they've already got a Rambling May.

I can probably clear this flag for you later through my development ship, but that will have to wait until I get home.

Ill try it on my HUmar in a bit. Hopefully you cn clear that also :)

Back