White Day Bug

S'all gooooood :)

well, still shouldn't open the present...game dced me and ate it.

guess i'll do it again tomorrow with different characters

The present would have unwrapped to a Flower Bouquet (not the weapon, but the green box). I fixed the bug on Auldrant and Lumireis but haven't had a chance to restart Fodra for the bug. The ship doesn't currently unwrap "Tools" correctly.

So what should I do at this point? Do I need to re-do both quests on new characters on Auldrant/Lumireis?

The fact you lost a flower bouquet from the unwrapping was a problem with the ship's code, but getting another flower bouquet is easy. The fact that you cannot get a Rambling May on those characters again is on SEGA (they're the ones who created the quest) for flagging your character as having completed the quest, just because you had dialog with the Principal under certain conditions while in the Normal difficulty.

You should be able to get another Flower Bouquet again, but those characters won't be able to get a Rambling May unless their flags are cleared. I could do that, like I said, on my development ship... but would have to be when I'm at home, have time, and you're around. Don't know when all of those conditions will align. I'm at work now, don't have time, though you're around. Won't be home for another 5 hours yet.

Looks like the Principal thing was a known bug, though: http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?158159-The-White-Day-Principle-s-Gift-Quest-s

Reactions: CTB
So what should I do at this point? Do I need to re-do both quests on new characters on Auldrant/Lumireis?

i just redid whiteday in hard with my HUmar and got a chocolate from my bank (as i have several from val) and Then went to principal in vh. If you lost your chocolate i hae plenty.

Same goes for anyone in HC, I have lots of chocolate if you lost/forgot.

I got some chocolate from Spuz and made another bouquet, turned them in and got the present, transferred it over to a new female character and did the quest on Very Hard. Tyrell still says "Seems I got it wrong" when I try to turn in the present.

Last edited:
Sorry, don't know what to say. All I can see in the script is that it checks the difficulty and if you've got the flag set on the character. Maybe you can convince someone to do it for you and give you the item if you're having trouble completing it.

It ok. I made another for Blliz there. Not sure what the error was. But at least its all good :)

You're a good kid, Spuz!
tried to work out issue. Didn't work her char, so tried my FOmarl. Which didn't work due to already having. I made another using mew male / female and then made a new female for Bliz to use present.

Perhaps the chocolate only works on the account it came from? Random guess at the issue haha.

I got plenty of choc for HC players if anyone needs RM.

Last edited:
Perhaps the chocolate only works on the account it came from? Random guess at the issue haha.
No idea, I didn't look at the script under a magnifying glass. :p I'll probably take another look at what SEGA did this weekend, though.

It checks to see who made the chocolate when you make your marked bouquet. You can only get your Rambling May if the Present you make was made with the Valentine's Day chocolates that you yourself made. So extra chocolates are useless unless they are to replace lost ones from the same character.

Oddly enough, they do not treat the Flower Bouquets made from the White Day quest the same way... they can come from anywhere. But then, whoever accused Sega of being consistent. >.>

Well, that explains my issue then, I did delete the character I made the chocolate on so yeah.

gg sega wp :rolleyes:

It checks to see who made the chocolate when you make your marked bouquet. You can only get your Rambling May if the Present you make was made with the Valentine's Day chocolates that you yourself made. So extra chocolates are useless unless they are to replace lost ones from the same character.

Oddly enough, they do not treat the Flower Bouquets made from the White Day quest the same way... they can come from anywhere. But then, whoever accused Sega of being consistent. >.>
So is it that, you have to make a chocolate, pass it to someone to make marked bouquet, passed it back to you, then you'll get Rambling May; passed it back to anyone else, then no Rambling May?

So is it that, you have to make a chocolate, pass it to someone to make marked bouquet, passed it back to you, then you'll get Rambling May; passed it back to anyone else, then no Rambling May?
That is exactly correct. I've tested this a gazillion times.
Also, the male is flagged for the Present part, and cannot be part of making another Marked Bouquet.

As in same account, not just the original female. I used two new characters.

Only if she hasn't been flagged as being part of a chocolate turn-in to the principal.

I swear I'm not making this up, lol.

Edit: This is being overcomplicated... I've made like, a dozen Rambling Mays and failed to make a few others but in the process have figured it out.

The key is the turn-in to the principal to make a Marked Bouquet (Present). Once you do that, both characters are flagged and cannot finish another present with anyone else ever again.

So yes, you coooould use someone else's chocolate as long as that female hasn't been used to make a Present. Which means if you want to mass-produce usable chocolate you would have to make a new character for each one.

Last edited:
Ofc a new character has not been flagged as they haven't spoke to the principal yet. They were just created; solely for the purpose of making Rambling may.

Okay, after reading all that I think I got it figured out I just need a chocolate lol. :oops:

Back