What's your favorite weapon that isn't best in slot?

thegmk

Thegmk#5690
Guildcard
I want to know your guilty pleasure weapon that isn't something required for you to play optimally.

I'm talking aesthetic favorites, nostalgia favorites, interesting utility but not the best option, etc.

I'll start.

I. Love. Orotiagito.
I love that it gets benefits from Samurai Armor and PoSS (+50 ATA TOTAL!!).
I love that Samurai Armor with Genpei gets 20 Resistance in every slot when paired.
I love that Orotiagito gets a piercing beam that hits multiple targets and risks losing health, forcing you to play more cautiously and line up enemies.
I love that it can't get Hit%, allowing it to stay a fixed price with the economy.
I love that it's a katana and forces you to see animations you would almost never see in a Best In Slot (BIS) user.

I want to Sphere one so bad but my brain keeps saying "buddy, you need to Sphere GOOD gear first" and that makes me sad.

I wish I could find an Uber drop that would auction for a few PHs so I could embark on my Orotiagito sphering journey.

Anyway, /rant, what are your favorite weapons?

Demolition Comet.
Coolest looking weapon in the game imo. Double saber that retracts to a handle when not in use, and has crazy crystal spikes that come out when you use it? So cool.
Devils special holds it back some, but it's still usable at least but far from BiS.

As simple as it is, I adore the Hildebear's Cane.

It's literally a freaking decapitated head on a pike and you push down its throat to emit fireballs. Metal asf.
Also somewhat nostalgic, as I definitely used it a lot back in the day.

Mewplushie's signature weapons are her Rappy Fan (Will someday learn to draw her wearing nothing but a fanged grin and holding her fan~!)....aaand of course "Mew mew's Pew Pew" Tension Blaster!!~ <3

My personal favourite(s) have to be SJS, Soul Eater and Yasminkov 7k, SJS looks so much cooler than TJS and one day when I get a high hit one, using it to hell enemies will be great fun, tis the dream. Also, Shotguns and Scythes are just badass.

Also even though you said weapon I wanted to mention Striker Plus, it's always been something I loved the looks of that I wish was more useful.

Last edited:
SGH

-awesome model
-unique attacking noise
-huge gabarta boost
-can use grants special for casual & stylish cc/interrupts
You know it's an obscure PSO item when someone with 20 years PSO background says, out loud, "SGH??......Oooooooooh Siren Glass Hammer."
But you are right, what a cool weapon.

Commander Blade, Flamberge, Daisy Chain, Asteron Belt, Soul Banish, Madam's Parasol, Double Cannon, Yasminkov 7000V/9000M, Phonon Maser

literally just because they all look cool as shit. that's it. that's the only reason

Commander Blade, Flamberge, Daisy Chain, Asteron Belt, Soul Banish, Madam's Parasol, Double Cannon, Yasminkov 7000V/9000M, Phonon Maser

literally just because they all look cool as shit. that's it. that's the only reason
Asteron Belt is SUCH a cool looking weapon.

Here are my three favourites which I'm not using:

Rainbow Baton - it's so beautiful. Heart of Rainbow Baton for DoB, please!

Angel Harp - kinda the same story, but replace "DoB" with "Bringer's Rifle".

And then there's Prophets of Motav, which also looks great.

Among Mags, Soniti is my favourite "not best" Mag. It's still very good, though.

Yas9k is one of them for sure.

Heart of Poumn, looks so cool and its description has multiple references from the first phantasy star game, which I can appreciate.

Dancing Hitogata, such a cool concept but in practice just sucks lol.

Evil Curst
Heart of Poumn
Dancing Hitogata
Chameleon Scythe

This game has too many cool looking items that are not very useful... :<

Back