What's your favorite weapon that isn't best in slot?

Drill Launcher
Wok of Akiko's Shop
Chameleon Scythe

Would be very cool if we could get a chance at getting these novelty weapons with hit, I can understand if Drill Launcher wouldn't though. Also I've always had a soft spot for Iron Faust, such a dope wep when it can combo (Still glad this place has no combo unlocks).

I always liked the Rianov 5. I have a thing for piercing weapons, and I find the RIanov 5 to be the best of them due to its power, range, and fast projectiles. I only wish it comboed.

If something is "meta", it means it is the best option available.

The thread is asking for something that is your favourite that is not "best in slot" or "meta" (in other words, not the best), but Twin Blaze is a staple weapon that all androids should be using for trap detonation, so it does not quite answer the question.

For my answer: Basically most claws, I think claws are such a cool weapon but they're all so bad for actual combat.

If something is "meta", it means it is the best option available.

The thread is asking for something that is your favourite that is not "best in slot" or "meta" (in other words, not the best), but Twin Blaze is a staple weapon that all androids should be using for trap detonation, so it does not quite answer the question.

For my answer: Basically most claws, I think claws are such a cool weapon but they're all so bad for actual combat.
alright , thank you Matt. It sounds clearer now.
i didn't realize Twin Blaze was used by many other players for trap detonation.
but you are right , it's very useful , especially when you play solo.

Let's say Chainsawd then , for its look and sound!

I love a lot of these useless weapons lol. I would say Double Saber, Yasminkov 2000H, the regular Rod, Bravace, Yasminkov 9000M, Elysion. Probably others I can't think of at the moment.

I feel like this thread was practically made for me! One of my most precious memories was going online in PSO for the first time on Gamecube and being amazed at all the cool weapons I'd never seen before. I could list over a dozen and write a big paragraph for each but I'll try to condense it down to a couple that stood out to me.

The Chainsawd for one, aside from its awesome design is has a great sound effect.
The Ruby Bullet, a simple but cool design, the big projectile and that sharp sound effect.

And one of the most charmingly useless weapons in the whole game: The Windmill. It has so much soul, with its gimmick of spinning faster the more you attack, and at full speed it throws a projectile. Would have been a fun melee option for Forces if it didn't suck so much. If only the spin speed affected attack speed or damage, too.

I love a lot of these useless weapons lol. I would say Double Saber, Yasminkov 2000H, the regular Rod, Bravace, Yasminkov 9000M, Elysion. Probably others I can't think of at the moment.
Side note, holy crap Kevdo, there is a user I haven't played a PSO game with since like 2015.... Glad to see you're still kickin!

I want to Sphere one so bad but my brain keeps saying "buddy, you need to Sphere GOOD gear first" and that makes me sad.

My honest advice, Sphere it!
I’m mid way through sphering my Master Raven set, and I don’t regret it one bit.

I love it. It’s quick. It allows for mobility. It’s not a meta play style, but it’s just fun.

I found myself getting really bored trying to play the meta.
But once I set my mind to investing into it, I got so excited about PSO again.

So, if you want to sphere your passion; go for it!

G-Assassin's Sabers. How has nobody mentioned these yet? Hands down the coolest weapon animation in the game, flipping from dagger to twin swords and back. These are the weapons that converted me into a twin swords user.

Yes, I am still heart-broken that there are no C-Assassin's Sabers.

Love the ancient saber. I love how its aesthetic is not really consistent with anything else in PSO, and it feels more like an homage to the earlier PS games.

G-Assassin's Sabers. How has nobody mentioned these yet? Hands down the coolest weapon animation in the game, flipping from dagger to twin swords and back. These are the weapons that converted me into a twin swords user.

Yes, I am still heart-broken that there are no C-Assassin's Sabers.
I would've listed that one if I wasn't holding back my love for so many weapons, that one is certainly my favorite twin swords. If I remember, they unfold when your character puts up their defensive stance, and they're equippable on FOs!

I love love LOVE my DS/Rod and Pan Arms' arms. Niche weps that fufill a niche purpose and arent necessarily bad.
Honorable mentions gotta be Chameleon Scythe, Bravace, Sorcerer's Cane and the before mentioned G-Assassin's Arms, mainly for the way they look though.

Back