What's the story behind your name?

Mutilatedpuppet has been the username I've been using since around 2006. It was the username of a somewhat well known flash animation artist and StarCraft Custom map maker who eventually changed his name to SickDeathFiend and I sorta took over his old name after he made the switch. I was kind of a goth kid in high school so I felt the name fitting at the time and have just stuck with it ever since.

Well, people called me 'googley-eye' in high school, because of an eye injury i had when i was a kid that, tore out my eye lens leaving me with an artificial eye lens which sorta resembles those googly eyes you can buy from a craft store. After a while it was just shortened to googley.

GWVp6tW.jpg

As for Roxeena, Thats a combination of my dog's names Roxy and Sheena

Well, people called me 'googley-eye' in high school, because of an eye injury i had when i was a kid that, tore out my eye lens leaving me with an artificial eye lens which sorta resembles those googly eyes you can buy from a craft store. After a while it was just shortened to googley.

GWVp6tW.jpg

As for Roxeena, Thats a combination of my dog's names Roxy and Sheena
Sheenaaaa-chaaaaan! *POUNCIES!* =3

I made the name Vinvect when I was 10 years old make an account for a game called Graal, which was basically Link to the Past online. At the time I really liked the name Vincent but I wanted to make something original so just changed some letters up to make up Vinvect. The ironic thing is people constantly misread it as Vincent anyway. Used to annoy me, now I don't care. Been using the name Vinvect for all my accounts for 17 years now that way people will know it's me. I used to be really attached to the name, but now that I'm older I just keep it for consistency more than anything.

My name is whatever you want it to be, but it's also short for my gamertag (C The Breaker)
The C is also whatever you want it to be, I don't define it so I can sign up for locals with quality names.
The Breaker is partly because I main broken characters (or so they say) and partly because I was reading the manhwa at the time.

ie
C The Breaker
Corey The Buttblasted
Could Try Better
Chicago's Truly Bad
Calling That Bullshit
Corey The Buttblasted is the only name I've ever known for you.

I made the name Vinvect when I was 10 years old make an account for a game called Graal, which was basically Link to the Past online. At the time I really liked the name Vincent but I wanted to make something original so just changed some letters up to make up Vinvect. The ironic thing is people constantly misread it as Vincent anyway. Used to annoy me, now I don't care. Been using the name Vinvect for all my accounts for 17 years now that way people will know it's me. I used to be really attached to the name, but now that I'm older I just keep it for consistency more than anything.
THOUST Name ish Vinny! <3! lol

Many moons ago sega announced version 2 for the DC. At that time i was playing with a JP player. When it was released in japan; this JP penpal and i had been trading stuff. He'd send me candy and VK magazines and i'd send him Harley davidson magazines and other random assortment of things not easily available to him. Well, one time he sent me pso ver 2 and helped me even set up the dricas account,including helping me flash my DC. I dedicated my characters to him. His real name was Daigo; and thus D was also born.

Unfortunately he lived in sendai. once the disaster occurred i lost touch with him. I don't want to believe it, but by now i'm pretty sure he got caught up in it all and is no longer here. But his memory continues to live in my VMU's and every game i play. I even still have the packaging he sent it all on.

Thank you for everything Daigo, thank you for feeding my pso obsession. You'll never be forgotten.

You know when you're a dumb teenager at the time and you want to make a user name sound "cool" so you steal the name Zero from Mega Man X and modify it into a nonsensical acronym like "Z-Type Energy Resouce #0 Deluxe" to pretend like there was a shred of originality?

Yeah that. It's just become more of a habit to stick with it on PSO related forums for consistency and also, as egocentric as it sounds, name recognition for better or for worse. You use a certain name for over 10 years and it tends to be difficult to break away from it.

Also while we're on the subject, Break is also another classy unoriginal name taken from a character in PSO Episode 3 that I pretty much carbon copied for play in PSO GC and BB since back in like 2006. It has managed to ascend into being my nickname among friends though due to one of them sharing my real name, so I'm stuck with that one for a while.

Yeah that. It's just become more of a habit to stick with it on PSO related forums for consistency and also, as egocentric as it sounds, name recognition for better or for worse. You use a certain name for over 10 years and it tends to be difficult to break away from it.
Ha! That's the same reason I haven't changed my name either, though I really want to.

Probably would only do it after making some huge mistake. Ex.: Crono114 -> fe|ix.

Oh for sure, but even then it's too easy to get found out anyway. People have certain posting tendencies and unless you manage to completely change your online personality it wouldn't take long for someone to figure it out. I've made my fair share of mistakes but they haven't driven me to the point where I'd need to change my ID. Then again, I haven't managed to completely wipe out a 13 year old server because of a hard drive failure so I guess that would change some things haha.

Powder Keg is the name of a goofy-ass wrestler on WCW vs. NWO: World Tour for the N64. A long ass time ago, a friend was on the phone with another friend and I kept saying "Tell him about Powder Keg!" he dropped his phone in a bowl of pasta. blamed me for it and called me Powder Keg ever since. I was an annoying kid and this story is also kinda stupid, but the name stuck and it's not a bad one.

I've made my fair share of mistakes but they haven't driven me to the point where I'd need to change my ID. Then again, I haven't managed to completely wipe out a 13 year old server because of a hard drive failure so I guess that would change some things haha.
price2.jpg

I kept writing Oxygen as Qygen by combining the O and x when I was in freshman year science class. It just happened to stick because I suck at making screennames and that kind of thing.

If you like hardcore, check out the link to my soundcloud in my signature. /shameless self-promotion

The short version, I needed a Skyly ID on PSO+, this fit, I liked it, I appropriated it because I also needed pseudonym so I could stop lurking/being a guest user.

The slightly more detailed version is that I was also playing Tales of Symphonia at the time, funnily enough. You get to a point where your learn about Noishe's history and true name. Some letter-swapping later, this is what came out.

PSO is essentially responsible for my entire life. \o/

For ELux85... Well I had problems with nicknames(you don't know how hard it was!!.) I thought and had names like SmartyCools and ViperV2, then I had BladeGT for 13 years, then V12GT, Then I played Pokemon Pearl. I really liked Shinx's final evolution Luxray(Named Shiina) and its offensive sweeping moves to beat Pearl easily! So since my first name is Eric and Luxray is my favorite Pokemon, birth year is in 1985 and I like luxurious things, ELux85 was formed! It was(and is!) the best name I ever had as a gamer!

Well, see, normally what I'd do is change one letter of my actual name and use that. But not only do I use that name elsewhere on a comedy forum for disgusting basement-dwellers with no sense of taste, humor, or boundaries, but it also ended up being some random Japanese, half of which ended up meaning "star" and the other half meaning "to smelt" or "refine". I don't understand moonrunes, and I wanted to hide the potential of being thought of as a complete weeb. (i only like a few things like that, and its also possible to enjoy something without being creepy, k?)

I used a particular name in a text-based, multiplayer game called HellMOO; a very violent, post-apocalyptic RPG where nuclear fallout is the least of everyone's worries, it's the conniving, back-stabbing mutants that'll kill you for reals. So in that game, I envisioned a complete monster of a human-being, a dark-haired woman with pointed fingernails, effective mutations, a powerful build, a cold stare, and highly-detailed descriptions of skull tattoos with snakes slithering from the eyesockets-level of pure evil. I was a complete asshole; if you had something I wanted, I would track you, watch you, and examine your abilities and fighting style. If you got weak, or if I'd decided I was better or stronger than you, I'd just go all-in, kill you, take your item(s), and then pee on your corpse. Then I'd pick up your corpse, drag it to your home, or if I found you, drop your peed-on corpse at your feet, and then pee on your cloned-newself. I carried plenty of drinks with me specifically for this purpose. It was like my trademark, or something. I was feared by newbies, intermediate players, and rival corporations as an extremely dangerous person. I could frequently down players tougher than me, but less through brute-force, and more through playing smart. I fought dirty, using poison, odd-damage types that were difficult to resist using normal equipment, explosives, or some of the very nasty effects some of my mutation-powers allowed me to perform to soften up, or heavily debuff them prior to engaging or during the fight. I rolled with the biggest and best corporation (that game's version of a guild), so I never really had enemies; only prey, and was incredibly hooked-up with the biggest and best gear I could feasibly use.

Her name was Nyan. This is also where I'd discovered that nyancat was a thing, but the name's true origin in my head was from a dream in which my sister had a friend named Nyan somehow. The sound a cat makes in Japan. None of my dreams ever make any sense. I decided I really liked that as name, so I used it there.

Due to the popularity of the nyancat thing, my completely original and totally not-stolen name because less easy to use in the sea of nyanposters, so I just slapped 'star' on the end because the aforementioned half-of-the-other name, because I like awesome space-stuff, have studied and failed out space-related courses, and also because it makes me feel cool.

I'm a big Fire Emblem fan so my original name was going to be 3-13 Archer but since Ephinea doesn't allow the - symbol so I went with the next original Fire Emblem name I came up with. EdgyKarol due to a character called Karel being one of the most edgiest characters in Fire Emblem. Well Fire Emblem 7 Karel anyways as FE6 Karel is that cool uncle for Fir. And yes I know I misspelled Karel as Karol because I'm a 13 year old who doesn't know how to spell for my life. My reason for having this name may not be that good I know.

But look at Karel and tell me how he doesn't look edgy in the slightest?

Attachments

• Fe7Karel.png
    Fe7Karel.png
    590.1 KB · Views: 56
Back