What's the story behind your name?

I'm an ancient Egyptian god, you may have heard of me from Persona.
...okay just kidding, my mommy and daddy gave me my name. xD

It's time to dig out this thread I believe.
Mew has referenced the link in a post and I think I should provide an explanation of my name aswell.

Harking back to 2001 days when I started my first Online Gaming with Phantasy Star Online for the Dreamcast, I have created the character Don Mania.
He was my highest leveled character on the Dreamcast. I also believe it was the first one I created. So with that character I bonded immensely.

How I had the idea to call him Don Mania... I actually don't remember anymore.
I have to meditate about that.

Since then my Internet Personas have been inspired by Dreamcast titles and characters. Most famously with the name Wudemaster.
Later then I watched the TRIGUN anime which I loved to use Vash as my new internet name. Since that was mostly taken, it got mutated into Vasheranos, which I use for PSN and XBOX and STEAM and so on.

With this forum it reminded me of the good old Dreamcast days. So I wanted some nostalgia.
So Don Mania became Donnie. It probably also helped, that I loved the movie Donnie Darko back in the day.

So.. it started with Don Mania as my first main PSO character. Then in forums it became Wudemaster (Shenmue inspired) and later then Vasheranos (Trigun inspired) until I fell in love with the idea to honor my first Dreamcast Character with the use of Donnie for this forum.

And to end the story. I have actually recreated Don Mania as a character just recently and am currently maybe the most powerful level 20 character I have seen yet online xD He ate so many materials, got so much HP Mats and has so nice weapons and units to use...

It was funny to drop into an EP2 Game on Hard. Two level 50+ players warned me not to come down there. So it presented the perfect stage for Don Mania to step in with level 20 to save their level 50 butties. Reactions have been lots of fun. Using Sange and Yasha and Zanba, S Reds Blade on level 20 rocks so hard.

Maybe I got inspired by Meierlink, who recreated his Meierlink character on Ephinea aswell and also started out on DC, so why not do that aswell.

Last edited:
Mew has referenced the link in a post and I think I should provide an explanation of my name aswell.

Harking back to 2001 days when I started my first Online Gaming with Phantasy Star Online for the Dreamcast, I have created the character Don Mania.
He was my highest leveled character on the Dreamcast. I also believe it was the first one I created. So with that character I bonded immensely.

Since then my Internet Personas have been inspired by Dreamcast titles and characters. Most famously with the name Wudemaster.
Later then I watched the TRIGUN anime which I loved to use Vash as my new internet name. Since that was mostly taken, it got mutated into Vasheranos, which I use for PSN and XBOX and STEAM and so on.

With this forum it reminded me of the good old Dreamcast days. So I wanted some nostalgia.
So Don Mania became Donnie. It probably also helped, that I loved the movie Donnie Darko back in the day.

So.. it started with Don Mania as my first main PSO character. Then in forums it became Wudemaster (Shenmue inspired) and later then Vasheranos (Trigun inspired) until I fell in love with the idea to honor my first Dreamcast Character with the use of Donnie for this forum.

And to end the story. I have actually recreated Don Mania as a character just recently and am currently maybe the most powerful level 20 character I have seen yet online xD He ate so many materials, got so much HP Mats and has so nice weapons and units to use...

It was funny to drop into an EP2 Game on Hard. Two level 50+ players warned me not to come down there. So it presented the perfect stage for Don Mania to step in with level 20 to save their level 50 butties. Reactions have been lots of fun. Using Sange and Yasha and Zanba, S Reds Blade on level 20 rocks so hard.

Maybe I got inspired by Meierlink, who recreated his Meierlink character on Ephinea aswell and also started out on DC, so why not do that aswell.
*Giggles warmly~!* Apparently, mew has a minor skill in 'Necromancy' for bringing up old subjects? <3! XD! "Donnie" has a nice ring to it. =3

250407cc5d959a4.gifHey, this is a thread I hadn't seen before ^w^.

I had the idea of calling my HUnewearl "MEIERLINK" because at the same time when I played PSO on the Dreamcast in 2001, I played Vampire Hunter D on Playstation 1 (I didn't know the video game was based on a novel and an anime...). Meier Link is a Vampire Noble and acted as one of the main antagonists.​
Vampire Hunter D PS1.jpg

Attachments

• MV5BYTljOTU5MDItMmMyZi00NDE5LTljYjctMjE4YjBjYmI2NzU0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMzM4MjM0Nzg@._V1_.jpg
    MV5BYTljOTU5MDItMmMyZi00NDE5LTljYjctMjE4YjBjYmI2NzU0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMzM4MjM0Nzg@._V1_.jpg
    561.1 KB · Views: 1

Tezgif.com-add-text.gifhe LEGENDARY Don Mania is back and Meier can't wait to share adventures with him on Ragol !

However, Meier wishes to point out that she's not resurrected on Ephinea...because she is immortal ^w^.

So, the Vampire Lolita experienced Dreamcast v1 EU, v2 US & EU, Game Cube & Schthack before continuing her misdeeds on Ephinea ^w^.

Well "NeTenebrae" came form Nero, my old nickname. The curious thing was that back in the day everyone on any forum has that nick (You know DMC Fans), so I decided to mix it up with something that fits my personality. Them, I added "Tenebrae" 'cause I like all those terror/horror things, also make it in latin add that cherry on the top :lenny:

The name Ryza comes from a few games of the Atelier series; specifically, the aptly named Atelier Ryza titles. It's also who's in my profile pic here.

My RAmarl, Lily, is named after my favorite PSO monsters, though I specifically like Nar Lily the most. I have... mixed feelings on Del Lily, however.

Noelle, my HUnewearl, is named after a Paladin character concept I play often in D&D.

Prism, my FOmarl, is named after my favorite hero in a TCG called Flesh and Blood.

I used to go by a different name online, and I hated it (everyone thought I was a guy. Turns out, it wasn't the username, just that everyone thinks you're male online, even more so in the early days of the interwebs...) Anyway...

I am a huge weeb and I love japan and the moon. Tsuki 月 means Moon in japanese, and usually I go by the full name: Tsuki Sumarasu. Sumarasu is a made up word because there was so many other Tsuki's online (it's a common name) that I wanted to be sure I was "unique" and nobody else would pick that name. Since I used a non-actual word for my last name, that made sure the chances of someone else using it was very very low.

I don't remember why "Sumarasu", I probably just pointed at four kanas randomly and the name was picked.

"Fun" and shameful story: I went through a few usernames back in the early days of the internet, one of the first one was "incarnate_evil_666" or something like, god I was such a lame "edgy" teenager.

I used to go by a different name online, and I hated it (everyone thought I was a guy. Turns out, it wasn't the username, just that everyone thinks you're male online, even more so in the early days of the interwebs...) Anyway...

I am a huge weeb and I love japan and the moon. Tsuki 月 means Moon in japanese, and usually I go by the full name: Tsuki Sumarasu. Sumarasu is a made up word because there was so many other Tsuki's online (it's a common name) that I wanted to be sure I was "unique" and nobody else would pick that name. Since I used a non-actual word for my last name, that made sure the chances of someone else using it was very very low.

I don't remember why "Sumarasu", I probably just pointed at four kanas randomly and the name was picked.

"Fun" and shameful story: I went through a few usernames back in the early days of the internet, one of the first one was "incarnate_evil_666" or something like, god I was such a lame "edgy" teenager.
incarnate_evil_666 is a cool name ^w^ !

the first symbol art i make when i come back to psobb back then look like an egg yolk, so i call myself egg yolk and make more egg yolk symbol art cuz it was simple enough to make variations of

As you can see in my sig, i have quite a lot of characters, and most of my characters name come from 2 strategy rpg games (Tactics Ogre and FFT) the rest are just random names tbh...a lot of my ingame friends give me shit for it as they have a hard time knowing who am i online, but hey, naming your character is part of the fun, and i ive always found it fun naming every character different.

Jack Salad came from some educational typing program my friend used in school, originally spelled "jaksalad" apparently, since they're all home row keys. He thought it was so amusing he'd say it all the time, or use it as a sort of insult.
And all my characters are named after some kind of food or drink.

A lot of people think it means a goth moogle, but it is actually a character from Lord of the Rings.

Back