What is your favorite character to play?

Thank you all for making my forum title relevant again
I was sad when Nikki's original Beginner's Guide was sanitized

Yes, HUcast hits harder than other classes, he's supposed to.

But he doesn't have RA's arsenal, which is a pretty large negative. Slicers are slower than Shots, Swords/Partisans have far less range than Shot, Needles are a lot faster and better than HU's AoE in terms of mechanics, there's no cool weapons like Launcher or Bazookas or Frozen Shooter, giving him far less scope as to what he can do as a singular entity.

The problem is that all the other HUs have ATP far too similar to the RAs, and overall RA's arsenal is much better. The point of HU is to be able to hit harder while having less versatility and range than RAs, but their ATP is simply not high enough to give them that edge, since PSO tends to be gun/sacrifical focused, so their high ATP weapons are somewhat moot as well.

On the other hand, HUcast vs RAcast is a balanced combo. Neither outclasses the other because they have wildly different strengths, but when it comes to things like HUmar vs RAmar and HUnewearl vs RAmarl, the RA always wins unless you're doing Time Attack that relies heavily on DF/Vjaya, which most people are probably not (and even then the RA tends to be a lot better anyway).

So again, HUcast is not broken, the other HUs are too weak. If you were to nerf HUcast, the RAs would be a lot better instantly.

There is only one way to settle this: battle mode. Level 1 characters only. No gear equipped. Gonna be a bare knuckle blood bath.

Yes, HUcast hits harder than other classes, he's supposed to.

But he doesn't have RA's arsenal, which is a pretty large negative. Slicers are slower than Shots, Swords/Partisans have far less range than Shot, Needles are a lot faster and better than HU's AoE in terms of mechanics, there's no cool weapons like Launcher or Bazookas or Frozen Shooter, giving him far less scope as to what he can do as a singular entity.

Swords and partisans have the plus of smacking 10 enemies at a time where as shots hit 5. If enemies are up close in personal and in numbers in a small room I'd rather use a sword or partisan than a shot cause fewer enemies will be able to sneak by. Not sure where slicers are slower than shots come from though. I could of sworn that the cool down time for almost every class was faster on slicer than a shot and the blades on average come out at an ok speed, I mean I'm able to get a combo off a slicer by just stepping back easily enough. If they are slower in that their range isn't as good as a shot and they also only hit 4 enemies vs the 5 than sure but slicers like rainbow baton, charge diska, and sof are pretty low risk in single play.
But yeah needles (mostly cause of s-ranks though), frozen shooter, launchers/bazookas are a sort of far better unique weapons than anything daggers, twin swords, and double sabers bring to a Hu. For sure when the strongest of those types are being used by Ra as well anyway like Daylight Scar. And partisan wise yunchang isn't so much better than stuff like Tyrell's as well (the average is 20 or so base damage so yeah).

Then again its not secret that sega didn't balance the classes right when it comes to Ra. Needing smart link is a unique disadvantage for hu and fo and nothing else is like it in the game when stuff like having a much higher ata sort of explains that Ras would be better with a gun by default anyway and then stuff like ranger wall being around is another thing.

Though again my main thought is on Hucast vs the rest of the Hunters. I just don't think that raising their atp is that good of a fix. Hucast with his max atp sort of combo kills a good % of the mini bosses in the game as it is with just vulcans and freeze traps and 20 shifta or so and in case my example didn't tell he can combo kill a goron detonator as well pretty easily by just freezing it and pumping it with nss if he has level 30 shifta and the monster has level 30 zalure. Player vs enemy is already pretty manageable for single for hucast cause of that factor alone. I mean there is a 40% difference between fomar and humar in base damage when humar has shifta 30 and zalure 30 around but that power difference is pretty much 2x that for fomar vs hucast. Buffing 3 of the classes when in truth you could just do some small nerfs to a 1 or 2 Ra (though Ramarl is pretty balanced IMO) and produce a better affect seems better to me than making player vs enemy even easier than it already is.

Fomar and Ramarl can pretty much solo everything if given enough time and pretty good as well. But in truth Huney can solo everything as well. I mean she is doing an extra 75 damage or so vs Ramarl on average and she does have rifle range with holy ray so it isn't like things are all but horrible for her solo. Humar is suppose to be the games "most balanced class" so it would make since that he would be next solo damage wise but he does have to manage his stuff a lot. But Hucast sort of breaks the mold some IMO.

Though in the end this is all theory I'll admit.

Swords and partisans have the plus of smacking 10 enemies at a time where as shots hit 5. If enemies are up close in personal and in numbers in a small room I'd rather use a sword or partisan than a shot cause fewer enemies will be able to sneak by. Not sure where slicers are slower than shots come from though. I could of sworn that the cool down time for almost every class was faster on slicer than a shot and the blades on average come out at an ok speed, I mean I'm able to get a combo off a slicer by just stepping back easily enough. If they are slower in that their range isn't as good as a shot and they also only hit 4 enemies vs the 5 than sure but slicers like rainbow baton, charge diska, and sof are pretty low risk in single play.
But yeah needles (mostly cause of s-ranks though), frozen shooter, launchers/bazookas are a sort of far better unique weapons than anything daggers, twin swords, and double sabers bring to a Hu. For sure when the strongest of those types are being used by Ra as well anyway like Daylight Scar. And partisan wise yunchang isn't so much better than stuff like Tyrell's as well (the average is 20 or so base damage so yeah).

Then again its not secret that sega didn't balance the classes right when it comes to Ra. Needing smart link is a unique disadvantage for hu and fo and nothing else is like it in the game when stuff like having a much higher ata sort of explains that Ras would be better with a gun by default anyway and then stuff like ranger wall being around is another thing.

Though again my main thought is on Hucast vs the rest of the Hunters. I just don't think that raising their atp is that good of a fix. Hucast with his max atp sort of combo kills a good % of the mini bosses in the game as it is with just vulcans and freeze traps and 20 shifta or so and in case my example didn't tell he can combo kill a goron detonator as well pretty easily by just freezing it and pumping it with nss if he has level 30 shifta and the monster has level 30 zalure. Player vs enemy is already pretty manageable for single for hucast cause of that factor alone. I mean there is a 40% difference between fomar and humar in base damage when humar has shifta 30 and zalure 30 around but that power difference is pretty much 2x that for fomar vs hucast. Buffing 3 of the classes when in truth you could just do some small nerfs to a 1 or 2 Ra (though Ramarl is pretty balanced IMO) and produce a better affect seems better to me than making player vs enemy even easier than it already is.

Fomar and Ramarl can pretty much solo everything if given enough time and pretty good as well. But in truth Huney can solo everything as well. I mean she is doing an extra 75 damage or so vs Ramarl on average and she does have rifle range with holy ray so it isn't like things are all but horrible for her solo. Humar is suppose to be the games "most balanced class" so it would make since that he would be next solo damage wise but he does have to manage his stuff a lot. But Hucast sort of breaks the mold some IMO.

Though in the end this is all theory I'll admit.

Then instead of boosting the ATP of hunters to compensate for the lack of ATA, cut the rangers' ATP. Additionally, allow hunters to use Slicer-type weapons without the normal ATA penalty (since those require ATP to be used anyway).

This would go a long way towards standardizing the damage output, by reducing the damage dealt per shot from rangers and thus bringing total DPS down compared to Hunters.

Back