What is your favorite character to play?

jaredchansen

So obviously there is no objectively best character to play, but with various playstyles and classes, it would seem that certain characters are better than others. I'm just curious to know why you play HUcast over HUmar or FOnewm over RAmarl.

Personally I've always liked the look of FOmarl the best, and her balanced stats meant I could go from spell casting to slashing when I wanted. And I've always had a soft spot for HUcast (my first character) and HUcaseal because they have great ATP and using traps can be fun.

HUcast and HUcaseal because you have to move a lot when you play them unlike rangers and they can actually OHKO many things.
Playing rangers is fun for a while but you start feeling like you're literally a sentry gun especially in rooms with more than 3 spawn waves because you end up grabbing a corner and spamming charge armS NSS.
I haven't fully explored the Force playstyle but I imagine it's very fun but very difficult.

Fo. Easier to get the tech boost items, 3 h/hp and a v801 than it is to sphere all your weapons, find v502 and smartlink, froozer, (insert neccesary hu, ra item), etc.

MG+ is much harder to find now than it was in 2015 though..

My favourite class is probably RAmarl, especially when people actually let you support games as her instead of demanding FO. Think of her as a stronger FO but with slightly weaker supports.

FOmar is a close second though, since he's definitely the most versatile FO and is good in basically everything, and arguably the best outside of pure nuking.

Both classes are also nice when you and a friend just want to duo or whatever, as they're great to pair up with a cast for that 2P synergy.

Ramar is still probably my favorite class, after all things are said and done. Just gotta love that ATA.

RAcast all the way. You can pretty much do it all, and you specialize in completely locking everything down completely with freezialysis. High atp/def/ata and hp so if you get bored of shooting you can do the hunter's job for him.

When I go support I love FOmarl. If memory serves they get range boosts to resta/shifta/deband and I THINK the highest HP of the forces.

Yeah fomarl is the most tanky fo and is in truth one of the easiest classes to keep alive in game. Plus a simple tyrell's parasol makes support a joke.

Note my hp topic. Now note she also gets stuff like 3 seals, glide divine, and other stuff fo get to easily boost her natural resistances.

Last edited:
Hucast. Only weakness is overcome by hit on weapons.

Last edited:
I think I love playing FO because you can be as casual or hardcore as you want. You can just spam SDJZ and provide no offense, or you can wreck mobs of enemies if you have the right gear and skill. That's really appealing to me.

When it's 4 AM and all I want to do is nothing, it's nice to not be pressured to execute complex gear switching and responsibility for actually killing things.

I would just like to take this opportunity to hate on what was once my favorite class, the poor HUmar. They went from Gods in DC v1 to what I would argue are absolutely useless in Blue Burst. Why would you ever play one? Want a hunter with techs? Hunewearl does it better. When you take techs out of the equation you might as well be playing HUcast for that sweet raw power.

HUcast: smoothly switching between weapons rapidly in a melee heavy area like Ep. 4 is a joy. I think HUcast takes considerably more skill to play than RAcast, and is therefore more enjoyable. Although I greatly enjoy both. (See my sig if you don't believe me.)

RAcaseal. RAcaseal has been my main PSO class since GameCube, and she's even been my main class in PSZero and PSO2 (if you can count PSO2). I started playing her mostly for superficial reasons, that being why would you be a boring human would you could be an ANDROID? Also I like playing as female characters generally. Later on I came to really appreciate the actual advantages she has over other classes. She has access to so many cool guns with endless different applications for both crowd control and DPS, can lay traps, has phenomenal stats other than ATP, is arguably the most tanky class in the game, is super easy to plan a max stat build, doesn't have a waste an armor slot on Smartlink, doesn't have to worry about Paralysis, etc.

The issue is basically everything RAcaseal can do, RAcast can also do and he has significantly more ATP. <.<

At least I have Vivienne and Last Swan uwu

Back