What Games Are You Playing?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by GospelEXE, Aug 28, 2015.

1. Bonesy

Bonesy it me

Guildcard:
    Didn't get anything, sadly.

But I am playing DQ11 PS4 now.

2. leneration

leneration Member

Guildcard:
    On the PS4 I play:

Dead by Daylight
    Borderlands GOTY
    Life is Strange 2
    Final Fantasy XII

And other games I can't remember.

Oh, I also play PSO:BB on the PC.

3. Garrus

Garrus Member

Guildcard:
    Got back into ffxiv with the shadowbringers expansion so currently levelling a new char on there, kinda switching between it and pso atm.

4. Kamui

Kamui S.

Guildcard:
    Just PSO atm.
    Before that I was switching between The Evil Within 2 on PS4 and Octopath Traveler on Switch. Didn't finish either though, but probably will at some point.

Was extremely hyped for SINoALICE which was supposed to be released on 18th July, but it got delayed, unfortunately.

Next on the list is Astral Chain on Switch, perfect to fill the void after the upcoming Anniversary event I guess. :wacko:

5. Matt

Matt Administrator Staff Member

Guildcard:
    So I played Cadence of Hyrule on release when it came out in June (why is nobody talking about this game?), and it was actually dope. Super fun game, loved how much charm it had, gameplay was super fun, couldn't put it down from start to finish, and playing co-op with my brother was also amazing.

Because of it I got into Crypt of the Necrodancer, which I am currently playing. Much harder than Cadence but I also love it, currently on the final Zone as Aria because I'm a masochist and put myself through Aria gameplay (1-hit death) but it's so satisfying.

Same though. I was slightly miffed at first they're focusing on this instead of Bayonetta 3, but it also looks amazing so it'll be good while waiting for Bayo 3.

Garrus likes this.
  6. MudkipzJm

MudkipzJm herd u dun liek mudkipz

Guildcard:
    PSO, PSO2(when there's actually stuff to do), and right now I'm playing through Ion Fury

7. Garrus

Garrus Member

Guildcard:
    Cadence of Hyrule was brilliant fun. I saw an advert for it and the music hooked me in. Not the longest game but the option of randomising everything and doing multiple playthroughs is cool.

8. Kamui

Kamui S.

Guildcard:

Omg, I'm so hyped, it'll be in my hands in about 24 hours.
    Most likely means an early conclusion of this years anniversary event for me. :eek:

9. Kamui

Kamui S.

Guildcard:
    Just read that AC has been in development for over 5 years, they even started developing before Nier:Automata.

But ofc, Bayo is something people are eagerly waiting for, because they know what's coming to them. A goddamn awesome game.

I'm really curious how AC plays out though, something tells me this is a potential masterpiece.
    Might just be the hype though, idk. XD

10. Matt

Guildcard:
    I'm getting the game today (physically, so didn't play at midnight), so I can let you know.

EDIT: Just read the next post up, hype on a bike.

11. Kamui

Kamui S.

Guildcard:
    Omw to the store now. :D

12. Matt

Guildcard:
    So yeah Astral Chain, playing that now.

Very worthwhile purchase. The initial impressions were not great gameplay wise, because they give you literally nothing for some reason, but once you get into it, the combat is extremely fun and unique, just as good as Platinum's other ventures.

The aesthetic, music, voice acting etc. is all commendable as well, a very good package. Do recommend if you're looking for a unique hack 'n' slash game for the Switch.

Kamui likes this.
  13. Bonesy

Bonesy it me

Guildcard:
    since i last posted in this thread my ps4 croaked due to thermal issues.

right now playing jimmy and the pulsating mass, replaying pokemon gaia, and some other odds and ends

14. Kamui

Kamui S.

Guildcard:
    Same impression so far, got nothing to add.