What are the best Armor units and why?

The effect still exists in the game but is not tied to any unit, so all you have to do is add a unit and give it the State/Maintenance effect in ItemPMT to restore it.

No, you didn't. V2 is the last release to officially have State/Maintenance and Trap/Search.
Probably was dreamcast then XD

Would restoring old stuff be against vanilla pso? Cause it was in a vanilla game at one point. I really miss small stuff like trap search on schthack (oh and state/maintenance is something I'd love as well)

Would restoring old stuff be against vanilla pso? Cause it was in a vanilla game at one point. I really miss small stuff like trap search on schthack (oh and state/maintenance is something I'd love as well)

If you want them you can always go to Destiny and play 1p forever :^)

Seriously though I wouldn't see the harm personally, I mean while they are both OP for casual play I don't think it would make much difference for elites because if you really want to avoid status's you can carry the cure's for each area and sol atomisers are a thing. As for trap/search; well it only benefits a few classes who could wear L mantle anyways. Just another option.

How are they op for casual play? I mean state/maintenance just flings a sol atom on you and you can already break out of ice in less than a sec with antimacro.
I can only think of a few areas that use more than one status affect as well.

Plus sol atoms in general have been sort of fixed to always be in shops like they should have in the 1st place.

Last edited:
How are they op for casual play? I mean state/maintenance just flings a sol atom on you and you can already break out of ice in less than a sec with antimacro.
I can only think of a few areas that use more than one status affect as well.

Plus sol atoms in general have been sort of fixed to always be in shops like they should have in the 1st place.

You won't ever need a sol or a cure unit again. Which covers alot of the game. I think that is OP dude.

Reactions: Eva
State/maintenance still takes a slot. Pretty sure that I'd still carry back up sols if I didn't want s/m on for whatever reason as well. In general I'm pretty sure a lot of people already don't run with cure units on cause of sols. Between v801, v502, v101, smartlink, adept, poss it can get kind of hard to find room sometimes. Trap/Search would make that hard to find room unit wise as well. There are only a few places I could think of wanting s/m on anyway is the one place where I like cure/shock and cure/freeze on now: CCA and only cause zap monkeys are pure hell if they get a chance to get monkeying around on you and Falz for cure/freeze.

And cure units aren't replaced, they are just being moved out for their natural upgrade. Do you want to slap on h/battle, g/battle, or v101? Pretty sure that if someone was smart about it as well they'd make the item pretty rare in some way as well. Like how anti dark ring is now.

Plus as far as cure units go people already don't care about most of em anyway.

Do you care if ribbon and remedy make poison, blind, mini, toad, confuse, stone, and so on cures for them worthless in Final Fantasy? In game alone I'm pretty sure you don't care about the small stuff like Sacred Cloth as well when it means you'd be giving up 13 and so on as well right?

Yeah but you can carry 1 item instead of 2-4 cures. And yeh your right that people would still use sols because they may not want S/M on during everything in the game. And I use sacred cloth depending on the situation. I barely use thirteen if I am honest.

State/Maint is a boring unit, Trap/Search is pretty interesting though.

While I wouldn't be against bringing it back, I dunno if it's something we'd do.

I remember hearing somewhere that State/Maintenance actually functions differently, in that it will cure the status after you were inflicted, not preventing it outright. Can anyone confirm?

Ives is the one who probably said that, and it's still true............probably!

I remember hearing somewhere that State/Maintenance actually functions differently, in that it will cure the status after you were inflicted, not preventing it outright. Can anyone confirm?

Yes, can confirm you get frozen/shocked/etc/etc for like halve a second before it gets rid of it again.

Yeah but you can carry 1 item instead of 2-4 cures. And yeh your right that people would still use sols because they may not want S/M on during everything in the game. And I use sacred cloth depending on the situation. I barely use thirteen if I am honest.

I rarely carry 2-4 cures as of now. The two examples I stated I just pull out cure shock in CCA and cure freeze for falz. Which are small potatoes and even then not always needed. I hardly see how losing the need to carry 2-4 items as a game breaking thing.

Plenty of weapons do that already in their building to a better system, not just units like v501 -> v502. I mean summit moon, magic piece, and psycho wand alone takes out the need to carry the 3 staffs (30% vs 40% in one doesn't matter much IMO but maybe I'm wrong), the 3 wands, and stuff like sorcerer's cane, twinkle star, and pom cause they are weaker versions of those anyway. Dark Bridge takes out cursed cloak, black gauntlets, demonic fork, cad, and merc rod for the most part (30% boost in grants isn't worth a 20% boost that comes with 1/2 tp cost and lets not kid ourselves that gifoie special is fun but not that useful even with a fo behind it) A bit more item space is hardly op (for sure in how s/m works anyway anyway in that it doesn't fully block said stuff).

Granted I guess I guess there is a 3rd situation where cure units are useful. Para for temple or caves cause of lily or so in quests like Max attack or so. Which depending on how things are going people might still want cure/para or cloth (only time I can say it is useful) over s/m for those quests anyway if you keep getting paralysis every 2 seconds.

State/Maint is a boring unit, Trap/Search is pretty interesting though.

While I wouldn't be against bringing it back, I dunno if it's something we'd do.

Well it was in vanilla before they took it out. And in general I don't see why they couldn't come back when we've brought other items that got taken from us or just not given to us before the game died for whatever reason. But I guess the next thing that people would say when arguing this is why not just bring back ata mats then or give spread needle to HU and buff it back to arrest and boosted range?

But for the record I'd actually be ok with ATA mats coming back and needles on Humar

ATA mats alone messing with the current mag market would be pretty interesting to watch (sato might change a bit) and I feel it would make it easier to max some characters like Hunewearl (not having to spend 100 or so dex in a mag would do wonders for her).

Granted I see no reason to restore needles to their original form though, that was a clear nerf in vPSO

However, for Humar getting to use needle though would just be nice. Come on throw the guy a bone lol!

Last edited:
I carry cures for every possible spot because I am a jew and wasting meseta for sols seems uneeded :wacko:

I carry cures for every possible spot because I am a jew and wasting meseta for sols seems uneeded :wacko:

But if you are a jew then surly you must know that carrying those extra items affects the trash loot you can pick up and sell back on P2 and swindling the honest business men out of their hard meseta even better man!

Thus you are losing your max profits you could get!

Can always cast ryuker :wacko:

It cures statuses a moment after you get afflicted on V2, but it's a bit wonky on GC. You no longer get frozen IIRC, but paralysis still gets cured after the fact. Whether it's a bug or Sega making sure to preserve Infinite/Sol is another question.

I'm confirming as well. Eden had State/Maintenance and I played there for a while. Basically, when you get frozen, you see the animation of getting frozen for like half a second and then you get free. So you get "staggered" and stop in your tracks, it can be quite annoying. Cure/freeze is much better and I would end up swapping my S/M for C/F depending on the situation.

And seriously, guys, what have Jewish people done to you...? >_>

Last edited:
Reactions: Eva
I probably don't play enough, but I think Ephinea should strive to stay as vanilla as possible. Just my 2 cents =)
Gouv quest aren't required anymore (but yeah I understand might be a bit tedious for some people).

So all those changes state/maintenance. Humar with needles etc I don't like them!

Vanilla in terms of Ephinea is not "PSO had it once before" but rather "it's an item that exists on JP SEGA BB's servers". I'm not entirely sure how you missed that fact, because if vanilla is V1, why is this even a BB server? Why do we have Episodes 2 and 4? Why do we have the 3 extra classes?

While there have been some small changes, Trap/search and State/Maint were not things that existed, not even as unreleased items. The effects exist, but were never used.

Last edited:
Back