What are the best Armor units and why?

-v101, heavenly/battle with 15 to all stats except ata which gets 1.5
A. heavenly/battle, god/battle, devil/battle, general/battle are the lower gears for this. Heavenly/battle gives a 40% boost to attack speed, god/battle gives a 30% to it, devil/battle a 20% boost, and general/battle gives a 10% boost to it.

-v801, buffs casting speed of spells. Including spells like Ryuker which normally won't get any faster. Very good on male fo cause it changes the rod cast animation for them in general as well.

-v502, buffs hell based specials to have a 2x activation bonus rate after default resists are put in affect. Confuse, paralysis, freeze have the 1.5x rate of v501. Keep in mind that auto kill goes off a different stat than the confuse, paraysis, and freeze ones.
A. Lower gear v501 gives a 1.5x to hell as well, but if you gonna uses auto kill specials you should hit for the v502.

-Adept, gives 6 to all resists, 20 to ata, 10 to rest of stats, cuts cost of techs by 25%
no lower level stuff like this really.

-smart link, buffs the range attack accuracy of attacks for Hunters and Forces, Rangers have this by default so it isn't needed for them.
A needed item for HU/FO characters

-heavenly/arms, boosts ata stat by 25
considering how god/arm is 15, and elf/arm is 7...its funny how the arm units actually matter when it comes to getting the best.

-Proof of Sword-saint, buffs ata by 30, evp by 60. removes 20 defense. But only when you are using rare sabers, katanas, and twin swords. Not double sabers, giant swords, spears, or daggers for some reason cause we can't just have a melee buffer like we can have smart link cause this game favors ranged weapons more overall. But of note this buffs Excalibur, Jizai, G-assassin's sabers (if you use em), Raikiri (make that energy wave maybe hit!), yamigarasu, sange & yasha.

-cure/freeze, cure/shock, cure/paralysis (human/newman). These are the most dangerous status affects for most classes and in general having them around can save on the need for sol atomizers a good chunk of the time. If sols were in shop all the time I really wouldn't care about the cure units though tbh beyond a few wild situations like Falz 2nd form, where u really want a cure/freeze or at least a lot of ice resist...
state/maintenance isn't in BB...which I really wish it was cause I'd love to save on item space/get a free support to annoying stuff like slow, poison, and so on on top of the dangerous stuff.

-heavenly/hp, boosts hp by 100
god/hp boosts it by 80, compared to dragon which boosts it by 40

-heavenly/resist, boost all resists by 12
Its very neat when this stuff can be useful.

-heavenly/technique, boost tech levels by 4. won't go over max character level (so no level 34 megid, even though that would be very good for a fo), god/tech is by 3, devil tech by 2, wizard tech by 1.

-Centurion/ability, boosts all stats by 30, except ata which is by 2.
Hunters have a armor that grants them a free heavenly/battle unit, letting them get to put this on easier. Granted Samurai armor is around as well for those that don't think they need the best battle unit performance.
Heavenly/ability is 25 for all except ata which is 2, God/ability is 20 and 1.5, hero doesn't touch luck or ata and only gives 10 to the ones it does.

-heavenly/power boosts attack power by 55
god/power gives 50 but again you might just want the best before you try the rest. orge/power gives 15 atp though to compare what was the 3rd best one.

-heavenly/mind boosts mind stat by 45
god/mind gives 40, angel/mind gives 15.

I'm willing to bet I'm missing some stuff but a good chunk of stuff I haven't talked about is trash.

- Heavenly/Legs - For when you need to run around like a Scooby Doo character.

- Heavenly/Body - To quickly get RIPPED.

- Smartlink - Use this to become a smarty pants and pass exams in school.

- Super/Resist - Gain Superman's resistances.

- Perfect/Resist - Become perfect.

also add that adept affects spirit tp usage as well, so you could stack 2 or so on huney/humar and go to town with flowens etc

This is a lot to read but tell's me I need to start farming for some Slot items... shoot.

-Hunters only Blue Odoshi Violet Nimaidou or BOVN, comes built in with a heavenly/battle. Has a set of others as well like the Black Odoshi Red Nimaidou or BORN which has god/battle, or the Black Odoshi Domaru which has devil/battle. Sadly only BOVN is worth it. Only real downside of BOVN is the 150 level equip and somewhat low stats, but only in the least important areas in the game (but resists are ok actually IMO). One of the best armors for 4 of the games classes hands down. 156-166 defense, 181-190 evade. 8 resist across the board. Equip Sange & Yasha, Sange, Yasha, or Kamui to boost their atp by 100 and ata by 10.

-Lieutenant Mantle, built in trap/vision like android friends but they can't equip it anyway cause they can't be Lieutenants. Level 101 equip. Very useful armor cause traps are super annoying and even more so when "some" robot friends don't snipe them for us for whatever reason when we are playing (of course techs are hands down the best way to deal with tons of traps anyway). Also has ok stats overall. 195-216 defense, 126-144 evade, 16 dark resist, 12 light, 6 f/i/e.

-Dress Plate, Male only level 1 armor that gives 30 defense and 30 evade but a super unreal 70 dark resist. Tons of megid users out there still can get through this sadly (wizards, falz, tower lily, deldepth...of course, and finally hp damage not dark actually flowers of ep2...) but it totally screws over and mutes lilies and stupid red monkeys for the most part (granted only helps with lilies til the rare one u are hunting pwand for shows up and randomly draws level 100 megid, turning the rest of them into death throwers as well, but even then 30% hit is better than 100%). Although the 70 dark resist is very useful don't think it isn't even if it isn't a sure thing for most foes that pack megid. Females want this armor and I don't blame them.
Low level gear wise it is pretty much better than anything else til level 27 even.

-Brightness Circle, level 111 armor with a cool look, 25 dark resist, 20 light resist, 190-240 defense, and 116-136 evade. Turns out aura field forget that it wanted that 25 dark resist as well and as a result of it this is better than aura. It also doesn't steal tp from you.

-Sacred Cloth, level 144, 100-150 defense, 50-70 evade, 15 dark/20 light. Built in cure/paralysis. Robots can't wear cause they don't need it anyway. Paralysis is the status that keeps on giving and is the most common one in the game really so any armor that wants to say you don't have to worry about it at this moment if you want to put this on when it shows up is cool in my book.

-Ignition Cloak, level 99, 168-176 defense, 143-151 evade, 18 fire resist, 3 light/dark resist. Boost fire based spells by 10%. You need at least a 30% boost overall to cut a cast out of the total amount needed to nuke most foes it seems in this game (as in if a foe needs 8 casts to murder you want a 30% boost to cut it down to 7). Still a 10% boost in general does make it easier to allow your team to mop up stuff somewhat easier. But combine this with Amp of Red and you overall get a nice buff to gifoie and rafoie, and the couple of spots were Foie is very useful as well is nice. Fire is overall the damage spell of choice in this game, as in the spell you want to straight up murder stuff.

-Cursed Cloak, level 99, 172-180 def, 146-154 evade, 18 dark, 3 light resist. Built in megid pierce for the 3 classes that don't have it that can use this.

-Mother Garb +, level 101, 175-190 def, 95-100 evade, cuts tp cost by 50%, gives 21 dark/light resist. Again this talks spirit specials as well. The 50% is actually more than 2 adepts alone due to how the tp cut mechanic works in this game (1st it cuts the full 25%, then the rest of that by 25%, alone that is overall less than 50%). For the one class that can use this it is a very potent armor. The random 30% grants boost is just a extra thing. Mother Garb alone is just almost as good anyway cause the 50% cut is what you really like...but you don't really just want to settle for that do you?

-Samurai Armor, built in god/battle. Any class can equip this sucker at level 80, as in this is the very 1st special armor you will be able to use. This is why BORN and the other hunter battle armors are lower in worth, BORN is 135 for just a bit better performance from Samurai in evade and defense, the 2 lowest important stats in the game. 5 resists across the board don't matter much as well. This is useful til you have a v101 or h/battle. Although its defense/evade is also usually a buff at level 80. 121 defense, 102 evade, 0 resists. Have Genpei equip to give a 20 resist bonus to this set. Use any agito/orotiagito to get a attack boost of 30% and 20 ata to it.

-Thirteen, level 101, 113-121 def, 136-144 evade, 16 dark, 8 light, 2 f/i/e. Buffs diska of braveman ATP by 50%, ATA by 30, attack speed is given devil/battle as well I guess. Slicer of Assassin and Diska of Liberator get buffed as well by same amount but those weapons are trash.

-Crimson Coat, level 101, 158-170 def, 136-148 evade, 14 dark/light, 10 f/i/e. Buffs red saber, red slicer, red dagger by 50% atp and 22 ata. Shame those weapons aren't worth it.

-Android only Black Hound Cuirass and Star Cuirass. Black hound is 121 equip, Star is 111. Black gives 300-320 defense but cuts 200 evade, Star just gives 250 defense. no resist given from star, 2 given across board from black. Androids in general have cooler armor but Ranger Androids really don't have much better performance armor tbh (Hunter ones have BOVN).

-Aura Field, 151 level equip for any but android. 235-285 defense, 134-154 evade. 20 dark and 20 light resist. Drains TP. Waste of good things to create it no matter where you get it in the end.

-Wedding Dress, Female only level 1 armor that gives 30 defense/30 evade and 70 light resist. Considering how the only users of light are falz and wizards this is a let down. Even more when you have rangers packing divine punishment in this game that is resisted by light stat on foes...All of the major bosses have their own form of "you are gonna take a dirt nap" light attack it seems that this doesn't even resist.

-Tempest Cloak, level 99, 168-176 defense, 143-151 evade, 18 electric resist, 3 light/dark resist. Boosts electric based spells by 10%. Same deal with this as Iggy cloak when talking about damage. Overall though Electric spells are the thing used if you just want to hit stuff though, but don't care about damage as much.

-Congeal Cloak, level 99, 168-176 defense, 143-151 evade, 18 ice resist, 3 light/dark resist. Boosts ice based spells by 10%. Same deal with Iggy and Tempest cloak when talking damage. But ice's use is overall pretty clear among the game. Shame only 1 spell is good in it overall (granted...barta is ok I guess if we just want to talk damage)

-Chu Chu Fever, level 101. 5 defense/evade, 20 dark/light. But has cool affect.

-Select Cloak, level 99, 172-180 def, 146-154 evade, 3 dark, 18 light resist. Buffs grants power by 10%. Funny how grants works, it sort of takes traits from a bunch of other spells, it does direct hard damage to most things that it hits but even more than foie, it auto targets one unlucky soul making it easy to hit with like zonde, but takes forever to cast like gibarta...it also doesn't do anything status wise though sadly. Part of me thinks they really should have had it do that. Oh and the 10% boost isn't even worth it for what I explained with Iggy cloak already, I just wanted to talk about grants.

Anyway, again I bet I'm missing some stuff.

DISCLAIMER: This is all my opinion k pls don't freak out

Dparts1.01 - It gives +35 ATP which makes it the best armor for RAcast, RAcaseal, possibly HUcaseal. It's also good on HUcast in situations where you aren't using Diska of Braveman.
Thirteen - Is extremely powerful with Diska of Braveman. ATP is raised by half of the weapons ATP, ATA is raised by 30 for this and a few other less overpowered weapons. This makes it the best armor for HUcast, HUnewearl, HUmar, and FOmar(ignition cloak is cool too tho), and possibly the best for HUcaseal and FOmarl
Stealth Suit - Removes rubberbanding from certain weapons (lag before you can shoot after weapon-swap) making it the best armor for RAmar and RAmarl
Ignition Cloak - 10% boost to all foie techs makes this invaluable to all FOs, specifically in episode 4. (I use mother garb+ on FOnewm tho cuz i'm lazy.) Best armor for FOnewearl.
Virus Armor: Lafuteria - Highest possible DFP for fleshies
Black Hound Cuirass - Highest possible DFP for casts
Dress Plate - Huge amount of EDK for males only
Blue Odoshi Violet Nimaidou - Built in Heavenly/Battle
Cursed Cloak - Piercing megid is cool I guess if you're into that :e
Lieutenant Mantle - Trapvision for fleshies

Last edited:
Is it one of those things that was still in the data, from earlier versions of the game, just not made available?
They actually removed it. Or it was overwritten by another unit? I forget, but it only exists as a reference (along with a few V units that never came into existance.) Tinkering had it recreated on Schthack.

They actually removed it. Or it was overwritten by another unit? I forget, but it only exists as a reference (along with a few V units that never came into existance.) Tinkering had it recreated on Schthack.
I had it on Gamecube for sure.

Back