Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Quotes

Votes: 8 28.6%

• Total voters

Spuz

Without rain, nothing grows.
Guildcard
Guildcard 2
I would really like as much input on this as possible so anything is appreciated, thank you!

We all know that many of us just do not read the trade-lists. More often than not we see the same items from trade-lists up for auction going higher just because of the vast majority of people viewing them. Not to mention the huge lists of items flooding the whole discord page just so people get their items seen.

My question here is about how you like to view the trade-lists. Personally, I hate to see a whole list of items copied and pasted without any attention to organising it; It makes my brain shut off, and this is why I tend to put my lists currently in spoilers. However, I know some people like a scroll and use CTRL+F and spoilers block this unless you go and open every spoiler (effort). One thing I used to do was code blocks as it lists it somewhat neatly and allows for searching but with many items, this still can become a long thread/page and you are unable to do any formatting within the code block.

Before spending hours re-organising and tidying/changing back to code blocks my whole trade-list I want to gauge the communities preferred ideals when it comes to trade-lists and viewing them comfortably (on the few occasions that we do).

Don't forget if you are after something or fighting in an auction, use the search function at the top right corner!

------

Another subject on the same topic if anyone wishes to discuss is the use of colouring and theme. I personally use Dark Theme for the forums because White Theme is way too blinding, I know many feel the same way, but some do use the white background and certain colours can be iffy on one theme but not the other, so do people generally prefer to have no colouring/bolding at all when reading?

Last edited:
If you have like, 5 blocks I have to click and open I'm likely to miss one lol. I prefer a complete dump organized by category. Also CTRL+F friendly.

Last edited:
If you have like, 5 blocks I have to click and open I'm likely to miss one lol. I prefer a complete dump by category. Also CTRL+F friendly.
I agree with this~

Also, I'm not sure if text in spoilers is included when using forum Search function so sometimes stuff gets missed.
Showcasing the non-1PD/expensive items at the top is helpful as well.

Reactions: Wil
Code blocks are also a bad idea as you can't apply any formatting (since obviously, it's meant to be raw), and sometimes it's nice to format something like a high hit weapon or a perfect stat item.

For what it's worth, quote blocks do show up in searches as well, so they also avoid that issue.

Added quotes to the list, I will be using this myself now. Seems to fit all my needs currently.

Last edited:
Thank you Spuz for bringing that out.
I prefer personnaly colors and alphabetic order.
Though you made me realize that my tradelist was unreadable by people using dark theme since i colored most characters in black.
i fixed it now .

Back