Tagging Experience

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a joke right? Fo's can tag easily. Easily. If you can't tag because your hucast buddy needs healing, tell him to be a fat ass and start eating more mates. 3000 meseta for 10 dimates is far less than the implementation time needed for a system like this. The complaints I saw were (he needs healing, I'm on the floor, I'm supporting)

Solutions:
1. He buys mates
2. Don't get hit
3. Tag with jellen, spam ratechs.

Think about it.
You need to push 1 button to get exp while he has to run around hitting everything.
Think about it.
Before you get mad at me about being insensitive and not understanding you should seriously
Think about it.

This is a joke right? Fo's can tag easily. Easily. If you can't tag because your hucast buddy needs healing, tell him to be a fat ass and start eating more mates. 3000 meseta for 10 dimates is far less than the implementation time needed for a system like this. The complaints I saw were (he needs healing, I'm on the floor, I'm supporting)

Solutions:
1. He buys mates
2. Don't get hit
3. Tag with jellen, spam ratechs.

Think about it.
You need to push 1 button to get exp while he has to run around hitting everything.
Think about it.
Before you get mad at me about being insensitive and not understanding you should seriously
Think about it.
The workaround solutions for the tagging system are almost all only valid for late game players. Meseta is more valuable to newer players. Techs are weaker and have less range. Spreads aren't as available. Tough not to get hit when there are areas literally filled with spawns, ranged/aoe attacks, or even Dorphons who are difficult to avoid period. I believe a new system would benefit all modes of play, late game vets included, but I'm not advocating those. I'm mostly advocating early to mid stages of play.

Perhaps it's been awhile since you've played on a fresh account with not so much as a good mag, let alone be completely new to the game. Think about it.

Seasons happened on here actually. Chances are its been like less than a few months since he started as a new character man.

You are right. I spoke abrasively.

I still stand by the rest of what I said. The system polarizes against certain classes depending on the level of play. FOs and maybe even RAs suffer early. RAs become accustomed first. Then slowly as the game progresses, HUs taper off polarizes towards FOs and RAs. Players without years of know-how and experience suffer all around. Even vets suffer to some extent.

I actually just started on this server(maybe 2 months ago) and only play seasons.(level 70 ish). I'm a huct and definitely do not get as much exp as ra's and fo's. But let's break down your above post so I can explain why I've reached the conclusion that you don't think.

(Tagging valid for late game players, meseta more valuable to newer players, techs weaker less range, spreads aren't as available, tough not to get hit)

1.) These are solutions that the game gives you halfway into normal mode. These aren't workarounds if they give you exp seeing as the game was designed this way.

2.) Late game players spend meseta charging and buying higher priced consumeables(tris, stars). Also coren.(btw meseta doesn't have a rare drop rate but it sound's like your chars are rarely on their feet so the chance of you picking it up might be rare)

3.) Even with lower level techniques, you'd still have to cover less distance and spend less time tagging monsters especially midway into normal mode as a force than a hunter. Forces aren't expected to face tank which is why they were given ranged techs.

4.) Your friend is a Fo and you are a hu. Spreads shouldn't be in your vocabulary. As a fo your friend is a ranged character. Dorphons are difficult to avoid but you can still run far away and dodge the charge. Your friend can also cast level 1 gifoie to not get hit on the initial spawn. I mean yeah you're new but you still have to use your brain when playing. I'm not saying you guys are rtards I'm just saying don't play like one. But then again that's your choice so we can't force you not to.

5.) The area is filled with spawns. (rafoie? gifoie?)

Also what is your solution to party wide experience? How would you implement it. I'm actually quite curious if you thought about it.

Seaside in ep2 is the easiest way to gather money in the game. Usually when you head out to the beach you can just run over and bust open about 10 or so boxes of high % weapons and armor from ruins from foes that are piss easy to deal with (just watch out for robots, and monkeys)

PW3's box room is also great
Ruins 1 has a bunch of boxes that are also usually easy to get to.
Restless Lion is also good.

Still, Bees are weak to ice, so are morpho butterfly in PW3. A good % of the time you won't even have to fight in Ep2's seaside to grab access to the boxes.

Fonewearl is actually a pretty good starting fo

sorry if this sounds blunt. but the game has been the way it's been for longer than most high school students have been alive. i think you guys are just currently at the brick wall you hit in all RPG's where you have to work a little harder to get the things you need to progress more easily. if you're on the floor all the time, consider why it's happening and adapt or reduce difficulty until you can play it. this isn't really the game's fault IMO.

i'm not averse to a dialogue about party experience, but it's a lot of work for part time hobbyists that run a PSO server at no cost to us if the issue could be altogether avoided by more conscientious gameplay.

and PSO has always been a grind-ey game. you kinda just have to learn to love it.

again, not trying to sound hostile...more realistic than anything.

FOs have it the EASIEST to tag. Not just tag, but level in general. I leveled my FOnewm from 1 to 90 in less than 20 hours played, primarily solo. A few generous donations of basic equipment and some meseta, and my own knowledge of the game allowed for some serious powerleveling in MA4 in Ep 4, and once that was easily handled, MA4 S on VH was several thousand exp per run, which only took a few minutes.

And that wasn't even trying to speed run or anything.

Your HUcast friend needs to understand dodging, and the use of Mates, and Traps to avoid damage, not leave it to you. FO's aren't healers, they're spell casters of all forms. At the very least, dropping a Jellen on each wave of spawns as they pop up will net you great XP. Dropping Rafoies to slaughter everything even more so.

A FO that constantly debuffs can easily hit high levels with little sweat. I'm pretty sure several levels on my FOney are because of the mass tagging I did with J/Z whenever I entered a room.

I don't like the idea of being punished for XP because I was doing my class' job.

The game is not unplayable in its current state. I am by no means insinuating this. However suggesting how to make something less of a problem does not eliminate it being a problem. To many of the players on this server my points might seem like nothing more than mere complaints, yet only by identifying a problem can things be improved. My father loves to tell me how he walked five miles to school everyday. It was something he dealt with, but that doesn't invalidate solutions for it. Likewise for us old people playing a 17 year old game.

I demand nothing. I am a new player on a private server. Regardless of how anyone feels, if the developers have no interest or time the discussion ends there and I'm sure everyone understands that. But it's become clear to me based on other changes that the developers are interested in improving an otherwise dated game for the sake of everyone's experience. If that is still their wish, than integrating a xp share system would without a doubt align with that. This isn't just baseless conjecture. There's empirical evidence to back it since just about every MMO you or I could think of uses one perfectly fine. PSO is the odd one out.

@jajaswipo No, I have not established a specific method for this system. We need to settle on the idea before we tackle how it will perform in code. I have ideas, but there's no point in battling over ranges or percentages when we don't even know if we should go through with it.

I'm not a fan of asking people to be nice to each other because there's no way to adequately convey that message.
You shouldn't need a game to tell you to be nice to the people you're playing with. If you're going to play with other people, you should take their own wants and needs into account, as well as your own, so that everybody can have a good time.

Proper game design teaches people how to play through its innate conveyance. Should we use social methods outside of the game, that still leaves players no real incentive to do this.
...other than, you know, creating a positive environment for their teammates.

Even if players in PSO were given XP for healing or buffing their teammates, it would be a more rewarding system than what we have now.
Perhaps, but it's a matter of development effort vs reward. There are two solutions to your problem:
  • Adjust your playstyle for the sake of your teammates or find new teammates who want to play the same way you do.
  • Reverse engineer the game and implement a new EXP sharing system so that you can keep playing however you want without regard to your teammates' enjoyment of the game.
The latter is overkill when "don't be a dick" gets the job done.

It's not a problem it's a challenge! Tagging fast is classic Pso style. Spawn, tag, combat!

Last edited:
What is your definition of elite? >_>; HUcast is the most elite class, so not wanting to play with one hardly makes you elite as well. .

The problem is what you are saying about Hucasts is nonsense and not true at all. I have played and levelled up on all classes and have had no problems, never had a problem of a hucast stealing exp away from me.

I saw a couple anti-leech posts, but everyone else seems for it. I mean... you earn drops regardless of tagging, so why not exp?

I am against it completely, People should be encouraged to play the game, and having exp earned via tagging encourages you to play with more skill.

PSo is too much of a slot game as it is, we do not need to remove any more skill elements to it.

The workaround solutions for the tagging system are almost all only valid for late game players. Meseta is more valuable to newer players. Techs are weaker and have less range. Spreads aren't as available. Tough not to get hit when there are areas literally filled with spawns, ranged/aoe attacks, or even Dorphons who are difficult to avoid period. I believe a new system would benefit all modes of play, late game vets included, but I'm not advocating those. I'm mostly advocating early to mid stages of play.

Perhaps it's been awhile since you've played on a fresh account with not so much as a good mag, let alone be completely new to the game. Think about it.

"The workaround solutions for the tagging system are almost all only valid for late game players"

This is a troll thread it has to be.

Even when I was a complete noob on Ultima I never had trouble tagging on any class.

If you shoot down the nonsense this poster is saying, he or she will just goalpost move and complain about something else.

ep4 is the hardest stage, if you find ep4 too hard, stick to ep1.

Tagging enemies takes skill? What? Playing efficiently takes skill. In any game with a modern experience system, playing efficiently is generally viewed as contributing to the party because everyone benefits. If PSO had such a system, then maybe there wouldn't be so many people who are morally opposed to playing the game correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back