Summer Scavenger Event 2020

Hello @Matt - I have a suggestion for the event. Probably a next year change, although I suppose you could offer it this year.

Allow for badges to be traded into the shop for other badges. It would be nice to have some safety net to allow players to complete a full set if they are just 1 or 2 short at the end of the event. Especially since the daily resets this year have made it quite challenging to collect full sets efficiently.

Obviously this should not be a 1:1 of any badge to any badge, as that will discourage hunting them all. It should probably be 3:1 or maybe even 4 or 5 to 1. It could also require 3 (or 4 or 5) unique badges, to prevent just spamming for one badge all event. Maybe you just make another reward option of the 3 unique badge turn-in to allow a player to receive any 1 badge.

Thanks for considering, and thanks for the fun event.

i second what SLU said about trading in 3 badges of one color for a badge of a different color this seems like a realy good idea its hard getting a set as is for one and for 2 last i knew item tickets went for 2 PDs so your further ahead taking 3 badges and getting 3 item tickets rather then 5 Pds anyways

While this is a good fun event, I have to say this event is not fair to everyone.
Basically players living in the Asian timezone have to work for players in EU or US.
And players in EU and US experience all the "juicy part" of the event everyday.

upload_2020-7-6_13-42-49.png

It resets at 0:00 UTC, not EST. I think your chart is off.

The "common play hours" in the evenings for US west coast occur immediately after the badge reset at 5PM local time. Therefore I'm not sure I follow your argument that US players have an advantage. In fact it is quite the opposite. For EU players on a traditional schedule I suppose I agree.

I guess the reset time could be moved by 12 hours at the midpoint of the event, but this mostly seems like a non-issue.

SLU, thanks for letting me know about the correct reset time.

I have updated the sheet based on this:
upload_2020-7-7_9-39-53.png

The most common play time is mentioned 6:00-1:00 based on the local business hours. People usually work/school and play games after finishing them. 5PM is still too early unless you are not working. Also the actual common play hours and the reset time is not critically important here. I am more talking about the fact that the players are playing in different conditions depending on where they live and its not working fair to everyone especially for this event.

Back