Some questions from a new player

Starbux

Hey guys.

So as you can read above, im new to Ephinea and got some questions regarding the server.

I played on schtserv like 1 year ago and played on my GC long before that. I love Phantasy Star Online and I am really excited to play with other people instead of my own.

Okey so lets get started. I got some questions that I will list here. I hope someone can answer them.

1. I played PSO on my gamecube. All on my own. I recognize that getting started is really hard If you have nothing. The first few levels will take forever. Is there any trick to get through there in a smoother way?

2. I did read through the “what ephinea brings to the table” but I still have some questions. Is the dropchance exactly the same like on the Gamecube version? I rarely dropped good items there.

3. I don’t understand that luck system? Can anyone explain?

4. What class to start with? I know that RA is easy to start with, compared to the other classes. FO is really good in Ep.4 but lacks in Ep.1&2. I would say that I want to start from scratch, even with my knowledge there is much to learn. What class would you recommend? And if you recommend one, can you tell me what section ID I should get on? Could you also recommend Weapons and equipt I should reach for ?

5. Are there enough People to play with on Ephinea? I played PSO on my own for to long, I have had enough. I want to play with other people.

That’s it for now. Ty for your answers. Like i said, im really excited to play will all you guys, starting this evening!

I'm sure others can answer better than me but I'll try to help.
Qu.1
Yes. You can do the mission Towards the Future which is a boss rush mission. If you called the party Ttf others would join in and help. This is a good community of helpful people.
Qu.2
I don't quite remember the drop chance from gc but I can assure you the drop chances aren't impossible.
Qu.3
Everyday (I don't know what time) a randomly generated thing changes and gives for example [rangers males humans] a luck chance for rdr. If you were to be a Ranger (not a male or human) you would have 1%added to rdr. With 2 you have 3% and with 3 you have 5%.
Qu.4
I'd say ramar is easiest to start with and weapons to go for would be spread needle frozen shooter and some kind of charge mechs with hit. And look up guides on how to make a power Sato.
Qu.5
There are a lot of people that play I don't know the average person that is on daily but there is enough where you don't have to play alone and there are a lot of helpful people.

If I explained something wrong or just not good enough someone can correct me but I've been on three servers and this is my favorite. Welcome to Ephinea! Happy Hunting :) We're glad to have you!

Snow explained everything pretty well :) I'll add that the drop rates can potentially be very good. They can get boosted by events, i.e. summer/valentines day event (now on!)
Or by doing the hunters boost road, which if you get enough points evenly in the particular quests of the month you can get significantly boosted drop rates.

https://www.pioneer2.net/community/threads/hunters-boost-road-added.854/

Also (you may be aware already) ephinea has the option to use the PSO2 style drops system as opposed to classic. With PSO2 style drops active, each player gets his/her own individual drops. Which is very useful :)

Keep in mind too that you can change your sectionID (ONLY ONCE) before lvl 20, so you don't have to use a certain name to get the right ID. When you are in the main lobby, type in /help and you will see a nice list of helpful features like that.
Feel free to jump into open parties, people on this server have been unbelievably cool in helping me progress. and like Snow said, calling your room name ttf will inspire high level people to jump in and carry you through the boss fights.

Qu.3
Everyday (I don't know what time) a randomly generated thing changes

It changes at midnight UST everyday which is the server time so if you check /time in game you can base it from that.

Fun tip: Lumires is an hour ahead also, so can check the luck there 1hr before it changes on fodra.

upload_2017-7-16_2-14-56.png
Seeing as some questions were already asked and I didn't want to make a new forum.....

Can anyone, ANYONE tell me what the numbered hexagons are for? I have no idea what they are. I used to play PSO on the xbox, and those WERE NOT THERE?!?! Can anyone help me?

You're allowed to map extra actions to the number keys on your keyboard. Open the Customize menu, put the cursor over the action you want, and hit a number to map that action to the number, then press that number when you're on Ragol to execute the mapped action. You have to have keyboard controls enabled in order for it to work, though.

Reactions: Mad
You're allowed to map extra actions to the number keys on your keyboard. Open the Customize menu, put the cursor over the action you want, and hit a number to map that action to the number, then press that number when you're on Ragol to execute the mapped action. You have to have keyboard controls enabled in order for it to work, though.

Also, if you have a number pad and have numlock turned off, you can use those numbered shortcuts freely from there even with keyboard controls turned off.

Back