Soly's Stash

Ok, now when I try, it pops up a little message box that says "Could not access process memory".

edit: I'm on a freshly installed Windows 8, and I haven't installed any updates yet.

Yes. I don't have a shortcut, I'm just right-clicking the .exe file and choosing "run as administrator".

edit: I tested it a little more thoroughly - I was just trying to assign "action palette top" to button 16, since I don't use it and I think my controller's buttons only go to 12. 15, 16 and the POV directions all give the same error. If I tell Input Map to use anything else, PSO clears that spot, it doesn't show anything as assigned. I did this with action palette top, and it doesn't seem to have changed the behavior of the button. I also did this with "menu open/menu decide" and it acts really weird, other gamepad buttons and even esc and backspace on the keyboard all act as if they are set to menu open/menu decide. Finally, if I set them to "none", PSO restores them to the button they were assigned before and it goes back to normal.

Last edited:
Do the keys you change, show what they should be in the menu?
Or do they all change to the same key? (since you said they perform the same menu open/close action).

Ok, I have updated the program.
There was an error reading and setting the Joystick buttons (axis stuff was fine since those use another data type).

It should work now, checking while I was fixing it, it seems that if you set a button to none, the game will reset the buttons...

It should work now, checking while I was fixing it, it seems that if you set a button to none, the game will reset the buttons...

This kept happening to me a while back. It seems the only two that can be set to none are the "right analog left/right" and "right analog forwards/backwards" because they are that way by default.

Hey I hate to bug you but I think I have a bit of an issue with the item list file.
pso131539341363325064.jpg

Never mind Discord helped me out with it

Last edited:
since the adding items function isn't available how would we go about adding in items to the game?

Unitxt tool has been updated.

One of it's dependencies had a bug when reading wide strings which caused it to cut short certain characters.
This was basically just with Japanese... so if you have made changes to Japanese unitxt files with my tool you might want to check it out.

Unitxt JP files in PSO Tools repository have been updated too.

Thanks to Soda for reporting the issue.

Last edited:
No christmas present ? :)
Something like an update to (some of) your tools (especially for GC as far as I'm concerned) to able to export data from them, to a sensible file format, would be really nice ^_^"

[Wishful thinking] Releasing data offsets/pointers and all that jazz for PSOGC datafiles like ItemPMT, BattleParam, ItemRT ? Folks at PSODev wiki would surely appreciate too.

Right now it's like "Oh cool tools."
"Wait a second... if I want to edit something it's 1 at a time ? Okay, fine, I know, cheating blah blah blah... "
"But, but maybe I can make a nice, complete, and accurate PSOGC database/app/smthing (drops... items... stats...), yeah ?... Oh noes! shift-click doesn't work, CTRL-C neither !"
"Save As ? Nice try but no !"

Seriously though, someone told me that Sylverant code for parsing Itemrt.gsl / .afs can't be trusted (after I had just added a few strategically placed fprintf() and stuff to get CSV formatted data for item boxes/drops, my own hackish way).
Is public Tethealla code accurate in this regard ?
What about Fuzziqer ?

I attached some of the data I got out of PSOV2 and GC (for GC I had no accurate Item List with item data to refer to, and hadn't made a Monster list yet which is why there's a lot of 'Uknown' ;) )

Attachments

• v2drops.txt
    119.5 KB · Views: 6
  • gcdrops.txt
    653.1 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
In aselia, all config files have been changed to JSON... but none of it's tools have been released yet (nor the server for that matter).

ItemPMT is a long shot as that one actually changes compared to BB, my BB version already exports to SQLite db (which is used in Ultima to generate an item database).

ItemRT, I guess you could import that in my latest version and export it as JSON (a different version than the file, meant to be used as source for a drop table, in use in Ultima), the file would require an adjustment (adding dummy EP4 data so it meets the size expected by the tool).

BattleParam, sadly I don't have any export for this, although the latest version works with JSON so you could import the binary there and export as JSON and work with that... however idk if the files are actually the same.

I was gonna make an ItemPT export at some point but is so much data that I left that out... I do have a new version for JSON but would be a pain to set up a webpage with that.

Structs of stuff are in teth code so that should be fine, I mean, I based my work mostly on that.

Kudos to you on these tools. Made a lot of things possible in a convenient way.

You probably don't have ItemRT since that's something we implemented not long ago.
You can load the "legacy" and it will build an ItemRT inside the program that you can save afterwards.
But the login will require a small change to make use of this file.

Would you mind elaborating on this Soly? I have 2 queries:

1. How do you actually generate an ItemRT.gsl file from the pre-existing files for Teth? Or is it obtained from previous instances of Teth? The word 'legacy' threw me off as you said it hadn't been around for long o_O

2. How difficult is it to implement the change in the login server? I've added custom things regarding the ship source (and learned quite a few things thanks to you and a few other people) but I've not messed with login or patch and a little worried about messing up structures if my first question is resolved.

I know you said you could upload a compiled login_server to reflect these modifications, so if you don't wanna share your source, is that still an option?

Thanks as always. :)

How do you actually generate an ItemRT.gsl file from the pre-existing files for Teth? Or is it obtained from previous instances of Teth? The word 'legacy' threw me off as you said it hadn't been around for long
Sadly I no longer support those text files... I did at some point...
I think I have a default ItemRT.json (new format I use in my C# server) but the tool can export gsl, so I guess I can at least give you that.

How difficult is it to implement the change in the login server? I've added custom things regarding the ship source (and learned quite a few things thanks to you and a few other people) but I've not messed with login or patch and a little worried about messing up structures if my first question is resolved.
It basically just dumps the data from the gsl file into the "structure" in the login... is a few lines of code..
Do you have the project on github or somewhere?

Ah, that’s a shame. :(
Still, to be expected if you’ve rewritten the server in a different language I suppose, things become obsolete >.<

Yeah sure, I’d take the .json file if it’s going, can’t hurt to have it.
I assume if the tool can export to .gsl, the issue is actually reading the json file into ItemRT in the first place?

Currently I don’t, no :s
Like I said, I haven’t touched the source for login or patch at all really, it’s a standard Teth login server for all intents and purposes.
Will happily put it up on GitHub though if you like? Appreciate the help :)

Back