Set your PSO to HIGH priority now!!

@Spuz I'm like 90% sure setting my buff slave machine to "high priority" was causing more crashes (specifically on /lobby or when exiting a quest).

I have no way to be sure, but I wasn't seeing any performance improvements anyway so I stopped using it.

*shrug*

Just go to your PSO folder, create a shortcut for PsoBB.exe and in the "Target" box type in "%windir%\system32\cmd.exe /c start /high" without quotation marks and make sure there's 1 space between that string and the file location string.

Should look like this when you're done
%windir%\system32\cmd.exe /c start /high R:\EphineaPSO\PsoBB.exe (underlined will be different on your pc depending where you have PSO installed)

then you can Pin it to your Start Menu or put it on your desktop and you'll automatically run PSO at High Priority. You can customize an Icon to it if you want to make it look more "presentable" to you. You can still choose the game options and whether PSO runs in borderless or Classic fullscreen via the Ephinea launcher and then run the shortcut, but if you launch the game through the launcher you'll still run at Normal Priority. I'll make a quick video so you don't get confused.

I only just got around to doing this, been doing it manually everytime.

But even after following video exactly, it doesn't seem to work for me. Picture below of what loads instead of PSO, (the black box thingy). (And the box properties)

Attachments

• dllhost_2017-02-27_12-20-34.png
    dllhost_2017-02-27_12-20-34.png
    37.9 KB · Views: 22
  • explorer_2017-02-27_12-20-52.png
    explorer_2017-02-27_12-20-52.png
    12.7 KB · Views: 20
I only just got around to doing this, been doing it manually everytime.

But even after following video exactly, it doesn't seem to work for me. Picture below of what loads instead of PSO, (the black box thingy). (And the box properties)

You could use mine.

Put this into notepad, save, change extension to ".bat"

Code:
@echo off
TIMEOUT /T 15 /NOBREAK
wmic process where name="psobb.exe" CALL setpriority "high priority"
cmd /k

Right click it, make shortcut. In advanced properties, run shortcut as admin. Double click shortcut, and then within 15 seconds double click launcher and start game.

If you want the window to close itself (you have no interest in checking the return value later to see if it actually worked or not), get rid of the "cmd /k" line.

You could use mine.

Put this into notepad, save, change extension to ".bat"

Code:
@echo off
TIMEOUT /T 15 /NOBREAK
wmic process where name="psobb.exe" CALL setpriority "high priority"
cmd /k

Right click it, make shortcut. In advanced properties, run shortcut as admin. Double click shortcut, and then within 15 seconds double click launcher and start game.

If you want the window to close itself (you have no interest in checking the return value later to see if it actually worked or not), get rid of the "cmd /k" line.

Ok, i didn't follow at all at first (because i was unsure about what notepad but appears to just be any random) but i saw a guide online which had pictures. The 15 seconds was way to short so i upped it to 30 and it worked great. Though I might give it a bit. Gotta press this everytime now though, but at least i can do through the launcher. Thanks.

Last edited:
Back