S-rank price fixing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
No one asked anyone else to be their teacher. Nothing decides a price except the balance of value between the buyer and the seller. Create discussions all you want, in the end its nothing more than wanting validation because you're not powerful enough on your own to convince seller/s. The end.

"Nothing decides a price except the balance of value between the buyer and the seller."

Exactly. Cartel pricing runs contrary to this.

Also, I'm pretty sure I could negotiate a better price for myself if I was given the chance.

Well, maybe not after this out of spite for me. But prior to this, yes. I'm a very reasonable person. I spend 8 hours a day overcoming objections and helping people find viable solutions. (This is why I've been able to remain so civil in the face of all the personal attacks.)

Furthermore, cartel pricing is put into place to stop apt negotiators and bargain hunters from attaining a better price. One could be a fantastic price negotiator and never even get the CHANCE to negotiate a better price if the cartel refuses to listen to him. If someone finds himself unable to negotiate a better price because of an arbitrary blockade, that is not because of a lack of negotiation skill.

In fact, I am currently negotiating on a macro-economic scale in an effort to dismantle this system so we can return to individual negotiations.

In that respect, and in respect to the number of attacks I've deflected, both warranted and unwarranted, I think I am very good at negotiating.

Last edited:
Lol Ade, thanks for the entertainment in this thread. Hopefully we may all carry on now.

"Nothing decides a price except the balance of value between the buyer and the seller."

Exactly. Cartel pricing runs contrary to this.

The problem is, no one else is stepping up to offer a better price. Perhaps because learning cmode is in fact, hard, and takes more time than the possible 12 pds are worth? This price change is not new, and when it was first mentioned people were all jumping on the cmode train only to jump off shortly after because 2hard.

Correction: The problem is no one else is stepping up to offer a better price YET.

If 20 PDs isn't the problem, perhaps the community will have a problem with how that figure was determined / enforced.

And to go full circle:

That price was determined / enforced by participating in questionable activities that are considered illegal in most actual economies and are held as widely unethical everywhere else. It makes the purveyors appear very disrespectful to the community. My hope is, now that S-rank buyers are aware of this, that their disgust with this process will cause them to cease doing business.

I think you need to realise it's still not cartelling, so to speak. We're a group of friends that do C-Mode together, so essentially we're like 1 company that does business. Of course the prices are going to be the same between us, why would we fight for sales when we have to help each other?

When Vex and his friends did C, prices stayed low because we had to "fight" for sales, and there was competition. There simply isn't now, and we personally feel that 10-12PDs is not worth our time, and who knows, maybe Vex feels the same now (or maybe not), you never know.

You need to stop painting us in this negative light as if we're worse than dirt, when really it's just the seller deciding they don't want to sell lower than a certain price.

I don't think you're worse than dirt. I think you're incorrect in asserting that 10-12 PDs isn't worth your time, and you're trying to get us to agree with that.

I urge you to find a better return for your time.

But even that still wasn't good enough; you wanted more...and you all agreed not to compete with each other. You aren't all a "business" in a traditional sense. You can call yourselves whatever you like, but you've all agreed to charge this same [high] price and won't allow each other to negotiate with buyers on an individual basis. THAT is a cartel.

I work for an actual business, and there are plenty of other people who do my same job. However, as individuals purveyors of our business, we understand there are different situations with customers that require different approaches. This means we don't do everything the exact same way every time. That's how actual business works.

Cartels prevent the doing of actual business by removing the negotiating aspect.

You won't work with me on a deal? I won't do business with you, and neither should anyone else, in my opinion.

Are you bad guys? No. However, I think this ONE ACTIVITY in which you're partaking is bad for the multitude of reasons listed thus far.

None of this is personal, so please don't take it that way =/

Last edited:
I cannot be bothered to read anymore. So I am going to say this:

Everyone has made their points and their is no need for points of the same anymore. It is simply just circling. Ade's has accomplished to do what he wanted, a thread in which everyone has read and will remember and everyone else has made their points. So all in all what is left to do? Naffin.

Please all kindly take your hands away from the keyboard and go play some challenge mode instead.

Yes. I hope a great many of you do that, and participate in the entrepreneurial opportunities of competitive business. Everyone would win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back