Recons with no aggro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's pretty clear that this issue is widespread enough that a fix should be deployed. Recons are intended to pose an additional threat along with other mobs, so when they don't aggro, it weakens the challenge of the game.

Can we get an administrative perspective on this issue? Thanks guys.

Can we get an administrative perspective on this issue? Thanks guys.
Administrative perspective is not I nor Tofuman knows how to make AI changes at the moment. No idea why recons are broken for some, but we both don't have the same to dig into the assembly and figure out a fix right now.

If anyone else feels the need or wants to dig through the code and solve the problem, as well as provide the code fixes to us, then we will patch the game with the fix.

In the mean time, nothing can be done about it. Topic locked. Future fix can be PM'd to a forum Administrator if found, we will implement it, credit you, and post the update in this topic.

Have a nice day!

So I'm bumping this up against because reasons.

The entire reason for this particular bug was Eidolon's Addon Plugin, but it has since recently been updated to fix this bug. You can download the latest version here, although if you're still on an old version for some reason, you'll need to redownload your plugins.

People who don't update this plugin and abuse this exploit will face severe consequences, such as being left alone and being able to play PSOBB uninterrupted by Recons. Don't forget that fun is still not allowed though.

Seems like addons and plugins are causing issues lately. (Mag crashes, recon no aggro, etc.)

Probably should update the FAQ to have people test with a vanilla client when they experience weird bugs before reporting them.

Good work on finding the reason for lazy recons!

Reactions: Ade
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back