Recons with no aggro.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ade

;3
Hi Team,

Over the last week or so, I've not had any Recons attack me in Seabed. This is regardless of whether I'm in a quest or free field. They just hover over the Recobox and do nothing. Is this an issue with my client, or is something borked? I haven't downloaded any mods that would have changed their behavior, so this is very confusing. Also, I don't want any unfair advantages. Recons can be extremely dangerous to high-level players, and I don't want to lose my edge.

I haven't checked in Tower, but I'm guessing it's the same deal.

Thanks.

Lol, this, happens to me on two recobox in 2c4. So annoying when I'm trying to target the box.

I thought Girth's quest was just bugged. lolwut? (Also it doesn't do it in tower for me - just seabed).

Reinstalling usually fixes it

.....Why did it even break tho? Reinstalling sounds like so much effort. Will reinstalling change my settings (saved in my registry)?

I had this happen to me for a bit of time on Schthack many years ago. Never identified the cause and it eventually fixed itself. Nothing I tried changed the behavior but trying a reinstall probably wouldn't hurt.

I don't know why it happens, sometimes the client just breaks. This is probably related to the glitch where targets move up from their original position and probably some others. If you're worried about losing your settings you can backup the registry file at HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SonicTeam\PSOBB\Ephinea.

I have since played other seabed quests.

It seems that ONLY lost chaos calibur has bugged recons for me. Everything else works fine.

(So I'm not gonna bother reinstalling, and will instead lay all the blame on @GuardianGirth, HOWEVER his tower quests work fine which is really strange - I might have to play LCC again to make sure it's still bugged for me)

Recon parameters can indeed "bug" them, I'm not 100% on their variables though.

Also having the recon no target buff.

Although honestly the last time I remember being hit by one was before the event.. I don't think the ones in fiasco were working either.

No complaints though - BestChangeEphinea2017.

Okay. I just did a 1-person Mode Seabed run and none of them attacked me there either, so no, it's not just Girth's quests. Can anyone else confirm if any Recons are attacking them anywhere at all? If not, then it's something with the server. If so, then I need to do a reinstall. I would like to avoid this if possible.

Okay. I just did a 1-person Mode Seabed run and none of them attacked me there either, so no, it's not just Girth's quests. Can anyone else confirm if any Recons are attacking them anywhere at all? If not, then it's something with the server. If so, then I need to do a reinstall. I would like to avoid this if possible.
Ever since the first day of RT/TTF/POD HBR I have been getting the no aggro thing, even in Challenge Mode. I recall one instance in a MA2V2 where one Recon did aggro though, for whatever reason. Now it's like they were removed from the game. RIP bomb triggers.

I'm 99% sure this is a server-wide issue. Nobody that I play with has any aggro from Recons, either.

I think this is important because they are supposed to add a legitimate challenge to the game. Is a fix possible? I'm sure it has to be...

I'm wondering if this is something that has to do with the host. When I played 2c4 with another US player a few states away, I always get clobbered by recons. Now that I play an extremely laggy 2c4 with a EU player, recons are completely pacified and basically non-existent but it still functions properly to the host.

they've been broken for me for a while but i assumed it had something to do with the barta/desert lag fixes i installed

i thought i was a secret accidental hacker this whole time :(

I'm wondering if this is something that has to do with the host. When I played 2c4 with another US player a few states away, I always get clobbered by recons. Now that I play an extremely laggy 2c4 with a EU player, recons are completely pacified and basically non-existent but it still functions properly to the host.

Please fix so this foney gets bombed :3

To date I've only had issues in Girth quests, but I haven't played RT in a while so idk maybe it broke for me too.

You're all hackers.
It's like playing minesweeper when I go into seabeds :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back