Re-balancing/Fixing underused classes classes

KidaRad

We all know that some classes in PSO are overused while others are barely ever used by anyone besides those that don't know better, those that don't mix-max, those that just like their aesthetics, or by those who have played everything else and/or don't care about it in the first place.

But from a gamer standpoint, I'd assume that a developer would like all classes to be played while having a proper use, without being outclassed in pretty much every aspect they are supposedly designed for.

So how would you guys go on about fixing the problems that some classes show in PSO?

I'm not going to start stating my opinion/ideas in the opening post just so I don't lead the discussion to certain problems/classes.

Last edited:
I know they won't change class balance, nor do I want them to, but I never did understand why every RA has more HP than their HU counterpart.

"Oh, you get to stand further away so it's harder to get hit? Let's give you more HP than the guy on the front lines."

Nice work, Sega. :p

Mat count fix for Huney/Foney was the best thing they ever got. Huney literally cannot max mind, which is one of her most useful attributes, and Foney in general has to pick and choose between maxing certain things iirc. Mines never been more than a nuke/support so I cant rightly say.

I know they won't change class balance, nor do I want them to, but I never did understand why every RA has more HP than their HU counterpart.

"Oh, you get to stand further away so it's harder to get hit? Let's give you more HP than the guy on the front lines."

I am going to guess Sega did not want to end up like the old Squaresoft games. Fighter classes would have Power, Hp, Defense and Evasion. No magic defense but enemies would still have to hit them 10 times with magic to kill them. Thus making all their fighter classes unstoppable.

Mat count fix for Huney/Foney was the best thing they ever got. Huney literally cannot max mind, which is one of her most useful attributes, and Foney in general has to pick and choose between maxing certain things iirc. Mines never been more than a nuke/support so I cant rightly say.

It is possible to max FOney, while even maintaining a V801 unit slot. But the rest have to be units that increase stats across the board + RR and you'll need a tailored mag and nearly all your mats. I've planned it out. Can't speak for HUney though.

So how would you guys go on about fixing the problems that some classes show in PSO?
by not trying to balance a 15-year-old pvm game

there's always going to be a "the best" option in any game you play that has class choices in it

at this point people should just stop worrying and if they want to play a humar or a racaseal they should play a goddamn humar or racaseal

It would be easier to balance classes with class specific items, but. I doubt it will happen.

Not that I'm against it, but it's still not easy, and it's not popular.

I can't even figure out a way to make an example without thinking about it a long ass time lol

It's a...very strange design decision, but doesn't matter really due to how the game works I guess. Either you get knocked down and don't get 1 shot and you're fine anyway or you're "too tanky" and can get combo'd and die anyway.

Reactions: Ade
I think they're fine how they areeeee
Most of the time you're trading effectiveness for cuteness (RAcast - RAcl, HUcast - HUcl)
I don't know if I'm in the minority here;
I kind of like having 'BAD', 'SUB-OPTIMAL', 'FILTHY CASUAL' classes around.
They make the game a little harder!

Some changes I would like are normalized/balanced trap growth for all casts and Clio for HUney.
(But I don't expect these to happen and Ephinea is great how it is and stuff)

Last edited:
I think it's possible to max Huney, just barely though.
Unless I did something wrong, 71 pow/5 def/76 mind/48 dex mag, 2x centurion ability, 1x v101, 1x adept, 89 pow mats, 28 mind mats, 30 eva mats, 3 luck mats.
1240/1237 ATP, 628/589 DFP, 1178/1177 MST, 199/199 ATA, 811/811 EVP, 101/100 LCK.

Yes, it's possible but you lose ALL unit freedom. A lot of people forego maxing mind/eva in place to compensate. If you want shiny gold numbers you lose v801/V502. V502 bein the one that really hurts in a lotta cases.

It is possible to max FOney, while even maintaining a V801 unit slot. But the rest have to be units that increase stats across the board + RR and you'll need a tailored mag and nearly all your mats. I've planned it out. Can't speak for HUney though.
V101, V801, Smartlink is kind of mandatory for FOnl, and when using all three units you can't have 580 ATP, max ATA, max MST. Taking off V101 and Smartlink significantly nerfs FOnl melee potential, more than the ATP/ATA stats you get from stat units. Theoretically.

I'm guessing there have been zero changes to the material caps / max stats of classes? Thinking about planning out my Racaseal, but want to make sure I'm not missing any information.

Back