Rare Slime "Pipe Trick" Not Working?

felidaes

Guildcard
There was an old trick I (think I?) used on Sega where you could split slimes, then simply pipe up/down and resplit them to get rare slimes. I've now spent an hour and a half making over 1,500 new slimes, and not a single one was rare. That's over a 95% chance of seeing a rare slime and not. So I was wondering if this trick does not work on Ephinea? Has anyone used it to successfully make a rare slime? Thanks!

Last edited:
There was an old trick I used on Sega where you could split slimes, then simply pipe up/down and resplit them to get rare slimes. I've now spent an hour and a half making over 1,500 new slimes, and not a single one was rare. That's over a 95% chance of seeing a rare slime and not. So I was wondering if this trick does not work on Ephinea? Has anyone used it to successfully make a rare slime? Thanks!
This doesn't work in Blue Burst. This worked offline in Gamecube/Xbox because those versions roll rare enemies each time you enter an area, but that's not the case in online play on those versions. The server decides rare enemies in Blue Burst and tells the clients once per game initialization and once per quest load.

You might have also noticed a few quirks don't work anymoar like Kicking thru locked doors X'D! However, some weird phantom walls in ruins final room are still there~! And no...we can no longer "Walk" out of the guild quest counter room into space towards Ragol....so nope....just Nope! =PpPpPpP',',','

This doesn't work in Blue Burst. This worked offline in Gamecube/Xbox because those versions roll rare enemies each time you enter an area, but that's not the case in online play on those versions. The server decides rare enemies in Blue Burst and tells the clients once per game initialization and once per quest load.
I swear I've used this trick on a Blue Burst server. Is it possible this worked on Schtserv? I'm talking the slimes that split from the originals. Because in my head, I was thinking this doesn't work for any rare monsters but split slimes for the very reason you gave, yet I cannot find that information anywhere online, which means I've either heard it from others firsthand or I've done it myself.

Thanks for the help!

It also did not work on Vanilla USA Sega BB.

It literally only works offline because of how enemy data is loaded in offline mode.

If anyone insists otherwise, they are incorrect or mistaken.

Maybe it worked for a Schtserv GC player who was in offline mode when it happened, so they associated it with Schtserv. That's the most plausible explanation.

Back