Rare item message

adamck

Probably insignificant, but earlier today I picked up a regular cane and the message appeared that I had received a rare item

Lol, gg, nice. We'll have to look at our starvalue offset table.

Speaking of which, yesterday I found two Diska of Liberator (same game) and neither me nor the other player received any message.

The rare message should only occur if the drop is from the drop tables. I can't see a Cane in the current drop tables so that is quite strange. We'll need to enable logging to debug the issue because the star value offset is definitely correct.

I assume that the Cane remained a cane when it was in your inventory?

Oddly enough whenever I pick up a rare red box weapon it doesn't display the message that I've picked up a rare weapon.

I find this odd. As I found a Branch of Paku Paku after you turned this on, and a Hildebear Head and it said their names. However I also haven't found so much as a PD since. And that's after farming the first half of Lost Heat Sword for hours.

I was playing with my brother yesterday and twice we got the message that he picked up a special weapon, when actually it was just an unidentified Halbert both times. Worked fined with the other actual special weapons we found though.

Tofu figured out the issue, but we'll have to restart the ship to fix.

Back