Rare Findings and/or Accomplishment Thread

My endless SJS hunt continues. I'm up to 15,590 Gi Gues killed since the beginning of April. (The drop rate is 1/12,604.)

It's bad enough that this hunt has been very unlucky, but I've been PD'ed 48 times.

That said, Gi Gues appear to drop PDs at a rate of approximately 1/325, which is interesting.

This is a rough estimate, but if I take my past SJS hunts:

1. 37 PDs on GameCube
2. 20 PDs on Schtserv
3. 53 PDs on Ephinea (I'm sure I had at least 5 Gi Gue PDs prior to this hunt)

= 110 PDs

That's a total of 35,750 Skyly Gi Gues killed in my life, with 0 SJS to show for it. (This is a rough estimate assuming my PD appearance rate is normal.)

The chances of a 1/12,604 event not occurring in 35,750 attempts (I've actually done even worse than this thanks to various DAR / RDR boosts), is 5.87%.

So, if 100 people did my same hunt, on average 94 to 95 of them would have found a SJS.

(77% of them would have found 2 or more.)

I think I can safely say I am the unluckiest SJS hunter in the history of the game. I can't think of anyone who has hunted it more. Not even Warren.

I think when people are unlucky that other people subconsciously assume that there's something wrong with that person, or they're doing something wrong. It's an upsetting feeling.

My patience is infinite. I will bend the universe to my iron will.

Wanna do some hunts with me, Ade? Maybe what you need is a change of pace from just doing resets... Why not a full PW4?

Wanna do some hunts with me, Ade? Maybe what you need is a change of pace from just doing resets... Why not a full PW4?

I appreciate the offer, but I must decline. I want to pick it up on my own screen.

If the last auction is any indication of an SJS' approximate value, I literally have enough PDs on hand to buy 7 of them. That's not the point. I just...I NEED to know that I can beat really, really, REALLY bad luck.

I don't know why this is important to me. I just want to feel like I can win something.

Last edited:
But then if you continue calculating even 100k kills still stay 99,99xxxx chance and further kills let the chance slower rising (did the bernoulli thing for sjs a long time ago lol during my own hunt) so be prepared for much more gigue pds.

But then if you continue calculating even 100k kills still stay 99,99xxxx chance and further kills let the chance slower rising (did the bernoulli thing for sjs a long time ago lol during my own hunt) so be prepared for much more gigue pds.

Of course. At any given time, your next SJS is 7k to 10k Gi Gues away on average. Every time you kill one, you're Sisyphus rolling the boulder back up the hill. I understand, fren :3

I want to show that I'm stronger than any number the game can throw at me. I'll hunt it to the point where my bad luck becomes a near mathematical impossibility before I back down. (That was determined to be somewhere in the 200k range killed, btw; the chances of a 1/12,604 event not occurring in 200k attempts is basically approaching impossible, from the perspective of general human cognitive limitations.)

Even if I'm not the greatest player ever, I take pride in knowing that almost nobody could stomach this, but I can.

IDC if someone else finds a SJS. There isn't a finite number of them.

PD # 51 dropped.

17,075 killed now.

I've had great luck on this server. I have items that one could search for years and not find. (45h HS, 55h Snow Queen- to name a couple.) This is just an old hunt I want to finish to see if I can do it. Nobody is "rubbing anything in." I'm doing just fine.

The patience this hunt imparts on me will be more valuable than any item obtained by dumb luck.

I"m also happy when high ticket items drop. If more of those happen, maybe the stupid hyper inflation will go down someday.

17,900 killed. Still stuck at 51 PDs.

That screenshot of “SJSb4Ade” didn’t initially bother me until I saw who made the game by examining the screenshot a bit more closely. The red jewel player is one of the luckiest players on the server. He has found multiple SJS, a 100% hit Yunchang, a 100% hit Charge Arms, and probably other crazy shit I’m not even aware of.

If two people put in similar efforts into an RNG based game and one person gets luckier than the other, that doesn’t make the lucky person a better player.

However, the fortunate poking fun at the less fortunate is messed up. I wasn’t mad before, but now that I know who said that, I’m very upset.

I’m not saying anything needs to be done about this because it’s that person’s right to say whatever the hell they want, but it’s my right to say that’s wrong.

Last edited:
I've played with them before, they are actually very nice. I don't think they were really trying to ridicule you Ade, you certainly of all people don't deserve anything like that. The term 'fortunate' really doesn't have much meaning in a game, it's just a matter of you get what you get and it shouldn't go to anyone's head. Forget and forgive, I say. It's really a petty thing without much meaning.

Reactions: Ade
I've played with them before, they are actually very nice. I don't think they were really trying to ridicule you Ade, you certainly of all people don't deserve anything like that. The term 'fortunate' really doesn't have much meaning in a game, it's just a matter of you get what you get and it shouldn't go to anyone's head. Forget and forgive, I say. It's really a petty thing without much meaning.

Oh, I know the person is normally very nice. That's why I'm so disappointed.

I suppose the notion of getting a SJS means a lot to you, so I can understand.

Reactions: Ade
Back