Rare Findings and/or Accomplishment Thread

CuUlff2.jpg

My first 200!

The voyage finally came to an end... or was it only the beginning...

First time completing 2C4 with 2 players for @ElenorCamuel and I. First time completing 2C4 in over 6 years for the both of us... And we completed it on our first try! :D 1h44m! Ouch...

Area 23 was a fucking disaster... XD I was sure we'd never make it to the boss at that point.

pso131510453734123321-jpg.5028

pso131510534015862518-jpg.5029

There were a lot of "Hmm, I feel like I vaguely remember this..." from @ElenorCamuel. Like "Hmm, I feel like I vaguely remember having to stand on this left platform and waiting to get warped...", or "Hmm, I feel like I vaguely remember killing those sinows in the dark..." and to me to answer every time "Huh? Really? OMG, I don't remember that AT ALL...".

Yup, I'm getting old...

Attachments

• pso131510453734123321.jpg
    pso131510453734123321.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 232
  • pso131510534015862518.jpg
    pso131510534015862518.jpg
    230.3 KB · Views: 232
Using Live-off-the-Land rules, solo, no trades except to evolve mags. It's always a bit of a struggle at first, limited in this case to Cross Scars and Dragon Slayers, Attribute Plate and Hunter Wall. Then I found this one day:
pso131205680397289199.jpg

So, along with her 35h Zero Divide and Kasami Bracer that she found by accident while grinding out quests, she was coming along nicely! But then I realized that Oran can find everything to make a From the Depths, except for Secret Gear which had to be gambled. Well, getting that Secret Gear took longer than anything else but I got it eventually (and lots of helpful God/HPs on the way). But then it was time to get serious...
pso131510945445385074.jpg

Thirty-six hours later...
pso131510945819888181.jpg

Had to try it out as soon as I made it! Excuse me, Claire...
pso131510959065449279.jpg

I know solo LotL play seems like a weird way to play to most, I totally get that, but there's such a sense of accomplishment in finding everything yourself. This may be the first character I ever take to 200. Now to find that Slicer of Fanatic with hit!

Attachments

• pso131510972166134530.jpg
    pso131510972166134530.jpg
    366.7 KB · Views: 38
I know solo LotL play seems like a weird way to play to most, I totally get that, but there's such a sense of accomplishment in finding everything yourself. This may be the first character I ever take to 200. Now to find that Slicer of Fanatic with hit!

Not at all ^_^ This is the first server where I have actually traded with people. There is a definitely a sense of accomplishment in finding your own gear! Grats on your new shield ^_^

@phantasystarved first off, super grats on all your solo mode accomplishments.

My hunl uses that costume. Looks great. I like using the toy hammer model on excal(model swap). It matches so well! Your zero divide looks crazy good with that costume, too.

Totally jelly of your awesome mag. I was planning on doing an opa-opa because i thought it would match well. Now im thinking sato might...

What's LotL solo rules? Just no trading? I think that's what I'm doing now. It is a lot of fun.
Hi Grindahol, love your name, by the way!

LotL (Live off the Land) is a playstyle whereby, and this can be with any gear-collecting game as I started doing this with Diablo II way back in the day, you're only allowed to use items and equipment that you find yourself.
Edit: More specifically, equipment that specific character finds themselves!

Last edited:
Hi Grindahol, love your name, by the way!

LotL (Live off the Land) is a playstyle whereby, and this can be with any gear-collecting game as I started doing this with Diablo II way back in the day, you're only allowed to use items and equipment that you find yourself.
Edit: More specifically, equipment that specific character finds themselves!

haha thanks

I think I've done that about 99% of the way. Had to trade around my mag to make Sato, of course!

I'm curious, what levels do you advance to the next difficulty? Like you need at least 20, 40, or 80 to play in Hard, VH, Or Ultimate. For me, I seem to need about 10-20 more levels higher than the minimums to actually survive them. And I still get hit with criticals more often than not.

haha thanks

I think I've done that about 99% of the way. Had to trade around my mag to make Sato, of course!

I'm curious, what levels do you advance to the next difficulty? Like you need at least 20, 40, or 80 to play in Hard, VH, Or Ultimate. For me, I seem to need about 10-20 more levels higher than the minimums to actually survive them. And I still get hit with criticals more often than not.

You are not wrong about that. Sega never intended for you to be in ep IV Ult at level 80. Despite things being different on GC, Blueburst had different level requirements as seen below from a post by @Lileya:

BTW, I just wanted to point out, because nobody has mentioned that yet (unless I missed it), lvl80 is not the official Sega Ultimate level requirement. The official Sega server had these requirements:

Lvl90 Episode I
Lvl100 Episode II
Lvl110 Episode IV

Hard and Vhard had similar increments (lvl20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70). So the "drag" through very hard was even longer on Sega server. The lvl requirement has already been altered on this server compared to the real "Vanilla" experience.

(I'm aware Ultimate lvl requirement was 80 on PSO GC :p But this is BlueBurst afterall.)

That said there are useful things you can hunt in VHard that will help you out a lot before you get to ULT. You are playing with things you mostly find yourself so you won't be able to have the same level success in ULT as a character that has fully used their materials and transferred overpowered equipment relative to their level. Things you can hunt in vhard depending on your ID that could serve you well are God/Arm and Heavenly/Arms, God/Power and Heavenly/Power, God/HP and God/Battle.

If you aren't playing with items you find exclusively, you could probably get some of these items for relatively little. Also @anime has a giveaway thread under the trade list subforum with some items that may be useful for you.

haha thanks

In LotL play, It's all about HP units and 4-slot armors that can hold them, especially with Dark Falz. Using Oran as an example again, they're one of the IDs that get Dragon/HP units off of rare Lilies in Normal difficulty. Finding a handful of these makes the rest of your adventuring life a ton easier. Then you'll need a Battle unit to help with your attack speed and recovery time. Other than that, it's all about judging your distance from enemies and sidestepping their attacks. Little things that you learn like not starting melee attacks too close, not using the final attack unless 100% safe, stunlocking foes with timed gunshots, luring enemies to attack then stepping behind them, using your menu to avoid collision with enemies, etc. Because there's nothing you can do about how often monsters crit you except to not get hit!

I have to smile a bit as I realize that we just had a server-wide discussion about the widespread notion of "the game doesn't start until Ultimate difficulty" and here I am talking about hunting rare enemies on Normal, haha. Thats okay, I'll keep secret how often I hunted rare Rappies on Normal for their HP Material on my Gamecube... oops...

Edit: Anyone remember the brutal hell that awaited you with the original Ultimate mode on Dreamcast? Crikey!We have it easy now.

Last edited:
In LotL play, It's all about HP units and 4-slot armors that can hold them, especially with Dark Falz. Using Oran as an example again, they're one of the IDs that get Dragon/HP units off of rare Lilies in Normal difficulty. Finding a handful of these makes the rest of your adventuring life a ton easier. Then you'll need a Battle unit to help with your attack speed and recovery time. Other than that, it's all about judging your distance from enemies and sidestepping their attacks. Little things that you learn like not starting melee attacks too close, not using the final attack unless 100% safe, stunlocking foes with timed gunshots, luring enemies to attack then stepping behind them, using your menu to avoid collision with enemies, etc. Because there's nothing you can do about how often monsters crit you except to not get hit!

I have to smile a bit as I realize that we just had a server-wide discussion about the widespread notion of "the game doesn't start until Ultimate difficulty" and here I am talking about hunting rare enemies on Normal, haha. Thats okay, I'll keep secret how often I hunted rare Rappies on Normal for their HP Material on my Gamecube... oops...

Edit: Anyone remember the brutal hell that awaited you with the original Ultimate mode on Dreamcast? Crikey!We have it easy now.

Thanks for the advice! I'm making some of those adjustments for sure, like learning spacing/timing. I have all ATP accessories in my slots and often resort to tanking but I am starting to get annoyed with how messy and ungraceful that is. Especially with these speedy dieminians that flank like crazy on Very Hard, there's just no tanking that.

You are not wrong about that. Sega never intended for you to be in ep IV Ult at level 80. Despite things being different on GC, Blueburst had different level requirements as seen below from a post by @Lileya:

That said there are useful things you can hunt in VHard that will help you out a lot before you get to ULT. You are playing with things you mostly find yourself so you won't be able to have the same level success in ULT as a character that has fully used their materials and transferred overpowered equipment relative to their level. Things you can hunt in vhard depending on your ID that could serve you well are God/Arm and Heavenly/Arms, God/Power and Heavenly/Power, God/HP and God/Battle.

If you aren't playing with items you find exclusively, you could probably get some of these items for relatively little. Also @anime has a giveaway thread under the trade list subforum with some items that may be useful for you.

That's good to know-- I sort of figured the minimum level could be for people who are experienced, geared up, and in a party with similarly experienced and geared up friends.

I think I'm sticking with LotL rules for now. I'm enjoying the challenge a lot. I sort of misjudged the game, thinking you just level until everything is easy, but spacing and movement are really a strong factor and the punishment is real. I think it'll be rewarding to get through Ult like this. :)

Back