Quick question - Quick answer

If you're using PSO2 drops, are they calculated based off the leader's section ID or each player's section ID?

Eg - Leader is Yellowboze, player 2 is Pinkal. Will both players get drops from Yellowboze or does player 2 get the Pinkal drops?

Edit: I couldn't find this answer anywhere.
Leader’s ID for everyone. You can always doublecheck in game using the “/partyinfo” command =)

@Garral The person who makes the game controls the ID. So if the game maker is Yellow the game will remain Yellow, even if that player leaves.

Is Gibarta useful for anything? Even niche cases. Or should I unbind it and forget it exists.

Is Gibarta useful for anything? Even niche cases. Or should I unbind it and forget it exists.
If you know where to apply it, it can be useful. It has pretty long range and can freeze several things but its speed and angle make it more a tool for certain spawns or positions than for general damage. One of the main uses would be to stop some charging Delbiters and hope to freeze them as well. You can find other places for it to be of use but a lot of it is really situational, and that situation can change based on your position, enemy position, and party-member position, and you have to be able to react accordingly.

Does anyone know what font was used in the DC version of the game and if it's available in the font list of the client?

Does anyone know what font was used in the DC version of the game and if it's available in the font list of the client?
It's Gulim/Dotum, iirc. It doesn't look right in PSOBB as the screen is rendered at a much higher resolution, so the text isn't gigantic.

Considering how much PSO fan art exists, it's actually kind of surprising that nobody has redrawn the console PSO font to make it usable on PC at any size by now.

Gibarta with siren glass hammer can do some mean things in very niche sutuations, like Shambs tail, but PSO tends to like wide spread spawns that don't cone together well.

I am not sure anyone knows the exact font. Dotum is included in the download and often recommended because it is similar, but if you compare it to screens and videos of the console versions, they are definitely different. The consoles appear to use a monospaced font and use a slashed 0 in the menu text, among other less-noticable differences.

Last edited:
The console PSO font is close to being monospace, but not quite, as l and i have less width than the other letters. As far as anybody knows, it's a custom font Sega made just for PSO. It would be great if some artist were willing to sit down and redraw the characters as vector images so that the font would work on a PC and at any size, but I'm not holding my breath that anybody who knows how to do that will want to do so.

Ah, I was actually questioning if it was indeed monospaced looking at it again before posting.

I've kicked around the idea of drawing my own fonts already, and I'd definitely be willing, but I definitely would not hold your breath for me.

On that note though, has the original font ever been extracted?

There are several files with alphabets in them, but it's anybody's guess as to which file actually has the correct textures. The most direct approach would be to grab VGA or component screenshots of all ASCII characters in speech bubbles and work from that. One would think that TextureEnglish.pvm/gvm would be the right file, but the Japanese one is the same size as the other languages, which means it doesn't have the SJIS characters in it.

I don't think I have a setup currently to get such screens, nor the knowledge currently to dig into the files at present, but if a source could be created or obtained, it would be a start at least.

I won't say I am the most qualified to redraw, but I have done some study and work with fonts in school and have enough of an interest to maybe get to it someday. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop?
Depends how many tongues you have. I actually prefer not to lick tootsie pops since they sometimes have those air bubble cracks and my tongue gets sliced to smithereens.
And to be completely honest, I prefer blow pops, but that's just me

Depends how many tongues you have. I actually prefer not to lick tootsie pops since they sometimes have those air bubble cracks and my tongue gets sliced to smithereens.
And to be completely honest, I prefer blow pops, but that's just me

Hahaha!!!

Why does screen locking Vol Opt work with Needles? I know about the tech to ATP bug, but I don't get why Needles can finish Vol Opt 1 off in three screen clusters while having the whole team rush him with regular gear can have it so that he still lives after all screens have been destroyed.

Back