Quick question - Quick answer

Oh yeah, I've been killed this way a few times for sure. This is why I try not to stand too close to Dark Falz, not because he's a threat there, but because if he spins to the exact opposite side and Gibartas, it doesn't leave me time to run even halfway to him. From such a long range he can definitely multihit you, and a second later, multihit you again. All of which can freeze. Then the Darvants, just in case I'm still alive. Whenever I melee this form I knowingly take the risk that this can happen.

right, i'm familiar with multi hit, i was mostly concerned with the latent hit, since it definitely feels lagged. i get dropped consistently to about 150hp from the rabarta, in which case i would normally unfreeze, waltz out of the darvant trap, trimate, and slay. it's that latent hit, man. i never experienced it as a thing until this server which is why i'm confused.

Not sure how far you're stood from Falz, but his Rabarta comes back after hitting the other edge as well. You need to stay relatively close to him.

I've been doing that ever since you answered my question:
How much EIC should one stack for Falz 2? Are there breakpoints?
If you want immunity, 75 EIC will prevent you from ever getting frozen as well as from dying (Freeze Barrier + 3 Resist/Blizzard). You can squeak by with 60 EIC, but you'll still get frozen sometimes. If your goal is to just never die, you should always have 0 EFR so that Rafoie knocks you down and thus can never kill you. If you're a class that gets enough HP to not fall down even with 0 EFR, then you should use Celestial Shield or Attribute Wall to get 30 EFR/EIC at the same time. Cure/Freeze is not very useful, since Rabarta can chain you to death regardless of whether you get frozen. EIC reduces both damage and the likelihood of getting frozen and is therefore the safer option.

Need suggestions on leveling.
Level 92 Humar with nothing amazing in terms of gear. I have a 40h Girasole and a 50h LS on top of a 6/142/52/0 mag. TTF VH is starting to wear down in terms of experience but i'm not too familiar with other quests or popular leveling areas besides TTF. I don't think im quite ready for ULT or anything like that. Any suggestions are appreciated! <3

If you feel the need to stick with VH, try to pull some groups together for EP4 and run something like Lost Son Hopkins (sheer length and number of enemies). If nothing else, jump in some HBR games (provided they aren't reserved) and make it your top effort to tag. Most players rolling high boost are going to be pretty comfortable with 2-3 man runs as is that you won't be holding them back at your level. 80-120 is definitely the toughest spot without great gear to get through so keep at it! I highly recommend picking up a Lt. Mantle (Req Lv 102) and De Rol Le Shield (Req Lv 112) to bolster your defenses for early Ultimate until you get more comfortable. They're relatively cheap to buy.

If you feel the need to stick with VH, try to pull some groups together for EP4 and run something like Lost Son Hopkins (sheer length and number of enemies). If nothing else, jump in some HBR games (provided they aren't reserved) and make it your top effort to tag. Most players rolling high boost are going to be pretty comfortable with 2-3 man runs as is that you won't be holding them back at your level. 80-120 is definitely the toughest spot without great gear to get through so keep at it! I highly recommend picking up a Lt. Mantle (Req Lv 102) and De Rol Le Shield (Req Lv 112) to bolster your defenses for early Ultimate until you get more comfortable. They're relatively cheap to buy.

I'll definitely look into those quests and see if i can find any willing people to run HBRs with me. I don't remember what its called but my barrier is lvl 40 something that boosts defense greatly and gives res to all elements but reduces my evade. Is that good enough to hold onto? I spent all my pd on my girasole unfortunately so until i find some more i'm broke.

That'll be okay for now until you can scrounge up the resources for a better shield. There's a pretty large gap in good shields until level 102 or so, it'll hold you over for now.

Need suggestions on leveling.
Level 92 Humar with nothing amazing in terms of gear. I have a 40h Girasole and a 50h LS on top of a 6/142/52/0 mag. TTF VH is starting to wear down in terms of experience but i'm not too familiar with other quests or popular leveling areas besides TTF. I don't think im quite ready for ULT or anything like that. Any suggestions are appreciated! <3

Pretty much anything can still be fun in VH...tbh I don't want to list them out because there are too many. Go explore some quests...TTF is "the best" exp wise but isn't even fun anymore.

Are the Burning and Tempest specials useful in any situation?

I feel like they are highly underwhelming but maybe I'm using them wrong. If it is completely useless,
how do you feel weapons with these specials could be buffed? ( I know it wont happen but it's fun to daydream )

My ideal would be that Burning applies damage over time & Tempest applies a debuff that electrifies the target and those around the target. (like a spreadable DoT)

Pretty much never sadly. I've always liked the idea of making it so the attack does hard attack damage + bonus damage based on element weakness and some other factor (MST? Level?). It'd still be niche but not utterly useless perhaps.

@Armando-L Tempest can be used on Vol Opt glitching as a solo Hunter. Though Red Handgun should be easily obtainable for this but if you didn't have one a Raygun would suffice aside from that and cmode as ndw suggested, nope.

Burning/Gush on falz depending on your tryhard status.

In general they'll do more work before ultimate, but get shit on once you're there.

Back