Quick question - Quick answer

How much HP do I need to not get knocked down by dorphon lasers?

I don't think you can avoid it, unless super high perhaps. I mean, I've had HP on racast at 22XX (200+all mats), and he still gets knocked down (I think?, can't remember since he died). I suppose you could always test with lvl 200 racast/caseal, all HP mats and HP units, in Sandbox. Idk who's HP is highest but it's gotta be one of them.

How much HP do I need to not get knocked down by dorphon lasers?
Impossible to prevent it through HP alone since IIRC damage dealing more than 20% of your max HP will knock you down.

(Baranz missles deal 200 damage right? You would stop getting knocked down at 1000 HP. If I remembered incorrectly and baranz missles deal 250 damage, then it would be 25%.)
My friend claims wider characters aim easier with mechguns, and also characters with longer arms have actually longer reach when using swords etc. Is this true?
I didn't answer this earlier since I don't know the details.

For arms length, I'm not sure if it affects it, I haven't tested it myself. In the case it was false, some people would actually prefer shorter arms since it allows you to glitch ranged projectiles closer.

I heard shoulder width does affect targeting, but I don't remember which one is preferable.

quick question about the Flowens set.
does the set work with every Flowen Sword? because a while back I looked at other forums and everyone said it only works with the standard Flowen Sword you get on Hard mode.

quick question about the Flowens set.
does the set work with every Flowen Sword? because a while back I looked at other forums and everyone said it only works with the standard Flowen Sword you get on Hard mode.
It only works with the 9 star flowen's (the "standard" flowen's you're talking about).

My friend claims wider characters aim easier with mechguns, and also characters with longer arms have actually longer reach when using swords etc. Is this true?

Proportion does play a role in hotbox size, yes, but it's not something most players should worry about.

http://saarian-j.webs.com/pso.htm

Ctrl+f "proportions"

TL : DR

The optimal character is thought to be one of mid-ish height and short arms (usually quite broad). This may give a slight advantage in using the SN glitch and they won't suck at trapshooting.

You'd have to test long arms and sword reach but it would appear to make SN harder so you'd be trading one for the other at best.

YMMV.

Credit to John for the observations.

Last edited:
I have heard that Smartlink is not required for 'Slicer' type weapons. Is this true?

Edit: Yeah, they said that the Smartlink effect did not apply to slicers. Thanks for the answer!

Last edited:
I have heard that Smartlink is not required for 'Slicer' type weapons. Is this true?
If by "is not required" you mean "doesn't help", then no. It's not true.

Smartlink helps Slicers be more accurate for HU/FO characters.

Edit: Yeah, they said that the Smartlink effect did not apply to slicers. Thanks for the answer!

It's all ranged weaponry.

It "doesn't help" in the sense that you can SNN or SNH just fine without it, due to glitching the ATA of the first attack. If you want to actually SNS though, then eliminating the range penalty will significantly increase the chance of hitting with the last special attack, since you can't glitch that one.

Well, any ranged weapon can be glitched, it's just more often used with slicers (because of ease). But I'd be aiming to get high hit % and SSS (no glitch) as dob, sof etc rape.

Yes, but non-Slicers usually NSN, not SNS, and the question was specifically about Slicers. My point was that the ATA of a second normal attack is so high (and the range of Slicers is so low) that you don't even need to remove the range penalty to have a guaranteed first special hit, but you do need to remove the range penalty if you want to get a third special to hit, since glitching the third hit on any weapon is impossible.

I can't seem to figure out how to convert my Parts of Baranz into the Launcher, I thought there was a quest I have to do in single player but I can't seem to find it, anyone help?

Edit: NVM forgot I have to unlock some quests :)

emmmm... Red Ring question^^

If i equip a red ring, all stats added nonbased or ATP and ATA only?

for example:

Character with 80 Luck. With RR 100 (80) or 100 (100)? Same DFP, MST, EVP.

emmmm... Red Ring question^^

If i equip a red ring, all stats added nonbased or ATP and ATA only?

for example:

Character with 80 Luck. With RR 100 (80) or 100 (100)? Same DFP, MST, EVP.
Stat boosts for LCK and MST behaves differently from the rest: they "add to the base", although I don't remember if a barrier allows you to equip weapons with higher MST requirements.
Stat boosts for other stats all add to the total, effectively those stat boosts are not restricted by character max stats.

My own question: speaking of ranged weapons and smartlink, I've heard of an experiment on GC (i.e. no smartlink) which concluded that Slicer-type weapons actually only have a 5 ATA penalty without smartlink, no matter how close or how far, despite all other weapons having a penalty based on range. Can anyone confirm or disprove this statement (for Blue Burst)?

(Don't quote John's site since that's where I found that experiment.)

Back