Quick question - Quick answer

I have a question. When you complete challenge mode (in under 7 hours), you get an S-Rank weapon. The question is, when you get the S-Rank weapon, does it have one of the random mods on it, or do you need to pay the Galleon shop to put a mod on it (I saw on an old guide that it gets one of the 9 random mods on it when you get it, haven't seen much information on it recently)?

I have a question. When you complete challenge mode (in under 7 hours), you get an S-Rank weapon. The question is, when you get the S-Rank weapon, does it have one of the random mods on it, or do you need to pay the Galleon shop to put a mod on it (I saw on an old guide that it gets one of the 9 random mods on it when you get it, haven't seen much information on it recently)?

Upon completion you select which srank you wish and name it.

AFTER the weapon is made you go to gallons to add special.

You need to unlock the ability to modify es weapons in gallons by completing towers (normal is fine).

What do I need to know about enemy parts? I know they can be transformed into weapons but I forgot which quests, and I think someone mentioned you can add hit or something to them? How? Anything else?

In older versions it comes with random special or something (not too sure), but in newer versions they come without special and you have to add them by visiting Paganini in "Gallon's Shop" quest. In order to actually add specials you need to fulfill Paganini's request (not the quest itself, but a sidequest within the quest) first in the "East Tower" quest. Adding special costs a lot of Photon Drops (30 to 60, you'll usually do the 50 ones.)

More about Gallon's Shop and Paganini in case you don't know: In order to visit Paganini, you have to have Photon Drops in your inventory and talk to Hopkins (the slightly chubby FOnewm near the telepipe area). He'll take you to Paganini. Paganini has three services. The first is the ability to trade all Photon Drops in your inventory for an item which you can choose. Many of them are junk, but there are a few exclusive items here. The second one is adding special to S-Ranks, which is described above. The third one is referred as "Sphering" which allows adding photon attribute (the percents % in the weapons' stats) to weapons, with some constraints. This last one also have to be unlocked, by doing another Paganini's sidequest in "West Tower".

In older versions it comes with random special or something (not too sure)
The guide is incorrectly referencing the V2 S-Rank special. When you get your S-Rank in V2, it automatically comes with "the S-Rank special", so you don't have to add anything to it after the fact (except grinders).

The S-Rank special is randomly chosen every time you attack from the following possibilities: freeze, confuse, paralyse, Hell, Shifta, Deband, Jellen, Zalure, Resta. All specials have perfect accuracy (ATA and EVP are ignored) and perfect activation (ESP is ignored for a 100% success rate), although Hell still uses EDK. Shifta, Deband, Jellen, and Zalure are level 101, while Resta is level 91. All specials are applied to enemies and are chosen per attack, meaning a Shot will apply the same special to all five enemies you hit but will apply a different special for each of your three attacks, while a Mechgun will hit a single enemy with nine (potentially) different specials.

The S-Rank special offers a mixed bag of blessings and curses, as Jellen and Zalure drop enemy ATP and DFP to 0, regardless of what the original values were, while freeze, confuse, and paralyse bypass the shitty fleshy activation rates by not caring about activation at all. Giving a Dark Bringer Shifta by accident will get you killed, but giving a group of Gillchichs Shifta with a Confuse Trap will work strongly in your favour.

All V2 S-Ranks also come with automatic HP and TP recovery, so you don't have to waste having a real special on your S-Rank to get those abilities, as is the case with V3 and V4.

Reactions: Mad
How often do photon drops drop?

Matt said:
PD drop rates have always varied on difficulty, if that's what you're commenting on.

Specifically:

Normal - 0.15% of all Tool drops.
Hard - 0.20% of all Tool drops.
Very Hard - 0.50% of all Tool drops.
Ultimate - 0.80% of all Tool drops.

Regardless of area or ID.
And Tool drops is 1/6 for monsters or something if a rare does not drop, which makes it about 1/750 for monsters on Ultimate, and lower for lower difficulties (1/3000 for Hard for example). Box is probably the same. Someone might be able to assert if what I wrote is true.

Edit: this is assuming 100% DAR, with lower DAR the chance lowers respectively. For example, 50% DAR becomes 0.5/750 = 1/1500 on Ultimate.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mad
How does this HBR ranks thing work? Can you spam it on normal mode to increase it? What else?

why are there so many tryhards and so few people who play pso for fun :(

Any chances for quests like this be translated?

Also is there any missing quests from the original Japanese version not add or everything is already here? If there is something missing any hopes in getting them or they are lost forever?

Reactions: NDW
As emoticon says. 100 for 100%.

I have found that above 90 I pretty much never die too if you cant quite get 100. But there is still a chance of it bting a bitch.

Ob lilly is 69 EDK.
Mill lilly needs 100 EDK.

What is falz megid and gol gibbon? I never bithered to learn since its clearly low.

Oh yeah another one: I want to play another game or games and come back later to try more difficulty levels but if I take like months or a year will the server delete my account? Should I keep login in to maintain my account alive?

Back