Quick question - Quick answer

A. Are there any stats I should avoid increasing on my MAG or via Materials (hunewearl)? Like does DEX/ATA become pointless to raise for melee accuracy past a certain point or that kind of thing?

B. Also, is there a way to check what levels people in a quest are before joining? I wanna hop in random open rooms and play with people but don't wanna drop in on a bunch of people 50 levels higher than me and leech.
A. https://wiki.pioneer2.net/index.php?title=HUnewearl

Use the stats on that page as a set of guidelines.

B. You can select the party that you're thinking of joining, and then press the "Tab" button to cycle through information about the party itself, and the players in it. (It will appear on the bottom left side of the screen)

A. https://wiki.pioneer2.net/index.php?title=HUnewearl

Use the stats on that page as a set of guidelines.

B. You can select the party that you're thinking of joining, and then press the "Tab" button to cycle through information about the party itself, and the players in it. (It will appear on the bottom left side of the screen)
Nice, thanks. So you could theoretically waste materials by using them on a stat that can't increase further for your class? Is that correct?

Nice, thanks. So you could theoretically waste materials by using them on a stat that can't increase further for your class? Is that correct?
Yes, you can waste materials. In fact, my FOnewearl currently is -2 DFP because I accidentally fed her a Power Material.

Just stick to the information on that wiki page I linked and you should be golden.

There's a lot of quests in this game so I gotta ask, what are the ones to keep in mind when I wanna grind exp? Currently lv 33.

There's a lot of quests in this game so I gotta ask, what are the ones to keep in mind when I wanna grind exp? Currently lv 33.
There are different options for quick xp.

The classic Toward the Future rush That fits hunters and rangers when solo, might be more difficult for forces because of bosses.

For forces , i would recommend EP4 with quests like New Mop Up operation 3 (heat room run) or Max attack E Episode 4 Which is easier.

you have also Cal’s Clock Challenge in EP 2 Which gives good xp.

HBR quests have 50% XP bonus, if you have more than 45 points in HBR and if you are under level 100.

Last edited:
1) Your choice is all a matter of tastes and how you want to play.

Racast might be one of the strongest class that exists and a great team asset, high hp, high atp, decent ata and TRAPS (which are OP in ultimate).

The lack of buffs might be an issue on a few end game arenas in solo play, but you have workarounds ( zallure/demon's guns, a mag that provides Shifta /deband on bosses, PB Create unit).
Resta is not really an issue because you can generally carry enough mates for a run.

Ramarl has low atp and hp but her buff/debuff abilities make her a great character for solo play, confy everywhere.
She can also be a good Force replacement in a team and she has high enough ata to be potent with specials like Hell, arrest or demon.

Ramar is very strong too, he has extremely high ata and good atp: He is both easy in solo or team play.
His only weak point might be at low ultimate levels (80>120) when solo, he clearly lacks hp and gets knock down easily by strong mobs.(ramarl's jellen negates that issue partially)
Though he compensates with his high abilty to incapacitate his enemies with specials such as arrest, spirit, hell etc.

My advice: if you are new to ranger, go for Racast or Ramarl.
They are both easy to play everywhere and don't require high end stuff or skills.

2) It depends what you want to hunt: Purplenum, Yellowboze, Whitill, Greenill or Viridia might be good ideas.
Thank you for the details. This has been helpful

I personally use a 45h SQ rn and I love it but still, It can miss sometimes, I would personally make a 30h one just to have one and then upgrade it later over not having one at all.

Awesome, thanks Spuz for the info!

There are different options for quick xp.

The classic Toward the Future rush That fits hunters and rangers when solo, might be more difficult for forces because of bosses.

For forces , i would recommend EP4 with quests like New Mop Up operation 3 (heat room run) or Max attack E Episode 4 Which is easier.

you have also Cal’s Clock Challenge in EP 2 Which gives good xp.

HBR quests have 50% XP bonus, if you have more than 45 points in HBR and if you are under level 100.
I tried TTF and the fish snake guy boss wastes a lot of time as a melee-r. And the dragon too. I probably need a better weapon. A lot of people I see around my level are doing way more damage than me, I imagine they're alts that have a maxed mag, materials, rare weps etc?

I tried TTF and the fish snake guy boss wastes a lot of time as a melee-r. And the dragon too. I probably need a better weapon. A lot of people I see around my level are doing way more damage than me, I imagine they're alts that have a maxed mag, materials, rare weps etc?
Yeah if people around you make a lot more damages , they certainly have better built.
mag level 200, units ,weapons etc….
if you solo , be sure to play in One Person Mode which is easier.
you can find a generic mag level 200 for 2 pds and descent units for around 1 pd each.

Yeah if people around you make a lot more damages , they certainly have better built.
mag level 200, units ,weapons etc….
if you solo , be sure to play in One Person Mode which is easier.
you can find a generic mag level 200 for 2 pds and descent units for around 1 pd each.
Are PDs Photon Drops? I think I have a couple of those, but wasn't sure what they were used for. Also I didn't know One Person Mode was easier... I just left it as default so people might join in

Yes, PD = Photon Drop which is the main currency used for trading. Plenty of things can be used such as meseta, cookies or crystals etc but they are less popular/desired so it's usually best to get pure PD's for your stuff.

Yes, PD = Photon Drop which is the main currency used for trading. Plenty of things can be used such as meseta, cookies or crystals etc but they are less popular/desired so it's usually best to get pure PD's for your stuff.
Ah ok, I was looking at the wiki thinking it was that Gallon guy I should be trading PDs to. So you guys actually use them as currency, I see. Reminds me of uhh.... Guild Wars, I think, back in the day.

Now I have to ask: how does trading actually work in this game?

Ah ok, I was looking at the wiki thinking it was that Gallon guy I should be trading PDs to. So you guys actually use them as currency, I see. Reminds me of uhh.... Guild Wars, I think, back in the day.

Now I have to ask: how does trading actually work in this game?

PDs do get used at gallons (to Paganini), the main reason they get used as currency is because of this. ES specials and Sphereing weaponry are both endgame things which cost a lot of pds, so over time PD became the currency people desire most/use to trade. That and in the past the bank was limited to 1 million meseta only and it is pretty common meaning it was unusable for big trades. Meseta also works for a lot of players (400k is 1 PD). But some would still prefer PDs.

There is a trade window in the main menu in which you can trade with someone within pioneer (away from the quest counter/area and not within a quest). You simply put the item in the window and accept the trade if you're happy. Trades usually get initiated from the discord server trade channel/dm's but also some from the forums, though most people prefer contacting them on discord still because it's much easier/efficient. Then you just meet in-game and use said trade window.

Some people will drop trade but many people dislike this; not because of distrust but mostly because of item desyncing errors and crashes. It's a lot safer to use the trade window.

And just to add a note, if you make a trading room; the etiquette is to make it in episode 2 and normal difficulty. Episode 2 is much closer to the bank for people to travel and normal difficulty allows people with bank characters at level 1 to log and trade.

PDs do get used at gallons (to Paganini), the main reason they get used as currency is because of this. ES specials and Sphereing weaponry are both endgame things which cost a lot of pds, so over time PD became the currency people desire most/use to trade. That and in the past the bank was limited to 1 million meseta only and it is pretty common meaning it was unusable for big trades. Meseta also works for a lot of players (400k is 1 PD). But some would still prefer PDs.

There is a trade window in the main menu in which you can trade with someone within pioneer (away from the quest counter/area and not within a quest). You simply put the item in the window and accept the trade if you're happy. Trades usually get initiated from the discord server trade channel/dm's but also some from the forums, though most people prefer contacting them on discord still because it's much easier/efficient. Then you just meet in-game and use said trade window.

Some people will drop trade but many people dislike this; not because of distrust but mostly because of item desyncing errors and crashes. It's a lot safer to use the trade window.

And just to add a note, if you make a trading room; the etiquette is to make it in episode 2 and normal difficulty. Episode 2 is much closer to the bank for people to travel and normal difficulty allows people with bank characters at level 1 to log and trade.
I see, thanks for the info! Hopefully I can find some forum/ingame trades when I need them, as I don't use Discord.

I have some SIMPLE questions!

How much damage does
SAINT BILLION laser beam do?
SHAMBERTIN laser beam do?
KONDIEURU laser beam do?

and does ANGUISH increase SET damage (like FALZ-03 Swipe Attack) OR ONLY their ATP/DEF/HP ?

This is probably really easy but for whatever reason I don't seem able to figure it out:

How do you chat?

I did check the FAQ and Wiki but neither seem to address it.

This is probably really easy but for whatever reason I don't seem able to figure it out:

How do you chat?

I did check the FAQ and Wiki but neither seem to address it.
Press spacebar and you'll see a green chat cursor in the bottom left. Type out your message, then press enter/return on your keyboard.

If you play 100% on gamepad, you could toggle keyboard controls through F11. Then you won't need to hit spacebar. But this is generally something you don't want to do because you'll be unable to move with keyboard, which imo is still useful sometimes if you're logging in for a quick trade.

I have some SIMPLE questions!

How much damage does
SAINT BILLION laser beam do?
SHAMBERTIN laser beam do?
KONDIEURU laser beam do?

and does ANGUISH increase SET damage (like FALZ-03 Swipe Attack) OR ONLY their ATP/DEF/HP ?
You're asking about the laser they fire from their mouth?

Ultimate, both multimode and one person mode.
Code:
Saint-Milion 840
Shambertin   882
Kondrieu     838

Anguish also increases set damage.

Press spacebar and you'll see a green chat cursor in the bottom left. Type out your message, then press enter/return on your keyboard.

If you play 100% on gamepad, you could toggle keyboard controls through F11. Then you won't need to hit spacebar. But this is generally something you don't want to do because you'll be unable to move with keyboard, which imo is still useful sometimes if you're logging in for a quick trade.
Thanks a bunch!

Back