Quick question - Quick answer

How feasible is it to get an Anti-Dark Ring with randoms? Completing Tyrell's Ego in under an hour is what it takes.

How feasible is it to get an Anti-Dark Ring with randoms? Completing Tyrell's Ego in under an hour is what it takes.

In terms of how easy the quest is to play, I would say it is feasable with anyone as long as they have decent levels and some charge gear. Enemies are normal E1 enemies/bosses and 1 hour is a decent amount regardless of 1055 enemies (including bosses).

But in terms of knowledge of the quest I would say it's not so feasable without re-running a few times. There is a bunch of hidden enemies and late spawn enemies, almost halve the rooms open before the last spawns actually spawn so need to wait around and split up. Check every room and every box room in each map. Rangers are great since easy to Charge Arms and 1 FO is enough as can pipe them back and forth, however one RAmarl for support when splitting is also decent. Start off by building PB before you start the quest, do a 4 way chain for 81SD; this really speeds up the start. The main issue isn't the timing but more so the spawns you can miss easily if you do not know/don't cover it all. For example: a warp that takes you back to the start of caves spawns a single pan arms.

I am in the middle of making a TE guide so things need tidying up but I hope this helps still:
These are just done briefly, but the open black circle indicates where you start and the whole black is the boss warp/ending. The rest is just every room you have to cover and some ways to split etc.
Green Squares at the end of the routes right side of caves lead to the warp left side of caves, and the red arrows on the right of caves is the warp that leads to the start for the single pan arms. The maps are from other quests, like Lost Soul Blade is the Mines map (with extra spawns/enemies) for TE so the extra enemies like the single Sinow Red in the room with set grinders etc that requires switches to open; and the Dark Room with Traps and sinows/garanz are in TE.

The buttons later in ruins are also something people struggle with:
rizoxV3.jpg

Room 1 Example: Laser Room, Path to follow
Room 2 Example: Laser Room, Buttons Correlating to Lasers
Rooms 3 Example: Button Room with Displayed Order

Red Rectangle = Locked Door
Green Rectangle = Open Door with laser Fence
Blue Square = Switch
Blue Circle = Where you warp to from warp in lasers
Green Square = Warp
Green Square with Orange Dot = Where one player warps into laser room (to follow orange path)
Green Square with Purple Circle = Warp that appears after player presses switch (that everyone enters after to join the player in the laser room)
Purple Dot = Where you warp into.

How does HBR work exactly? I haven't had time to play the event much, but according to that thread that details HBR points, I have 30 points in cave but when i type /hbr, at the end it says I have 0 points and no rank, when according to the wiki i should have +15 DAR? what do i actually need to do to increase it? is it just the banner that isn't working?

How does HBR work exactly? I haven't had time to play the event much, but according to that thread that details HBR points, I have 30 points in cave but when i type /hbr, at the end it says I have 0 points and no rank, when according to the wiki i should have +15 DAR? what do i actually need to do to increase it? is it just the banner that isn't working?

In order to get points you have to run every mission in the HBR. Your HBR score is then calculated by the lowest score you have for a mission in the HBR. So if every mission has 12 except MAE Forest only has 6, it treats it as if you have 6 points. To get it to 12 you would need to run MAE Forest to get that mission score to 12. In your case I'm guessing you have 0 points for some missions, so run those ones to increase your score and DAR.

You can access a shared bank space from any character by typing /bank - so each character has their own bank and each will have access to the shared bank as well.

Yes cbank 1 is like memory card 1 and can hold 4 characters. If you use cbank 2 it's like switching memory card 1 for memory card 2 and you have another 4 character slots. (When you go back to the character select screen) It doesn't actually do anything for your bank.

As stated above, using /bank to switch to shared bank is accessable from any character. And using the same command will switch you back to the character bank.

He wants to know if he can access his other characters' banks, in which case the answer is no.

It doesn't directly increase hit nor give any ATA, it's so much better than that. Smartlink negates the non-RA ranged penalty, so basically allows any ranged attack to get the ''bonus'' of smartlink (which is OP). This includes Dark Flow's Special attack yes, but not melee if you decide to swing it.

So this basically means it's not needed for DF because you usually use DF right in front of the enemies?

Or does it indeed effectively add ATA to your attacks?

I know PSO-World is a shitty source, but this quote is still interesting:

"First allow me to explain what we all thought to be true.
Hunters and Forces using ranged weapons are less likely to hit a target depending on how far they are from the target.
Rangers however, have a built-in ability that allows them to fire from any distance with the same chance of striking the enemy.
Smartlink was an item that allowed Forces and Hunters to have this built-in Ranger ability.

WRONG!
And I quote...

Smartlink effectively adds ATA to your attacks.
If there were a "range difference" between Rangers and non-Rangers, the Slicer Glitch would affect the two groups differently, since a "range difference" implies an additional penalty.
But at maximum Slicer range, Forces/Hunters can be more accurate than a Ranger, even with higher modified ATA on the RA.
If there were a range difference in ATA calculation, Rangers would win this contest in Normal/Special/Special vs. Special/Normal/Special... They do not.
Enemies can manually evade the attack by moving before it reaches them. Some examples of this are enemies walking away or De Rol Le jiggling up and down.

Does this mean Smartlink isn't effective?
That's not what that means, anyone who's used it should be able to see the difference it creates anyways.
The effective ATA boost is quite worthy of being one of your four chosen units for HU/FO.

One reason we all probably thought range was a factor for Accuracy is because when you try to hit a target from far away... you fire your bullet or slicer shot in a linear path at which the target is currently at RIGHT when you execute the command.
A factor that many overlooked is that bullets and slicer shots do not hit instantly (we know that... but...) since they don't hit instantly, the enemy has a chance to move just enough distance to evade the attack manually (which we see a lot when they move fast and you get the MISS)"

Smartlink is a must for HUs anyway, still curious though. :wacko:

Just noticed that my guildcard is showing the wrong location (mine says Jpn).

Is there a way to change this to the correct location?

So this basically means it's not needed for DF because you usually use DF right in front of the enemies?

I know PSO-World is a shitty source, but this quote is still interesting:

"First allow me to explain what we all thought to be true.
Hunters and Forces using ranged weapons are less likely to hit a target depending on how far they are from the target.
Rangers however, have a built-in ability that allows them to fire from any distance with the same chance of striking the enemy.
Smartlink was an item that allowed Forces and Hunters to have this built-in Ranger ability.

WRONG!
And I quote...

Smartlink effectively adds ATA to your attacks.
If there were a "range difference" between Rangers and non-Rangers, the Slicer Glitch would affect the two groups differently, since a "range difference" implies an additional penalty.
But at maximum Slicer range, Forces/Hunters can be more accurate than a Ranger, even with higher modified ATA on the RA.
If there were a range difference in ATA calculation, Rangers would win this contest in Normal/Special/Special vs. Special/Normal/Special... They do not.
Enemies can manually evade the attack by moving before it reaches them. Some examples of this are enemies walking away or De Rol Le jiggling up and down.

Does this mean Smartlink isn't effective?
That's not what that means, anyone who's used it should be able to see the difference it creates anyways.
The effective ATA boost is quite worthy of being one of your four chosen units for HU/FO.

One reason we all probably thought range was a factor for Accuracy is because when you try to hit a target from far away... you fire your bullet or slicer shot in a linear path at which the target is currently at RIGHT when you execute the command.
A factor that many overlooked is that bullets and slicer shots do not hit instantly (we know that... but...) since they don't hit instantly, the enemy has a chance to move just enough distance to evade the attack manually (which we see a lot when they move fast and you get the MISS)"

Smartlink is a must for HUs anyway, still curious though. :wacko:

If your a HU/FO and your attacking head-on but with a ranged weapon there would still be some loss of accuracy without smartlink, just less of a loss than say standing 10ft away and using the same ranged weapon. To my knowledge smartlink negates that loss of accuracy allowing you to attack at any range as if you were meleeing. And while I don't know the exact accuracy issues you get at different ranges, I would certainly most rather have it than not for DFing; I mean, every little helps regardless and it should be glued onto every hunter anyways. It's not just a simple ATA bonus at all.

I read a Japanese page a few days ago.
http://kara.at-ninja.jp/other_2_1.html
The writer says he equipped a Dark Flow and tried 50 times special on Deldepth without Smartlink, it hit 0 times. But with Smartlink it has about 20% odds to hit.

From my understanding, Dark Flow's special is a "ranged attack" though it has a very close range. The accuracy penalty just removed when Smartlink was equipped. A melee attack or a ranged attack is not depended on the range, they are just hard-set in the game. AFAIK all melee attacks can hurt lizards but ranged attacks can't. If a Dark Flow's special can't hurt lizards then it is just a ranged attack. I never used a DF I can't comfirm it.

Another weird thing is that guy did't hit Deldepth by using hard attack for 50 times with or without a Smartlink.

The formula is simply base hit chance - (distance * 0.333333), where "distance" is between you and the monster. Rangers always use the base hit chance without the reduction caused by distance. The penalty is applied to your hit chance, i.e. after the ATA/EVP calculation has already happened. It doesn't add or subtract ATA from the attack directly, so you can't say that distance subtracts ATA: the effective ATA loss depends upon what the original hit chance was against that particular enemy's EVP, so the penalty is not the same against each enemy.

Back