Quick question - Quick answer

How do range boosting items affect the innate class bonuses for FOs? Do they stack?

They stack additively iirc, so a FOmarl with resta merge + marina's bag won't be 8x larger than a FOnewms normal resta range, but only 4x larger (+1 from FOmarl passive, +1 from resta merge, +1 from marina's bag). This is still a ridiculously long range. With a FOmarl you usually don't need this much, but if you're fonewm/fomar, just a resta merge can be helpful for some quests/parties.

Huh. I didn't know what was an option. Can I get them from Gallon?
You find PD's (photon drops) as loot from any enemy slain, or a box too for that matter. Not very often though. They are used as currency to trade with other players.

So save up for something good and don't waste them!

About Gallon's Shop. PD are the currency to buy things from him. Like addslot for 1PD, for example.

Some questions about the MA4 venue:

1. The NPCs in the MA4 venue talk about hitting a certain kill count. I'm guessing this was the kill count when, for a lack of better term, the quest was captured. Am i right?
  2. The NPC dialogue also hints that players had to reach a certain amount of MA4 kills for something (probably around 100 million kills). Was this ever done on the Sega servers before they closed?
  3. Is there any text in the quest for when the max kill count was reached, or is the the dialogue blabbing about 80 million kills the only dialogue in it?

The MA4 quests were part of a Maximum Attack event (and not permanent like they are now), where players were tasked with accumulating kills across the 3 episodes to hit milestones on SEGA's webpanel (much like what our summer event was like).

The 80,000,000 kill count is indeed when the quest was captured. The final rendition of the quest had 100,000,000 kills to be attained, but I think only SCHTServ has that version, but it's no big deal, I don't think there's any real differences other than some tweaked rates at the vending machine (I'd need the quest to actually confirm that though).

And 100,000,000 was actually hit.

Hey folks! New to Ephinea here. I was just wondering how the Dressing Room worked on this server? I'm excited to get into PSO again, especially since this server seems like it's stable and has a cool community, but I get worried about not liking how my character looks after I've invested a bunch of time into it. I did a bit of looking around and saw it had something to do with "teams", but I think those are a Blue Burst thing - I've played this game a ton online on both Gamecube and Xbox but I never really messed around with Teams. Would it be possible for me to create a custom team for me and my buds, or would I have to join an existing team to get access to the Dressing Room?

You can make your own team to get the Dressing Room; it costs 1,000 Team Points to unlock which are gained from giving up rares to the team. A good use for all the junk you find.

After you unlock the dressing room, it's completely free to use as long as you're in a team which has the dressing room unlocked.

The TJS special is useful yes, much more than SJS' Hell. It's the only strong attack that has a 360 radius, which is very useful for many spawns.

Also it has no ATA check.

I'd say no. You have a hit SJS iirc so it carries that niche. Might as well capitalize on that and unseal a hitless one for 2%s.

Is a hit Mille Marteux really ideal? I read in some older posts one with % in 3 attributes that isn't hit would be better for raw power since supposedly, the special (on odd beats) is just an auto lock on hard attack.

I've read conflicting posts on the subject, so I dunno, can't fins a 100% straight answer.

Practically, is there any reason to pick a Berserk weapon over a Charge weapon?

Practically, is there any reason to pick a Berserk weapon over a Charge weapon?

Ya. So you can amass meseta instead of charging it and then sell it to charge whores for PDs.

I use spirit instead tho cuz its safer.

There's getting your HP low for Dark Flow as well, but that's it.

What's the best weapon you can get from a quest? And how?
There is ALOT of weapons you can get from quests. And defining 'the best' is not such a simple term for any weapon.
  • Shops have Charge Vulcans + other Charge stuff ('best weapons' in game), pipe, pipe, pipe, pipe for that 50h or buy them from others.
  • PGF drops from Olga flow in the quest RT. Which makes DF, arguably 'the best' hunter weapon.
  • In terms of quest rewards: Government reward list and Other quest Rewards
From those lists as suggested by nyte.
Hmm. Soul Eater? Google it!

• Soul Eater is good for newbies low ATP, the Beserk special is nice but no hit makes it useless later on (ultimate).
  • Vjaya is nice in those lists also for anywhere if you can afford.
Outside of those lists it's what drops from enemies.

Last edited:
Having just come back recently to PSO, looking through my bank, I have summer bronze and silver badges. Can someone tell me what they are used for?
Also, what is an item ticket.

Summer badges are used in the badge shop which is located in Episode 1. There's a large variety of things you can obtain from the NPCs scattered around.

Item Ticket is used in the Item Present quest in Episode 2.

Reactions: UNO
Back