Quick question - Quick answer

S-Rank Fist isn't totally useless, though. As one of the highest ATP weapons in the game, putting Berserk or Spirit on it can cause some serious damage on single targets. It may not be a generally practical weapon, but it isn't completely pointless, either.

Watch this video:

They have a Snow skin for forest but dw about that. Just follow who they talk to and what they say. I've followed this before and it's correct.

This must be done on hard mode or above.

Mag Cell 502 is the only one you can get in this quest?

I'm not sure I see your point. Just because not all sranks are used and not all specials are used doesn't stop sranks being OP in general.??
You're putting the cart before the horse. S-Ranks aren't OP in general because most don't get used. It's that most weapon types and a lot of specials suck, and people don't use them as a consequence. The only S-Ranks that are arguably OP at all are from a small group of the best weapon types combined with the best specials.

All I'm saying is I don't see any reason why certain ones (Sabers, Katanas, and Twin Swords) don't get boosted by PoSS. I don't think those weapons are OP in the first place (again, like most S-Ranks), nor would it do much harm if they were, and it would make logical sense as a function of the item itself.
S-Rank Fist isn't totally useless, though. As one of the highest ATP weapons in the game, putting Berserk or Spirit on it can cause some serious damage on single targets. It may not be a generally practical weapon, but it isn't completely pointless, either.
Sure, I agree. It's kind of like a hitless HS you pistol whip monsters with, lol. But if a weapon is expensive, impractical, has no attributes or hit, and in an environment with a lot of competition for its function (single target DPS), it's hard for me to say it's anything else but a collector's item.
whats the price of PoSS?
A little searching says 25? unsealed. Going by @Archivebit's judgement.

Actually what I was referring to was the fact sranks are all unreduced specials. This is what makes them OP.

Actually what I was referring to was the fact sranks are all unreduced specials. This is what makes them OP.
Fair enough. I don't really think that really makes anything OP other than on weapons that don't normally get unreduced specials though. W/e. /opinions

Sranks are the games best weapons man. endgame tier. Every characters needs/requires them to be the best. it's not an opinion. It's fact. People can do what they want though obviously. I'm just saying :eek:.

Sranks are the games best weapons man. endgame tier. Every characters needs/requires them to be the best. it's not an opinion. It's fact. People can do what they want though obviously. I'm just saying :eek:.
so... when did u say u were going to play cmode again? xD

I got a bit curious about the Unreduced thing so I did a quick search and found this

http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=977

• Success % rates fluctuates slightly depending on difficulty
  • Swords, daggers & partisans: multiple/extra chances of success rate (3-6 attacks/button press)
  • Mechguns: 1/3 rate or 33.3% of max per bullet
  • Slicers & shots: 1/5 rate or 20% of max per bullet or projectile

Unreduced refers to specials in general not just sranks. It's just ALL sranks are unreduced and top tier specials which you place on a weapon of choice.

Basically: ALL ''non-rare'' WEAPONS that are not single target / hit have some sort of reduction with specials (unless sacrificial specials: Spirit / zerk / charge). As for specific numbers I can't recall. But it's mostly 1/2, 1/3 or 1/4.

Rare weapons have a bunch of different specials, that are also unreduced but are set to the weapon they are and vary in tier (tiers being for example dim > > > hell.)

An old discussion/post that explains how reduction / unreduction effect weapons (comment 3) :
http://forums.sega.com/archive/index.php/t-166669.html

Essentially as example: a 'Demons Vulcan' would have to hit 3 times AND activate 3 times for every single Demons Mechgun (srank) hit. (3 times as much)

However a 'Hell laser' being 1 target and hits once is itself already unreduced.

Last edited:
Couple questions;
1. What's the max number of guild cards/guild card pages you can have?
2. What's the difference between a normal slicer and a J-Cutter? PSO-World lists it as a Slicer, but what's special about it?

Basically: ALL ''non-rare''.
I know you put it in quotes but a more accurate description would be any weapon below the ID 000A00 (which is cane) gets reduced based on its group.
That includes all non rare, non force weapons but a few rare weps too.

Sure, it's hard to remember them all but any spreadsheet with that info or my PMT editor would be easy enough to find them.

Couple questions;
I don't know here in ephinea, pretty sure Soda increased it to the hardcap?
Should be 105 max like ... hardcoded max. 7 * 15.

Couple questions;
2. What's the difference between a normal slicer and a J-Cutter? PSO-World lists it as a Slicer, but what's special about it?
It has ~10 atp more or something like that.
and J-Cutter looks C O O L E R. Therefore it is better.

By "normal slicer" do you mean S-Rank Slicer or the nonrare slicers?
Also J-Cutter has 35 more ATP than S-Rank Slicer.

By "normal slicer" do you mean S-Rank Slicer or the nonrare slicers?
Also J-Cutter has 35 more ATP than S-Rank Slicer.
Let's just say an S-Rank Slicer for a side by side comparison. Is more ATP the only difference other than the cosmetics?

Let's just say an S-Rank Slicer for a side by side comparison. Is more ATP the only difference other than the cosmetics?
> asking as if cosmetics are unimportant
PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFT
Yes, atp is the only difference

Back