PSOBB Post-Processing

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
Guildcard
Taken from here: http://www.schtserv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 35&t=85295 (which is now dead...)
Credit for this software goes to Black Emerald Team (psobb.ru) and MonsterHunterFan.

Download: https://files.pioneer2.net/psobb_enb.zip (password: pioneer2)
MHF's HDR V2 file: https://files.pioneer2.net/effect.txt

PSOBB ENB is a post-processing effect software that improves the game's graphical quality with special effects (Such as bloom, blur, reflection bump, and anything the user can write with the effect.txt file). It can be used in windowed or fullscreen and doesn't mess with skins.

Installation instructions:
  1. Download the archive.
  2. Extract the contents of the windowed folder into the root PSOBB folder (where psobb.exe is located)
  3. Extract an effect.txt file into the root PSOBB folder (from the archive or MHF's HDR V2 file) and rename it to effect.cfg.
  4. Open enb_config.exe and click PSOBB.ru (to generate an effect file)
And you should be done, just boot the game. If you're playing the game in Classic Fullscreen (i.e. not Virtual Windowed), you will need the contents of the fullscreen folder instead and skip step 4.

---

An alternative to PSOBB ENB is the "PSO Shader Mod" by [Unknown], which is similar to ENB, easier to setup, but gives the player slightly less control than the effect.cfg file.

You can download it here.

Installation instructions:
  1. Extract the contents of the Shaders folder to your root PSOBB folder
  2. Use the PSOBBRegFix
  3. Open the Configuration Tool and set your options
And you should be done.

Last edited by a moderator:
Matt said:
Maybe I'll place some images down here if people are too lazy to check the SCHTServ thread (or if it disappears).
The SCHTServ forum will likely disappear in March at the latest, as that's when the domain expires, so you should archive anything of importance sooner, rather than later.

Aleron Ives said:
Matt said:
Maybe I'll place some images down here if people are too lazy to check the SCHTServ thread (or if it disappears).
The SCHTServ forum will likely disappear in March at the latest, as that's when the domain expires, so you should archive anything of importance sooner, rather than later.
Seems the forum is down now, or at least I'm getting a suspended page. All information and tools lost forever, unless someone managed to archive it (e.g. HTTrack) :x

Yep, it's gone, RIP.

I didn't think to archive anything just yet since I didn't think it would go down so fast.

The fuck schtserv is gone? for realz? foreva? like no respawns? like all of it just gone poof. What about the rarez????????????

It is rather curious that it died now, when the domain shouldn't expire for another four months, but I don't really expect it to come back now that nobody is watching the store anymore.

Well, it's possible they didn't buy their domain from Hostgator and were just paying monthly on the host?

I know my host and domain are two different payments.

Yeah, the most likely explanation is that the forum had at least one payment due between now and March, and nobody paid it. If that's the case, we should probably expect to see the page suspended error until March, at which point the domain should go up for sale.

Yeah, I was gonna try the shader mod to see what it was like against ENB, but R I P...

Didn't realise SCHTServ would die so soon, wish I listened to Ives and took his advice.

i have the aforementioned shader mod installed. maybe i can help players that want to use it.

sorry for double post, i found the most recent version in my downloads folder. this is the exact one posted by dezoesper (i think was his name?) on scht forums.

Attachments

• ShadersV1.3.7z
    2.3 MB · Views: 762
I legit don't understand what i'm supposed to change/where I find effect.txt after extracting all the folders to the EphineaPSOBB folder. I play in windowed mode as well.

Well, I simplified the installation instructions and added the Shaders mod to the OP as well.

Back