PSOBB Post-Processing

If I use the PSOBB ENB can I use every .txt or is only one possible without screwing my game royally?

Question. Could you install all the mods in the effects folder? Or can you only install one seeing as most use an effects file that needs a specific naming convention to work?

Last edited:
Thank you for this. I can now use my passive graphics card on my laptop with no issues. It has been an issue with my gaming laptop for almost a year. Great post. Hope this helps people with the same problem I had being stuck on the Intel chip sucked.

How does one change the amount of bloom? I installed this, but the level of bloom is a bit too much at this point.

Also Pixel vs Vertex vs Emulation fog, what are the appeals of any of them? I want my PSO to be shiny and fresh feeling :v

@Hex You could try the Shader Mod. @Echelon posted an update a couple posts up. I havent used that one but the original one was very easy to config.

So I tried both ENB & Reshade recently but came across some issues with both if anyone knows anything can help me.
  • ENB I managed to get up and running via this & I tried @reason 's also (since I like the darkness). But every ENB I tried I ended up with a stutter. Around every 3-5 seconds for like 1/4 of a second, it would drop from 30-27 fps for that moment repeatedly and became annoying.
  • With Reshade I set it up but PSOBB.exe stops loading from the launcher when I click ''start game'' It, however, does load directly from PSOBB.exe, but then when It loads the writing is all messed up and the mouse is off. The mouse isn't a huge issue but not being able to read is.
T1y8zpY.png

yumL2dt.png
Selected PSOBB.exe then get this message
HB8AbNE.png

So I move the d3d8.dll into the root folder with dsd9.dll & then click directx 9 and install the shaders etc.

I tried without the add-ons + different PSO settings for both and no change. I haven't tried different PSO font's yet incase 'fixedsys' is effecting Reshade so that is something to do. Anyone know anything that could be the issue/help for any of these?

For those interested
Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 1700x
  • (8-Core/16-Threads, 3.8GHz)
Motherboard: Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 mobo.
Networking: See Motherboard
RAM: 4x 8gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 [2666mhz]
  • (CMK8GX4M1A2666C16 LPX C16 XMP 2.0)
Internal Storage: 5750GB
  • 1TB SATA 11 HDD - General Storage
  • 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HDD - Rom Storage
  • 250GB Samsung 850 EVO 2.5 Inch SSD - Windows
  • 500GB Samsung 850 EVO 2.5 Inch SSD - Gaming
External Storage: 320GB
  • 320GB Sonnics 2.5 Inch Pocket HD, USB powered.
CD/DVD Drive: 2x Drive-
  • Asus DRW-24D5MT DVD super multi (CD+/-RW, DVD+/-RW, DVD DL, 4-24X, 145ms DVD)
  • LG BD BH16NSFF.AUAR10B (3D compatible, BD/CD/DVD Supported/-RW, BD-XL (QL and TL))
Graphics: PNY GeoForce GTX 970 4GB (GFP70GTX4GEPB)
Case: NZXT Phanton410 orange stripe case
Sound:
Power Supply: 750w Gold standard EVGA PSU
Cooling System: AirFlow
  • 2xFan CPU cooling, 1x Intake/ 1x Exhaust: Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED (AM3).
  • 8xFan system cooling, 4x Intake / 4x Exhaust, variety of fans.
Operating system: WIN10
Printer: HP DeskJet 3630 All-in-One

@Spuz
The stutters are probably due to the game not using your graphics card, it happened to a friend of mine earlier.
You have to force a bunch of settings to get it to even recognize your GPU, check to make sure its not idling.

I'm not sure what the problem is with reshade since I never messed around with it much.

It's probably more powerful than ENB in terms of customization, but unfortunately it messes with text boxes.

@Spuz
The stutters are probably due to the game not using your graphics card, it happened to a friend of mine earlier.
You have to force a bunch of settings to get it to even recognize your GPU, check to make sure its not idling.

I will look into that.

edit: I forced to use gpu according to Nvidia Control Panel but I still get the stutter. Unsure what else I can do to check/force.

Last edited:
I will look into that.

edit: I forced to use according to Nvidia Control Panel but I still get the stutter. Unsure what else I can do to check/force.
It could be just something else entirely, maybe CPU compatibility or something.

On my setup I have no issue running any ENB setting.

PC

CPU: i7 4770k
GPU: GTX 1080ti
Ram: 16GB ddr3 1866mhz ram

I forced Anisotropic filtering 16x, and 8x Anti Aliasing to get it to use my GPU. (You should try with super sampling as well)
Also I run my game at 1080p windowed.
Have the latest drivers, and do not have Geforce Experience installed.

It could be just something else entirely, maybe CPU compatibility or something.

On my setup I have no issue running any ENB setting.

PC

CPU: i7 4770k
GPU: GTX 1080ti
Ram: 16GB ddr3 1866mhz ram

I forced Anisotropic filtering 16x, and 8x Anti Aliasing to get it to use my GPU. (You should try with super sampling as well)
Also I run my game at 1080p windowed.
Have the latest drivers, and do not have Geforce Experience installed.

2 years later, I find myself having the same issue as Spuz. The game stutters for barely half a second within 15-30 secs intervals. Your solution didn't work for me, I'm afraid. Is this a problem unique to laptops?

EDIT: This fixed it! https://www.pioneer2.net/community/threads/dedicated-gpu.18228/

Last edited:
Back