"PSOBB.exe has stopped working."

Remon

I've been randomly getting this, for it seems literally every action I can do in the game. Start a quest, take a telepipe, cast a tech, smack a monster all can end with my client CTD'ing. I cannot for the life of me figure out what is causing this. I've checked compatibility modes, ticked run as admin, window moded it, fullscreened it, changed the res, turned the graphics down, etc. None of these things changed the CTD's frequency. It's so random, and there are so many variables that I cannot pinpoint the cause. I play on a windows 10 tablet ( but it's honestly more like a laptop ), I play with a PS4 controller. I do not crash on my brother's computer however. This problem seems related to only my laptop, and this tablet. Both CTD like crazy. It can't be a hardware issue, because I run this game super solid on my tablet. I randomly CTD in the lobby when I'm on a smoke break. It's super killing any immersion and momentum I gain when playing it. Someone please, please help me.

I was gonna ask if you were doing any overclocking but it's happening over 2 sets of hardware, so I'm not sure. Have you tried turning off "Advanced effect"? I know you said you tried turning graphics down, but Mobile hardware sets have trouble with advanced effect sometimes, there's no good reason for it to my memory but it's kind of a thing.

Is this only happening on one account? Over all your characters? Sometimes PSO accounts can crap the bed despite the servers/administrators best intentions.

Thanks for your reply, yes I've tried the advanced effect thing. Both on and off. Doesn't seem to change anything. Any time I play with other people I risk crashing. But when I play on one person mode, I don't think I've ever crashed. Maybe it's my tablets wireless thingy? Idk. :C

I could be wrong but I think I remember something along the lines of a client forcing a crash when you become desynched? @Sodaboy correct me if I'm wrong. If you can manage it, try a hard line to your router/modem instead of wireless for a while to see if it fixes anything(if that's even a option). PSO is old so sneezing at it can make it crash, there's far too many variables to be honest.

I haven't played on my tablet in a few days, so I forgot about the thread. Will try that now. Thanks guys. I'll let you know if it works.

It seems DEP was disabled on both my tablet and laptop by default so I don't think that was the issue. Any other ideas? :eek:

Back