PSO2 for me in a nutshell (lately)

kaikai

SPREAD NEEDLE/G
Guildcard
Guildcard 2
>starts off last year spending 300 or so hours playing with a decent team, having fun, etc

>team disbands

>whered everyone go

>i have no friends to play with anymore

>spends a couple hours updating through tweaker every week

>gets online to try to play with people, cant find any parties or anything

>so many updates, what is even going on

>so much japanese help i cant read this

>gets off and is sad face

>is slightly drunk

>fuck it ill play xbox or psobb

anyone else or.. ?

PSO2 recently is just:

>log on
>afk until eq
>do eq
>afk until next eq

nothing to do anymore in that game

PSO for me:

>Try to install it
>Get bored of trying to find out how
>Give up
>Play PSOBB or MGS

I was already turned away from it not being localized, but even if JP pushes out content quick, it's still the same drip-feed mess that PSU was and literally kills the game for everyone. Sega seems to think that will keep people interested but they're wrong. The newest content gets overplayed for a week or so then everyone goes back to "what the hell do I do now?"

Funny how they did it right with a 15 year old game (in their 4th version, at least) and have yet to realize that.

HAHAHAHA i can't even remember the original process I went through to install the game tbh but it was worth it (at one point) now I just have no idea whats going on. Oh well,

theres always Ephinea

I was already turned away from it not being localized, but even if JP pushes out content quick, it's still the same drip-feed mess that PSU was and literally kills the game for everyone. Sega seems to think that will keep people interested but they're wrong. The newest content gets overplayed for a week or so then everyone goes back to "what the hell do I do now?"

Funny how they did it right with a 15 year old game (in their 4th version, at least) and have yet to realize that.

It makes me think that IF ONLY SEGA LEARNED FROM PSO/PSOBB masterpiece, they would have prospered successfully. I don't even find it a surprise that people are into PSOBB rather than PSO2, other than the fact that Sega is being stubborn as heck to even localize the game. A friend on Ephinea helped me make an account on PSO2 because I don't understand Japanese and for some reason, based on my experience of even attempting it on my own... apparently you also need to "speedrun" the registration of the account... otherwise it renders the whole registration as invalid and you have to do it in less than a minute, by which I mean I filled in everything quick but the captcha was in Japanese and I had to find some sources to type in Japanese.... in which I gave up and let my friend on Ephinea do it for me instead... not sure if it was like this for anyone else, maybe it was just me lol.

And lastly, half to most of the game was translated but eh, I couldn't invest myself into such a game because the game community itself felt rather barren and boring. I tried with my friend from Ephinea but heck, the game wasn't even interesting enough to keep the both of us consistent in it. Although for the sake of memory making with this friend, I'd love to complete the game just for that.

(Looking at you @emoticon <3)

PSO2 for me:

>Think about playing it
>Remember modern-day SEGA
>Remember Planet Earth
>Desist of the idea

I installed it and played it for about 10 minutes, was assaulted with this ancient runic language I had no hope of understanding, pressed on to get an idea of what playing is like. Didn't seem too bad...but

Uninstalled. I just can't do a game I can't understand.

Sadly I have only tried PSO2 for a total of 5 minutes. From what I read there are at least two Tuna weapons. The game looks great and I would dump time into learning its systems if it was readily accessible in my the US. Let me be a good consumer!

54879298.jpg

65514150.jpg

56448576.jpg

my pso2 experience when I actually bothered to play:

>check shops
>check shops
>check shops
>check shops
>check shops
>check shops
>eq
>check shops
>check shops
>time attack run
>check shops
>check shops
>check shops

Talked to my Uncle today, he logs into PSO2 and finds all his characters are gone. On the bright side it seems new features were added. Not allowed to have nice things?

Back