POKEMON GO THO?

I'm rather upset over it at the moment. I was a beta field tester; they closed it on June 30th saying our beta will auto update to release when it's released. Well release came and mine didn't update...Go to look it up. My phone is no longer compatible.

I've also gotten into it. It's brought back so many childhood memories of Gen 1 and Gen 2... Also making sure I keep the gym close to my house!

a co-worker told me this game uses your phone's GPS. i can see why it needs your camera, but why the GPS? for advertisements based on your area? XD

I'd probably enjoy this more if I didn't get a "servers are having issues" screen about 90% of the time. On the flip side, one of the aircraft I regularly work on is a Pokestop somehow.

mUubyA7.png

Yeah, I can't explain that one.

a co-worker told me this game uses your phone's GPS. i can see why it needs your camera, but why the GPS? for advertisements based on your area? XD
For location-based stuff, such as where your Pokemon will "spawn" as well as how much you've walked to hatch eggs.

B> IN MY COUNTRY

Yeah GPS kinda makes the game. It uses lots of MAPS and LOCATIONS and KILOMETERS TRAVELLED

gotcha. gonna have to make fun of him at work now for not knowing that

im level 10 how about you guys

level 3

can't get over the feeling of looking like a complete dork walking around looking for pokemon on my phone, even though I want to like it.

Level 4

Only 1 check point and 1 gym in my small town D=
Edit: guess there's 5gyms and about 20 check points just all on the other side of town

ALSO For anyone getting "incompatible device" I used this to download it https://m.apkpure.com/pokémon-go/com.nianticlabs.pokemongo

Works like a charm, just no AR for me since my phone is without a gyroscope

Last edited:
I went out for a nice lunch and on the way I caught all kinds of stuff and raised my Level to 6, but then on the way back it started being a completely unplayable mess again. Either way, progress is progress.

On that note, I'm sure there are people driving around this park by my house way past midnight playing this and I'm just sitting here like my dude, when do you SLEEP??? :eek:

Lucky eggs are OP. Dropped two lures on Pokestops literally across the street from each other and evolved like 50 pidgeys and weedles. Jumped from level 10 to almost 16 in a little under an hour.

There's a neighborhood nearby me with a few hundred Pokestops so I'll have to try that sometime. There's bound to be two or three in the same location. Might be fun, who knows?

e: FYI if anyone's ever played Ingress, it basically uses that game's backbone for this one, so wherever you found tons of nodes in that, you'll find them here too. Just a fun fact.

Back